Renegade7

Starting QB 2019???

Who should be the starting QB in 2019???  

402 members have voted

  1. 1. Who should be the starting QB in 2019???

    • Alex Smith
      29
    • Colt McCoy
      66
    • Trade for a Veteran
      8
    • Sign a Veteran
      29
    • First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
      65
    • Non-First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
      37
    • Too Early to Answer
      63
    • I don't know yet
      22
    • We're screwed (at least at QB for 2019)
      83


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, RWJ said:

I think IF they select Murray, Rosen will be traded before Draft night (Thursday) is over with.

 

I dont know why they would do that. Drafting Murray implodes any value they could have gotten for Rosen. 

 

As far as Rosen goes. He was my number 2 QB in last years draft. Watch his footwork and arm strength on his college tape. If you can give him a little bit of protection he is deadly in the medium and long range. He also knows how to read a defense. Now. I am hearing rumors that Haskins may fall on draft day. I would actually prefer Haskins in Jay's system. His mid range accuracy is off the charts. And that is Jay's offense in a nutshell. Medium range timing routes. 

 

IF Dan and Bruce think they are going to move on from Gruden after this season I can see the benefit of getting Rosen. He would be an enticing piece for the next head coach to work with. I actually feel bad for Rosen. This year will be his FIFTH year in a row in a new offense. He has had absolutely no stability at all in College or the NFL so far. I am actually surprised he posted the numbers he did in college due to this fact in all honesty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Our 2nd and Keenum for Cardinals 3rd and Rosen

We will hthen have 1 and 3 3's in first 3 rounds. 

Thoughts?. 

 

HTTR 

 

I'd like it but I wouldn't do it if I were Arizona. If I am rebuilding like they are, I wouldn't want to deal Rosen where quantity wise not even add a pick in the top 3 rounds for doing so.  A 2nd is better than a third clearly but I think it would be tough for them to say that they made out in a trade like that.  Keenum was rumored to be released and the Redskins essentially got him for nothing.  So I think he sweetens the pot a little but not that much.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

My best take reading the tea leaves.

 

Patriots are out.  We got both Breer and King not referring to them and both guys are from that area if I recall.  And a Pats beat guy said he learned that they didn't think that highly of Rosen before the 2018 draft.

 

Giants are in if its a third rounder:  One reporter flat out said that.  2 Giant beat guys said they don't love Rosen but if they can get him for a third why not see what happens?

 

Chargers are in for their late 2nd round pick:  If I recall Klatt said they were the one team who offered a 2nd rounder.  I doubt they'd offer a first when they are in win now mode with a veteran QN.

 

Dolphins only in if is cheap:  The Dolphin beat reporters I follow have said they don't love Rosen.  One flat out said their interest is lukewarm.

 

 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/08/nfl-draft-quarterbacks-2020-tua-tagovailoa-demarcus-lawrence-josh-rosen?utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Breer "as for the teams that have shown even the slightest interest in Rosen, I’ve been told the Dolphins, Redskins, Giants and Chargers have checked in."

 

King:  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/08/nfl-non-mock-draft-first-round-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

4. Miami—Draft picks in the top 100: 13, 48, 78. The Dolphins quarterback plans are shrouded in secrecy; Brian Flores and offensive coordinator Chad O’Shea have learned well from Bill Belichick. But I’m told the only way the Dolphins go for any quarterback is if they’re convinced that he’s going to be the answer for the next 10 years. Hard to imagine feeling that after watching Rosen last year—admittedly under constant duress behind a bad offensive line in Arizona.

I’d eliminate New England; just don’t sense the interest there. I’d all but eliminate the Chargers; Philip Rivers seems primed to play at least two more years, and they just gave Tyrod Taylor $6 million guaranteed over the next two years.

Washington makes the most sense. We’ll see if the former NFC East partners can make this happen.

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

My best take reading the tea leaves.

 

Patriots are out.  We got both Breer and King not referring to them and both guys are from that area if I recall.  And a Pats beat guy said he learned that they didn't think that highly of Rosen before the 2018 draft.

 

Giants are in if its a third rounder:  One reporter flat out said that.  2 Giant beat guys said they don't love Rosen but if they can get him for a third why not see what happens?

