Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting QB 2019???

Renegade7

Who should be the starting QB in 2019???  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the starting QB in 2019???

• Alex Smith
    • Colt McCoy
    • Trade for a Veteran
    • Sign a Veteran
    • First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Non-First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Too Early to Answer
    • I don't know yet
    • We're screwed (at least at QB for 2019)

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Thanks SIP. :)  That was the tweet.  I think the interest in Rosen is real and the Skins are focused in getting him.  I am starting to warm to the idea.  The talent is there Jay and O Connell will have to get him to mature and an OL that can protect him and we might have something good here on the very inexpensive for the next 3 years.  

I recall that you do (as do I) love the scuttlebutt draft stuff especially relating to this team.  Craig Hoffman was there for the combine, he's friendly with the team's scouts.    He was close to on the mark last year as for what he was hearing as to getting a general impression of what they were thinking.  He's about to go on air around 4 pm and tweeted that he's going to talk about what he learned at the combine.   Hoffman said yesterday morning before Pauline pounced on it later that he knows they like Rosen and there likely would be an interest if he's on the market. 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think to me it depends on what they give up.  

Purely based on speculation we got:  a first rounder and change.  And a mid rounder and a first rounder next year.  I'd do it for their 2nd pick this year in a sec.  As for their first -- maybe but I'd rather not.  For a first rounder and change -- I wouldn't like it.  

God help us if these morons start trading away future firsts.

Hoffman on Rosen.  His teammates love him.  his coaches like him.  Even though he can be prickly when he speaks publicly.   One personnel guy told him what talented player isn't an A-hole at times save Ryan Kerrigan.  He's the 2nd best QB if you link him to the QBs in this draft -- after Murray.   On that last point I couldn't tell if that's Hoffman's view or the teams but i am guessing its the team.

He said the Redskins are big time in for Rosen if he becomes available.  If they wanted a 2nd and 3rd, they'd say yes now.   If its next year's first maybe.  They don't want to give up their first this year.   He goes Rosen is absolutely on their radar.  They have a good relationship with Arizona -- Santos and Keim are close. 

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hoffman on Rosen.  His teammates love him.  his coaches like him.  Even though he can be prickly when he speaks publicly.   One personnel guy told him what talented player isn't an A-hole at times save Ryan Kerrigan.  He's the 2nd best QB if you link him to the QBs in this draft -- after Murray.   On that last point I couldn't tell if that's Hoffman's view or the teams but i am guessing its the team.

He said the Redskins are big time in for Rosen if he becomes available.  If they wanted a 2nd and 3rd, they'd say yes now.   If its next year's first maybe.  They don't want to give up their first this year.   He goes Rosen is absolutely on their radar.  They have a good relationship with Arizona -- Santos and Keim are close. 

Does anyone have a link to Hoffman's interview?

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Will be interesting if the Patriots get involved.  They have #32 plus extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd rds.   

7 minutes ago, drowland said:

Will be interesting if the Patriots get involved.  They have #32 plus extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd rds.   

We have the #15 though.  Rosen goes to the highest bidder naturally. :) 

Just now, RWJ said:

We have the #15 though.  Rosen goes to the highest bidder naturally. :) 

Agreed, but my response was to not wanting to give up a 1st this year.  If the Pats get involved it might take #15 if they're willing to to give up #32.  Which when you consider they have extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd, they could be willing to do it.  Sony Michel was the best 1st rd pick they've had since Chandler Jones in 2012.  They've done better outside of the 1st rd.  

I’d give up a 3rd and next year’s 1st. 

Then go edge WR LG in 1-2-3. Although I may be inclined to trade back from 15 a bit to recoup picks since the interior OL and WR sweet spot may be late 1 / early 2. EDGE sweet spot may be before we pick and my hope is that we can get a good rusher in FA since there are a lot of good ones out there. Landon Collins + Dante Fowler + loading up on defense after the 3rd would be 🙌

You know me and my feelings about Rosen!  I also hate that next year's first would even be in the conversation and even a known "maybe" by the Cards....sheesh...

