Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting QB 2019???

Renegade7

Who should be the starting QB in 2019???  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the starting QB in 2019???

• Alex Smith
    • Colt McCoy
    • Trade for a Veteran
    • Sign a Veteran
    • First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Non-First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Too Early to Answer
    • I don't know yet
    • We're screwed (at least at QB for 2019)

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just saw the Redskins are hosting Kyler Murray next.

On Keim's podcast he interviewed an Arizona reporter who thinks they move Rosen but not until draft day. He thinks they think they might get teams that day feeling more desperate if they didn't get their targeted qbs.

Saw Mike Garafalo say that he checked around and discovered the market for Rosen is somewhat cool, it's not hot right now.

Well, SIP our favorite is visiting but it will probably be as close as we get to drafting him.  :)  

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah. Don’t see what the point of that is though, we all know the cardinals are going to draft him. 

Maybe trick him into telling them the Cardinals are going to draft him, so they know they have a better chance to get Rosen?  Haha

39 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Well, SIP our favorite is visiting but it will probably be as close as we get to drafting him.  :)  

Yeah just saw the visit is 4-18. The one QB that all the beat guys are on the same page about is them loving Murray. Otherwise the reports seem mixed on everyone else.

Wonder if Dan falls in love with the dude and in turn they offer some bonanza trade offer.  Even though just about every indication is the Cards take Murray.

32 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Maybe trick him into telling them the Cardinals are going to draft him, so they know they have a better chance to get Rosen?  Haha

Cards maybe bluffing the Skins saying they don't want to trade Rosen and might not draft Murray to see if that makes the Redskins more antsy.  And the Redskins are calling their bluff.  Sort of like that Seinfeld episode where George plays out the bluff.

Repost:

On 4/5/2019 at 11:12 AM, hogdirty said:

I believe all these rumors are from Arizona to get the NYG to give up their #17 pick. 

As far as Rosen going to the Redskins, I don't see the Skins trading for Rosen at all.  In fact if the Redskins trade for Rosen I want The ES Moderators to ban me for 30 days because I'm willing to bet it won't happen 😁

Posting this again to remind ya'll I'm serious about this 😁.  

Also the Cardinals need to take Q. Williams the Alabama DT.  He looks like he can impact a game like Aaron Darnold or JJ Watt

14 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Soooooo now we're trading the house for Kyler Murray?

Might have always been the plan if he doesn't go #1.  If he falls to #3 it happened because Jets are willing to move down.

52 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Soooooo now we're trading the house for Kyler Murray?

No, just going to have him in for a bit for our trainers to get a good look at him. After he gets an ACL injury under their care, they hope to pick him up in the 3rd round.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah just saw the visit is 4-18. The one QB that all the beat guys are on the same page about is them loving Murray. Otherwise the reports seem mixed on everyone else.

Wonder if Dan falls in love with the dude and in turn they offer some bonanza trade offer.  Even though just about every indication is the Cards take Murray.

I don't think we will go the RG3 route again.  Now, if Murray were to fall quite a bit and we didn't have to give up the house, maybe so.

I would definitely not rule out anything with this FO.  I don't care what they say, trading up is still a possibility.  

Murray is enticing and would sell a whole bunch of merchandise, unlike any other player in this draft.  Financially speaking it may be worth the move up, and we're headed in the wrong direction quickly in terms of ticket sales, and all the ancillary revenue streams.  I would not be shocked in the least if we attempted to kickstart this franchise with the next greatest thing. From a team building standpoint it would leave us struggling to fill the needs of the roster and probably not work out cuz we are the Skins, lol.

But lets assume that is not the case and we are just playing it coy I think the longer the Cards try and hold out the less leverage they have. Teams will have to move forward with draft plans, which was the leak today that we are not "actively chasing" Rosen.  I say at most we've offered our second 3rd round pick. We can wait them out, its them that has to move him. The market being cool for JR definitely works in our favor.  They've barred him from speaking at the OTA's. So it's an issue they are having to actively deal with.  Now if he goes out and speaks on his own, which is his right to do,  it could turn up heat and the timeline on these events.

