Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

8 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

This front seven minus mason is just ridiculous.We are building something special up front.Poor Jones, Dak and Carson we are going to kill them.We finally have an identity with these guys.They are just going to beat the crap out of people.I love it.

Got serious doubts about this team at QB, WR and O line.  but love the D line.  I wanted a pass rusher in the worst way and loved Sweat.  Hopefully the stories about him not being the easiest dude to deal with is hyperbole or they work around that. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I wanted a pass rusher in the worst way and loved Sweat.  Hopefully the stories about him not being the easiest dude to deal with is hyperbole or they work around that. 

This is where having a head coach like Jay is a blessing. He's a players coach that is down to earth, easy to talk to, and talks straight with everyone. To the people that think Jay is on the hotseat... This guy is a month away from signing an extension. He is on cloud nine to how this draft has turned out.

6 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I'm agnostic about Haskins, but he was super productive, is accurate, and has a cannon. Also super smart and a high character guy. I agree with the comp of Jameis Winston if Jameis wasn't a sociopath. Haskins is great value at 15. And, if he was a cleaner prospect, he wouldn't be available at 15.  

I like but don't love Sweat as well. But, I still think he would have been fair value anywhere from pick 12-15. He certainly doesn't play to his 40 time, but he has athletic tools and was productive. 

I love the idea of CB. There is a ton of value left on the board. Maybe it's smart to let the draft come to us, but I wouldn't mind packaging those 2 3rd rounders to come back up for Byron Murphy, Greedy Williams, AJ Brown, or the top remaining interior OL or OT. That would be  aton of talent added in one draft.  

He's got Andrew Luck in him too, but he can't run like Luck.  He was a no-brainer top five talent, but QBs have been falling the past two years.

Sweat has flaws, but some of them can be worked on.  He shares some of the same weaknesses as Clelin.  Lack of a rush plan, lack of a diversity of rushes, etc.  I think there is quite a bit he can learn in order to maximize his ability.  And I think he can get much stronger, his frame is massive.  What can't be learned are the 100th percentile speed and length.  And he was very productive the past two years, despite his rawness as a pass rusher.

I'm not against your plan to trade back up for a corner like Greedy or Murphy, or a WR like Harry or Butler.  But if I were in charge, I think I'd let the draft come to me.  I think there is a chance we could end up with a third round of like Deebo and David Montgomery.

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

This is where having a head coach like Jay is a blessing. He's a players coach that is down to earth, easy to talk to, and talks straight with everyone. To the people that think Jay is on the hotseat... This guy is a month away from signing an extension. He is on cloud nine to how this draft has turned out.

I like Jay and while I don't doubt Jay is excited about Sweat, I seriously doubt the Haskins part.   

Just now, SamoaSkinz said:

Don't know much about the day 2-3 prospects but anyone know DE LJ Collier? Is he a speed rusher or run stuffer type guy. 

Not a lot of speed, more of a power rusher. 

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Got serious doubts about this team at QB, WR and O line.  but love the D line.  I wanted a pass rusher in the worst way and loved Sweat.  Hopefully the stories about him not being the easiest dude to deal with is hyperbole or they work around that. 

Fun loving guys like Orakpo can be good football players, but combine some mean spirit with a bunch of talent? That makes a great football player. 

The prognostications are over, whether this guy or that guy thinks he's gonna bust is irrelevant.  Also who made the pick inside our building, who's guy is who's guy: Dan, Bruce and Doug vs. Jay, Scouts, and Smith is also irrelevant at this point.  Dwayne Haskins is our QB.  If you think he sucks then great, that's also irrelevant.  Let's support this guy 100%. He's young, big, smart, and accurate. HTTR!!

Loooongtime lurker living out of the DMV for years.  Happiest I have been in a long time  with the draft. Nice to see a FO handle the cards that were dealt with panache . Much respect to the decision making however it panned out. Could be early but perhaps we have turned the corner. Shout out to all those that have kept me informed over the years 

3 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Drew Lock was not a 1st round pick.........whiffff.......😥 gotta love the experts.

and yet Daniel Jones is.  Strange draft.  I didn't love Lock, but as a QB with starter upside, I feel he should have been a first round pick.  His market dried up.

10 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

The prognostications are over, whether this guy or that guy thinks he's gonna bust is irrelevant.  Also who made the pick inside our building, who's guy is who's guy: Dan, Bruce and Doug vs. Jay, Scouts, and Smith is also irrelevant at this point.  Dwayne Haskins is our QB.  If you think he sucks then great, that's also irrelevant.  Let's support this guy 100%. He's young, big, smart, and accurate. HTTR!!

Meh....15th was a bad pick.

My concern with Sweat is rawness and having too many games where he just wasn't very impactful.  He has the tools to win, but does he have the instincts to finish?  Does he have the competitive character to battle and dominate a high end opponent during a meaningful game?  The physical upside is so high, but the film is a little meh.  You have to look past that to see his potential.  It's going to take a lot of work and molding, but he truly could be the next Danielle Hunter.

Love our DL's potential.  I think all we need now is to cultivate depth on the unit in order for it to be one of the better groups in the league.  I think we're one really good corner away from being a very strong defense.

22 minutes ago, wolfsire said:

Fun loving guys like Orakpo can be good football players, but combine some mean spirit with a bunch of talent? That makes a great football player. 

they didn't say he's mean spirited but hinted that he was sensitive and coaches can't criticize him. 

But am not dwelling on that.  Love the player, love the move. 

2 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

So will Montez work with Tomsula or Rob Ryan? @stevemcqueen1 what do you think?

Chad Grimm

2017-Grimm-Chad-Headshot

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

they didn't say he's mean spirited but hinted that he was sensitive and coaches can't criticize him. 

But am not dwelling on that.  Love the player, love the move. 

Chad Grimm

2017-Grimm-Chad-Headshot

I know he has a mean streak. Lol

@Skinsinparadise Ah missed his name on the list. Nice, thank you.  I'd have to imagine you get him some time with Tomsula as well no? Figure he will play with his hand in the ground a lot depending on the alignment. Heard he is really isn't the type you would love out in coverage. His best attributes are rushing the passer and  is stout vs. the run, also that he hustles hard.

Archived