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I was 3 last time we won the super bowl, so I've never really had the chance to know anything different then what you say you cant take anymore.  You're giving this front office too much credit if you think all they need is one year not even trying to all the sudden return to the glory days, they could still screw that up, another year lost, another chunk of the fan base gone.

I'm sorry you are hanging on by a thread, but I'm sick of this franchise taking my passion for granted.

I'm not sure you understand my post. My point wasn't I can't take it anymore, my point was, any short cuts will deliver the same merde we got in '99, in '04, in '10, and in '18. If anything is to go right, it will require a multiyear commitment to cleaning up what Bruce Allen, Dan Snyder, and Jay left behind. You can't fix this in one offseason, and w/the attempted idiotic short cut trade with Alex Smith last year, we sabotaged ourselves even worse than I thought at the time (and I ripped the living bleep out of that trade and signing), it is definitively a multiyear project. Complaining about how much last year sucked, and how you can't deal with another rebuild is absurd. There isn't anything to build upon right now, nothing. We are rock bottom. Most people who aren't from DC, regard the current redskins incarnation as the worst team situation in the NFL and the odds on favorite to land the 1.01 based on said situation. There is no short cut to the disaster that was created by this F.O. You have to sit and take it, or quit as a fan. Its the same situation with the Wiz. They need to blow up the team after firing a GM they should have fired after the botched '11 draft (he never should have survived in '09 and once it became clear he botched a blue chip pick in '11, he should've been s canned). Now the Wizards and Redskins and us as fans are dealing with the consequences of allowing an incompetent GM to sabotage the future by trying to save his own paycheck multiple times. It is in a sports sense, a capital offense for an owner to allow a failed GM who needs to be s canned to have any fingerprints whatsoever over trade deadline moves, drafts or FA signings. Every minute Allen is employed is a minute he will make moves to make this 25 years of misery last several fold more years.

It doesn't matter if you think they're taking you for granted. What matters is whether or not they're using good process that fundamentally puts the long term prospects of the franchise first, anything else is irrelevant, and only a blind fool would think anything Jay or Allen would call for at this point, would be in the long term interests of the fandom. Thats why I don't care about '19 alone, '19 is just one year in a quarter century of humiliation, if we suffer 2 or 3 more years, but the payoff is contention from 2021 or 2022 to the 2030's, why in the world would I give a blank about yet another bad season in '19. As I said, I've seen 25 of them, another would be nothing, my redskins fandom has long since evolved into a callous impervious at this point to failure, but not impervious to incompetence at the F.O. level that is clearly and emphatically fixable. 

Lol, that last point is so classic redskins. Of course Allen and Jay are fine with trading a 2020 first in a draft class already known to be 3-5x better than this one, they'll be fired at that point if '19 goes wrong so who cares about the '20 pick they wouldn't be able to use anyway, so obviously they absolutely must keep the inferior 2019 1st to save their own arses, but trade away the future to preserve said paychecks, no problem. This, Dan Snyder, is 1000% why you FIRE BOTH OF THEM!!!! You have a city heirloom in the Washington redskins, and every year you treat it as a urinal cake. How can you not understand that something as simple as that, underscores to the thousandth degree why both have to be fired yesterday. They are acting in the long term interests of job security, not the redskins. Get a freaking clue. 

12 hours ago, Bang said:

Please... next time you think OUR front office is a collection of fools, remember that it could be worse.

~Bang

Dont get ahead of yourself.  As we speak, Allen is probably scheming up ways to break the bank for Rosen.

41 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Lol, that last point is so classic redskins. Of course Allen and Jay are fine with trading a 2020 first in a draft class already known to be 3-5x better than this one, they'll be fired at that point if '19 goes wrong so who cares about the '20 pick they wouldn't be able to use anyway, so obviously they absolutely must keep the inferior 2019 1st to save their own arses, but trade away the future to preserve said paychecks, no problem. This, Dan Snyder, is 1000% why you FIRE BOTH OF THEM!!!! You have a city heirloom in the Washington redskins, and every year you treat it as a urinal cake. How can you not understand that something as simple as that, underscores to the thousandth degree why both have to be fired yesterday. They are acting in the long term interests of job security, not the redskins. Get a freaking clue. 