Oh Redskins...you are nothing if not interesting.

1 hour ago, JoggingGod said:

Allbright thinks we’re just bluffing until draft day 

Love Murray and he's my #1 QB in this draft but Rosen is #2.  Murray is a dream scenario and Skins and everyone else know that Murray is going to be the #1 overall pick.  I am hoping that Rosen is a Skin before or on Thursday draft night.

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

I don't think we will go the RG3 route again.  Now, if Murray were to fall quite a bit and we didn't have to give up the house, maybe so.

As JP Finlay likes to say Bruce set an example with that RG3 trade as for giving up so many first rounders that has been scoffed at to the degree that we might not see a trade like that again for a long time by anyone.  In another words, no team has overpaid for a trade like that since in terms of giving up that many first rounders.  So trading up for Murray even from 15 is likely cheaper than what they did trading up from 6 in 2012.   Having said that even if the Redskins wanted to do it for Murray I do not think the Cards will trade that pick. 

5 hours ago, RWJ said:

Love Murray and he's my #1 QB in this draft but Rosen is #2.  Murray is a dream scenario and Skins and everyone else know that Murray is going to be the #1 overall pick.  I am hoping that Rosen is a Skin before or on Thursday draft night.

I think its interesting Keim doubling down that the Redskins more or less like but don't love Rosen to the degree that they will do whatever it takes to land him and there are multiple guys in the draft they like as much if not more.  If that's true wonder who that is, Lock?  I hope its not Daniel Jones.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001025945/article/redskins-not-pursuing-trade-for-cardinals-josh-rosen?campaign=tw-articleshare

"They have done a little bit of homework here, at least tried to figure out what the Cardinals' price would be," NFL Network's Mike Garafolo said on the Around the NFL podcast. "But they're not actively chasing him and I don't know that they have a hard offer on the table because I know for a fact that they're still going through the motions with the guys in the draft apparently.

"And they have made no firm decision about, 'Are we going to draft a guy or are we going to go the Josh Rosen route or try to trade for someone?' I just don't sense it. ... I don't really believe that it's a sizzling market for Josh Rosen."

All this back and forth with Rosen is just "doing the dance". 

There are multiple reasons:

1.  AZ wants a #1
  2.  No team is giving a #1
  3.  NFL loves intrigue the night of the draft, not before

I'm not a Rosen fan but you gotta feel for the guy who's been told "he's their guy" and likely has no idea what's going to happen.  Hence, AZ's blackout of his availability from the media.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As JP Finlay likes to say Bruce set an example with that RG3 trade as for giving up so many first rounders that has been scoffed at to the degree that we might not see a trade like that again for a long time by anyone.  In another words, no team has overpaid for a trade like that since in terms of giving up that many first rounders.  So trading up for Murray even from 15 is likely cheaper than what they did trading up from 6 in 2012.   Having said that even if the Redskins wanted to do it for Murray I do not think the Cards will trade that pick. 

I think its interesting Keim doubling down that the Redskins more or less like but don't love Rosen to the degree that they will do whatever it takes to land him and there are multiple guys in the draft they like as much if not more.  If that's true wonder who that is, Lock?  I hope its not Daniel Jones.

To me it's a crap shoot after Rosen.  I put Haskins, Jones and Lock in the same tier as far as rating them.  I might give Lock the edge.  I think it's Murray, Rosen then the rest, really. 

8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

All this back and forth with Rosen is just "doing the dance". 

There are multiple reasons:

1.  AZ wants a #1
  2.  No team is giving a #1
  3.  NFL loves intrigue the night of the draft, not before

I'm not a Rosen fan but you gotta feel for the guy who's been told "he's their guy" and likely has no idea what's going to happen.  Hence, AZ's blackout of his availability from the media.

I am a Rosen fan though, HigSkin.  :P  

I can't help but to think the fo learned there lesson from the rg3 trade.. but, but right up to when he went all giraffe like in the playoff game it was starting to look like it was worth it, the skins lost out big time.. hopefully the fo doesn't think well if we keep trying till we hit the jack pot we'll be champions again...I still think the skins get Rosen for this years second and a third next year..if not Rosen let gruden hand select his qb at 15 if they're there..if not qb then go bpa let keenum and Colt battle it out.