 

Chargers are in for their late 2nd round pick:  If I recall Klatt said they were the one team who offered a 2nd rounder.  I doubt they'd offer a first when they are in win now mode with a veteran QN.

 

Dolphins only in if is cheap:  The Dolphin beat reporters I follow have said they don't love Rosen.  One flat out said their interest is lukewarm.

 

 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/08/nfl-draft-quarterbacks-2020-tua-tagovailoa-demarcus-lawrence-josh-rosen?utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Breer "as for the teams that have shown even the slightest interest in Rosen, I’ve been told the Dolphins, Redskins, Giants and Chargers have checked in."

 

King:  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/08/nfl-non-mock-draft-first-round-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

4. Miami—Draft picks in the top 100: 13, 48, 78. The Dolphins quarterback plans are shrouded in secrecy; Brian Flores and offensive coordinator Chad O’Shea have learned well from Bill Belichick. But I’m told the only way the Dolphins go for any quarterback is if they’re convinced that he’s going to be the answer for the next 10 years. Hard to imagine feeling that after watching Rosen last year—admittedly under constant duress behind a bad offensive line in Arizona.

I’d eliminate New England; just don’t sense the interest there. I’d all but eliminate the Chargers; Philip Rivers seems primed to play at least two more years, and they just gave Tyrod Taylor $6 million guaranteed over the next two years.

Washington makes the most sense. We’ll see if the former NFC East partners can make this happen.

 

 

 

Giants don't have a 3rd rounder due to the supplemental draft from last year.  If they want Rosen, they'd have to trade their #2.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

 

 

Giants don't have a 3rd rounder due to the supplemental draft from last year.  If they want Rosen, they'd have to trade their #2.

Redskins trade a 3rd rounder for Eli Manning, Giants trade the 3rd for Josh Rosen. Easy!  ouch

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

 

If he is so talented then why would the Cardinals abandon him?  Don't bother saying Rosen is tremendous but Murray or whoever is super tremendous so they just have to up to upgrade from tremendous to super tremendous because that just doesn't fly.  I've seen way too many busts to believe the Cardinals or any other competent franchise would drop a tremendous guy in the hope of getting a super tremendous guy in the draft.

 

Andy Reid must have made some bucks on the side explaining to the Cardinals how to super arouse Dan Snyder's erogenous zones as only Andy knows how.

 

The Cards FO are idiots. They also have a new 1st time HC who has a raging woodie for Murray and probably has lobbied nonstop for him...saying that he can take them to the promised land with him. The Cards FO (who, again, are idiots....well, at least Keim is) probably have swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. They also know that Murray will put butts in the seats which is, I'm sure, a huge concern for them. I don't really think this is a case of "this guy absolutely sucks so bad that we just have to get rid of him".

 

Any competent scout or NFL coach could look at the Cards last year and see what a total disaster that whole team was. Does Rosen have some red flags in his game? Yep. And anyone interested in him will have to watch plenty of film and decide if they think those are issues they can fix and if his good traits outweigh his bad at this point in his career. 

 

Now, the above being said, @Nermmade a good point about the Card's FO. Assuming Keim is inept does that mean he was inept for drafting Rosen as well, or for getting rid of him so quickly after being convinced about the newest shiny trinket being waved in front of him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Redskins trade a 3rd rounder for Eli Manning, Giants trade the 3rd for Josh Rosen. Easy!  ouch

 

 

ANtl.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Rosen will be a Skin soon. It’s pretty much a done deal. 

This is what I'm thinking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wellllll either way you break it down the way I see it this just might be an actual extension for gruden... Rosen does mediocre and we get this typical 7-8 wins you know for a fact gruden will be back, then it will be the following year we will win the Super Bowl... If we get rosen, bet your bottom dollar we use that 15 pick on an offensive weapon..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wellllll either way you break it down the way I see it this just might be an actual extension for gruden... Rosen does mediocre and we get this typical 7-8 wins you know for a fact gruden will be back, then it will be the following year we will win the Super Bowl... If we get rosen, bet your bottom dollar we use that 15 pick on an offensive weapon..