Agree.  I don't blame Jay or even Bruce for having a win now mentality -- 2020 be damned mindset -- considering most speculate they are on a one year win or else season.  So they got no choice.  That's on Dan.   I wasn't even thinking about that when I posted it but yeah it makes sense on a one year win or else season -- why care about 2020 draft capital? 

@The Consigliere nobody here needs a history lesson and the redskins have already made clear they won't intentionally bottom out to get the draft picks that you seek.  I'm not scared of a rebuild that's never going to happen.  I've said my piece on my fear my kids won't want to be redskins fans at the rate we are going, total disrespect for the fan base has a lot to do with that. So you are entitled to your feelings on this but I'm not where you are at with this team.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dolphins reporter

So be it, trade for AB and get those butts back in the seats.

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

You know me and my feelings about Rosen!  I also hate that next year's first would even be in the conversation and even a known "maybe" by the Cards....sheesh...

I guess I might have the oddest position on the board on Rosen.   I don't hate the idea.  I don't love the idea.  Seems like others either like it or don't like and there is little in between. 

It's not my preferred action at QB.  But the problem is I can easily think of worse -- I am not a Bridgewater guy or a D. Jones guy -- both players some beat guys have speculated they might be interested in.  i am not a Tannehill guy either or Keenum.  I'd take Rosen easily over those options. 

If it were me, I'd just ride with Colt.  Build this team up in the draft without trading away a single pick and then go get a Qb perhaps in 2020.  But it doesn't look like that's what they are thinking.  So as usual, I have to try to think with the prism of their mindset which sounds like it is a win now mode.  And from that stand point, I'd rather have a young QB they can try to build with than a veteran if they are going to do something aggressive.

Last year I wanted them to do exactly what am proposing now.  I didn't want to trade for a veteran.  I wanted them to build through the draft and if they had a chance to get a young QB go get one, if not keep building a team until a good young QB falls even if it took 2-3 drafts.  They didn't do that.   So if I am working within their possible mindset and they are going to go get a QB no matter what and its going to cost draft capital -- then I'd rather it be for a young dude versus some veteran like they did last year.

And as for Rosen, I do like him.  i don't love him.  And I explained in different posts why I like him.   To me it all depends on what they give up.  If its a 2nd rounder or something like that than it becomes a no brainer to me because then we are comparing him to the 2nd tier QBs in this draft who will likely be drafted in the 2nd-3rd round range like Grier and Stidham.  And Rosen to me is slam dunk better than them.  Most draft geeks think Rosen would be the 2nd best QB within this current 2019 crop.  I am not sure I agree. But i do agree he's easily better than the next tier.  And if people want to say he's better than any QB in this draft aside from Murray -- i am skeptical on that front but open minded.  

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We sure do love players named Josh.

😁  Good catch!  I didn't think of that.  This is going down.  It's an easy name perhaps for Bruce to pronounce?   Tough to screw that one up. 

As for the tweet below doubt any trade idea was serious.  Why trade for that salary?  And for a mediocre-injury prone QB?  Dolphins will likely have to release him.  But one of the beat guy, forgot whom but I think I posted here said they know some in the FO like Tannehill

😁  Good catch!  I didn't think of that.  This is going down.  It's an easy name perhaps for Bruce to pronounce?   Tough to screw that one up. 

As for the tweet below doubt any trade idea was serious.  Why trade for that salary?  And for a mediocre-injury prone QB?  Dolphins will likely have to release him.  But one of the beat guy, forgot whom but I think I posted here said they know some in the FO like Tannehill

Related imageRelated imageImage result for no gifImage result for no gif

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I wouldn't me upset about getting Rosen, as long as it does not cost us a 1st.

I'd even be very hesitant, or against, parting with a 2nd.

Then again, I guess it could be a player in exhange.

What has Rosen done that one can say he has the WOW factor? I don't follow the Cardinals so please enlighten me. I mean is he really better than his stats from last year?

Year
Team
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

Archived