Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

90s music

ThePackisback

The thread really dies out when the music snobs snow up and tell everyone that the stuff that they like is “technically unsound”, huh?

Somehow Freddy Mercury is the epitome of great artists and anything that isn’t in a recent biopic sucks.  Nirvana is better than Queen, jerks.

47 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The thread really dies out when the music snobs snow up and tell everyone that the stuff that they like is “technically unsound”, huh?

Somehow Freddy Mercury is the epitome of great artists and anything that isn’t in a recent biopic sucks.  Nirvana is better than Queen, jerks.

Look, all I'm saying is that if a big fat retarded monkey walked into a studio, smoked a ton of acid and then took a dump on a microphone it would produce a better sound than anything that qualifies as "90s music" which is actually an oxymoron.

17 minutes ago, clietas said:

So essentially GG Allin? 

Never heard of him. Let me wiki this cat real quick...

"Allin was born Jesus Christ Allin"

Hmm... Interesting start. I'm not sure I like where this is going.

"Allin idolized country music legend Hank Williams" 

Oh, that's nice.

"Allin first defecated onstage in 1985 at a show in Peoria, Illinois."

Ooookay. We're done here.

2 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

People: do yourselves a favor, and don't google GG Allin. Or do, ... up to you.

Where were you 5 minutes ago?

I was friends with the weirdos who ran the college radio station. Kid Rock was an ongoing joke for years. Every year, he would release a new CD that was completely derivative of whatever was hot in music six months prior. I never even heard one of his songs, and I knew about this loser from Detroit with a flat top.

And then, all of a sudden, he was huge. It was horrifying.

Also, you people are all awful. Just awful.

I saw Oasis live in 1997. I'm fairly certain that if Liam Gallagher would have ordered us to burn down the courthouse, I would have done it.

Then they got mad, because someone had an anti-Manchester United sign and they stormed off the stage before "All Around the World."

Best.Concert.Ever.

Also, all day music festivals are kind of awful. You spend the first six hours dehydrated out of your mind listening to bands you've barely heard of. You spend the last six hours vomiting in a port-a-pottie while the headliners play.

I actually preferred working Lollapalooza rather than going to it. I was a t-shirt vendor for two summers, making commission. Lollapalooza was an endurance contest, but I could make $400 in 12 hours. That bought a lot of Rolling Rock.

48 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Also, all day music festivals are kind of awful. You spend the first six hours dehydrated out of your mind listening to bands you've barely heard of. You spend the last six hours vomiting in a port-a-pottie while the headliners play.

You’re either an amateur or a lightweight. 

The thing I don't like about festivals is the length of the sets. If there's a band I want to see, why would I want a show that shorter than an hour. Get rid of the crappy bands and let the main acts play longer. I prefer other shows to see full sets. That's just the music snob part of me. 

6 hours ago, gbear said:

Tori Amos and U2 were some of my favorites in the 90's. For funny music, I will still vote for Aqua's Barbie Girl as a song whose humor stands the test of time as one of my top 5 funny songs of all time.

No wait how bout the Humpty Dance by Digital Underground or Baby Got Back by Sir Mix a lot? Barbie Girl is a great tune too though.

First post reminded me of some of the other one hit wonders. Fastball "The Way" and Semisonic "Closing Time." My favorite headline from my college's Onion-style newspaper was something like "Entire Semisonic Album Played." 

And OK it was 2000 but since Limp Bizkit has come up it needs to be said that "Break Stuff" remains the pinnacle of musical achievement. 

Archived