 

I dunno. I think Grudes is going to be on the hot season this season. Another losing campaign and he might find himself on the way out. Of course Allen will still be here. The turd that simply will never flush. Guy's like a goddamn ****roach. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that Rosen is participating. Certainly there’s no practice (mandatory OTA) as that doesn't begin until May, I believe. Yet, if I were truly interested in trading a player, I’d keep him away from any injury potential. If this is a cat-and-mouse ploy by the Cards, I’d tell them “no deal” and watch Rosen’s stock degrade.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched Rapoport a little while ago.  He loves to hint that the Cards might not trade him.  He pretty much said the Redskins are more likely to draft a QB than trade for Rosen.  But heck is Rapoport more plugged in than any random fan on twitter -- considering how much he gets wrong? 😀

 

The vibe I get listening to him is someone in Arizona is using him as a tool to convey that Rosen won't be traded.   Arguably, Arizona wants to wait until right before the draft before they declare their intentions.  They'd look like fools if Murray somehow gets hurt or something weird happens related to him and they already got rid of Rosen so are left with nothing.  The conservative approach is to ride it to close to the end.  I wouldn't in their shoes though ride it through the draft because you start losing leverage once you make your move and more importantly other teams make their own moves on QBs in the draft.  In their shoes, I'd probably wait until a day or so before the draft to pull the trigger.

 

In the meantime in case you keep Rosen, you have to play out the process like he will be there.   Plus you want to at least pretend its a tough decision to hopefully inflate Rosen's value or at least maintain it.  If they act like they are ready to get rid of him and or Murray is so clearly who they want -- they lose some leverage.

 

Having said that it seems like the Redskins are the team most likely to give the most for him.  Do they risk the Redskins falling for a different prospect the longer Arizona waits to pull the trigger?  Who knows but that's how I see it. 

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean the Cards are clearly drafting Murray, and Rosen isn't going to want to be bench fodder from here on in. He can't exactly do much else for now but show face and show willing. If similar trade offers arise, it probably suits him to stay amicable in all this. Might get a slight say in any potential move.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

 

It only says he's in the building.  Says nothing about him working out.  This is a total smoke screen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have any evidence for this and is really just me thinking out loud.

 

The league sees the draft as it's showpiece of the off-season, with the number one pick being the highlight. Now if the Cards traded away Rosen, then it becomes obvious that they are going to draft a QB with Murray being the most likely target.

 

This would take away some of the anticipation of the draft and when they do draft Murray it would be a bit of an anti-climax. So I think what I'm saying is, could a trade be agreed in principle but the league ask for it to be kept under wraps until after the first pick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most hilarious thing would be if the Cards traded Rosen before the draft and then Murray suddenly said "You know what, I changed my mind. I'm going to play baseball".   :ols:

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mistertim said:

 

I dunno. I think Grudes is going to be on the hot season this season. Another losing campaign and he might find himself on the way out. Of course Allen will still be here. The turd that simply will never flush. Guy's like a goddamn ****roach. 

Nah...even if the Skins only have a five-game winning season gruden will get a pass because of having a new quarterback...ya we need a miracle to happen to rid of bruuuuuuuce..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

   Plus you want to at least pretend its a tough decision to hopefully inflate Rosen's value or at least maintain it.  If they act like they are ready to get rid of him and or Murray is so clearly who they want -- they lose some leverage.

 

 

 

 

Good point. That could also explain why the Redskins have been so active in showing their interest in Grier. Pro day, team visit, dinner, seen holding hands at Timmys sleepover, etc. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cardinals trading Rosen to get Murray is a really bad move for the cards GM; this is all just a ploy to increase the value of both Rosen and the number 1 pick. 

 

It's a bad move even if Murray turns out to be good. 

 

 

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sportjunkie07 said:

The cardinals trading Rosen to get Murray is a really bad move for the cards GM; this is all just a ploy to increase the value of both Rosen and the number 1 pick. 

 

It's a bad move even if Murray turns out to be good. 

 

 

I agree, I can't think of anything worse for the Cards than for them to draft Murray and he ends up going to the Hall of Fame. It would just be a complete disaster.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.