I love Kyler Murray, but there is no way we can pull another RG3 trade ... and it may take even more move that far up. I would trade for Rosen for a second-rounder in a heartbeat. If he's not your guy in 2 years then I would trade the house for Trevor Lawrence. The guy who interest me right now is Dwayne Haskins. If he falls the 15, can we really pass on him?

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

To me it's a crap shoot after Rosen.  I put Haskins, Jones and Lock in the same tier as far as rating them.  I might give Lock the edge.  I think it's Murray, Rosen then the rest, really.

Where are you getting this confidence with regards to Rosen? Haskins put up FAR superior numbers, and results, against better competition than Rosen ever did in college. So now one year removed from being the 4th qb taken overall and having a forgettable season and franchise reboot in the pros, he is now the 2nd best qb available? That doesnt compute.

Lets look at some college numbers:

(For quality of strength for each quarterback, these numbers below are from RANKED opponents only, and not including bowl games)

Will Grier

(stats from 2017 and 2018 seasons)

In 2 seasons Will Grier threw for under 300 yards only twice.

In the 8 games vs ranked opponents, he threw for 368 yds/gm, 3.1 tds, and 1 int/game

Dwayne Haskins

(stats from 2018 season)

in the 4 games vs ranked opponents, he threw for 321 yds/gm, 3 tds, and .25 int/gm

Josh Rosen

(stats from 2015-2017 seasons)

2016 season was shortened due to injury

in the 8 games vs ranked opponents, he threw for 262 yds/gm, 1.9 tds, and .75 int/gm

Drew Lock

(stats from 2016-2018 seasons)

Lock played the most difficult ranked teams over the course of his collegiate career

in the 8 games vs ranked opponents, he threw for 220 yds/gm, 1.6 tds, and 1.25 int/gm

Daniel Jones

(stats from 2016-2018)

in the 6 games vs ranked opponents, he threw for 180 yds/gm, .5 tds, and .33 int/gm

I know this doesnt tell the whole story, but these numbers show how these quarterbacks fared against high quality opponents. On average each of the 4 quarterbacks went up against about 8 ranked opponents in their collegiate careers. If Haskins stayed at Ohio next season, perhaps we would have better statistics for him. His sample size is small, but his numbers on the year and interception rate is very impressive. Of the 4 guys that we are presumably looking at, Will Grier had far more yards per game on average and the highest touchdown/game rate (3.1) against the best competition. That shouldnt be ignored. He plays up to the quality of the opponent. Conversely, both Lock and Rosen play down to the better competition. Daniel Jones is trash.

IMO, we should be targeting Haskins or Grier. One of those 2 will probably require moving up to acquire. The other should very will be available to us in the 2nd, and possibly even the 3rd.

Sheehan on his last podcast said he's not sure how they have Rosen ranked compared to the rookie QBs but he knows they aren't willing to trade a 1st pick for Rosen.   He'd also heard that Jay would rather not ride with a young QB this season.  

He's fairly confident that he knows how they rank the QBs in this draft.  From what he gathered its:

1. Kyler Murray

2. Drew Lock

3. Daniel Jones

4. And he thinks but isn't sure that Dwayne Haskins is 4th

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan on his last podcast said he's not sure how they have Rosen ranked compared to the rookie QBs but he knows they aren't willing to trade a 1st pick for Rosen.   He'd also heard that Jay would rather not ride with a young QB this season.  

He's fairly confident that he knows how they rank the QBs in this draft.  From what he gathered its:

1. Kyler Murray

2. Drew Lock

3. Daniel Jones

4. And he thinks but isn't sure that Dwayne Haskins is 4th

They'd have a great shot at Jones if they rank their QBs this way.  If they are looking to take a QB in the 1st than I would think Jones is their guy at #15.  I can only hope that Lock falls to #15 because I give him the edge over Jones and Haskins.

Archived