Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

6 hours ago, skins2victory said:

Don’t give a 2nd for Rosen! Don’t fall for it! If the Cards want Murray they will have to move from Rosen. They have no leverage here. Either a 3rd or Reed plus a 6th. 

I want Hockenson in the first!

Why would they HAVE to move on from Rosen. He isnt making any money for the next 3 years?

6 hours ago, skins2victory said:

Don’t give a 2nd for Rosen! Don’t fall for it! If the Cards want Murray they will have to move from Rosen. They have no leverage here. Either a 3rd or Reed plus a 6th. 

I want Hockenson in the first!

All true if the Redskins were the only team bidding but that doesn't sound like its the case

17 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

If Charlie is right Murray will fall in the draft unless Arizona takes him at number one:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2823673-charley-casserly-combine-feedback-on-kyler-murray-worst-hes-ever-gotten

Finlay doubled down this evening on 106.7, he thinks they either want to trade up for Murray if that's in play or trade for Rosen.  So their future at QB depends on the Cards one way or the other in all likelihood according to him. 

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

All true if the Redskins were the only team bidding but that doesn't sound like its the case

Finlay doubled down this evening on 106.7, he thinks they either want to trade up for Murray if that's in play or trade for Rosen.  So their future at QB depends on the Cards one way or the other in all likelihood according to him. 

I think we see Rosen to the Redskins soon.  Your thought, SIP?

55 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think we see Rosen to the Redskins soon.  Your thought, SIP?

I'd bet yes.  My take on it is similar to Finlay on it -- whether I like it or not would depend on compensation.  If it ends up what's being rumored -- 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder.  I'd like it.  If its a first rounder, I won't like it.  

I don't like him as much as Murray, Haskins, Lock.  And I don't think he's worth a first.  But if he's in the mix of the next tier -- D. Jones, Finley, Grier, Stidham -- he'd be my guy in that mix.   My fear about him is those Eli-Rex Grossman style turnovers.   I just watched his game against Seattle just now where he looked brutal in spots.  That's the 6th game I've watched of him now -- both college and NFL combined.  And the dude is talented and explained why on the QB thread but he's also IMO a turnover waiting to happen.   INTs, fumbles, sacks.   He definitiely has some Rex let it fly in him where he throws it out there regardless if the guy is open -- especially when under pressure. 

If Jay can coach up his decision making -- he has the talent IMO to become a franchise QB.   If they can't fix that, I think he can easily be a bust.  I think though all the 2nd tier guys have high bust potential.  And that's my main point on this. 

So purely as to getting Rosen i am not excited about landing him in a pure sense.   It's not my #1 desire at QB.  It's all about context for me.  So for me if the idea is Rosen is the substitute for us taking one of the next tier QBs -- then I am jazzed under that context because I think he has more upside than all of those guys IMO.   The more I think about it, I'd trade up for Lock, if all it takes is a 3rd rounder to get him versus taking Rosen with a 2nd rounder.  I am presuming Murray-Haskins are out of reach.   And its not that I think Lock can't be a bust but I like his tools and potential more than Rosen.  My concern about Lock is consistency and subpar performance against the better college teams.   But love his attitude, athleticism, ability to throw on the move and rocket arm.  

So lets say if we hear the Giants got Rosen, I'd actually be excited about that, too. My wife is a Giants fan and I just told her that.   I can't ever recall a situation where I'd be equally happy if a division rival got him as i am if we did.  The reason being is it would take the Giants out of the QB derby in the first round and they are the key team to me to get out of the way to land someone.    My fear is Bruce-Dan get overly excited about outbidding the Giants for Rosen and in turn overpay for him.  if they overpay for Rosen, I'd hate the deal.  To me its all about what they give up.

If we get Rosen my main excitement assuming the compensation isn't heavy is that we can use our higher picks on other players i like.  As for purely the Rosen part of it -- I'd be intrigued if Jay can fix him. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd bet yes.  My take on it is similar to Finlay on it -- whether I like it or not would depend on compensation.  If it ends up what's being rumored -- 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder.  I'd like it.  If its a first rounder, I won't like it.  

I don't like him as much as Murray, Haskins, Lock.  And I don't think he's worth a first.  But if he's in the mix of the next tier -- D. Jones, Finley, Grier, Stidham -- he'd be my guy in that mix.   My fear about him is those Eli-Rex Grossman style turnovers.   I just watched his game against Seattle just now.  That's the 6th game I've watched of him now -- both college and NFL combined.  And the dude is talented and explained why on the QB thread but he's also IMO a turnover waiting to happen.   INTs, fumbles, sacks.   He definitiely has some Rex let it fly in him where he throws it out there regardless if the guy is open -- especially when under pressure. 

If Jay can coach up his decision making -- he has the talent IMO to become a franchise QB.   If they can't fix that, I think he can easily be a bust.  I think though all the 2nd tier guys have high bust potential.  And that's my main point on this. 

So purely as to getting Rosen i am not excited about landing him.  It's not my #1 desire at QB.  But if the idea is Rosen is the substitute for us taking one of the next tier QBs -- then I am jazzed under that context because I think he is more upside then all of those guys IMO.   The more I think about it, I'd trade up for Lock, if all it takes is a 3rd rounder to get him versus taking Rosen with a 2nd rounder.  I am presuming Murray-Haskins are out of reach.   And its not that I think Lock can't be a bust but I like his tools and potential more than Rosen.  My concern about Lock is consistency and subpar performance against the better college teams.   But love his attitude, athleticism, ability to throw on the move and rocket arm.  

So lets say if we hear the Giants got Rosen, I'd actually be excited about that, too. My wife is a Giants fan and I just told her that.   I can't ever recall a situation where I'd be equally happy if a division rival got him as i am if we did.  The reason being is it would take the Giants out of the QB derby in the first round and they are the key team to me to get out of the way to land someone.    My fear is Bruce-Dan get overly excited about outbidding the Giants for Rosen and in turn overpay for him.  if they overpay for Rosen, I'd hate the deal.  To me its all about what they give up.

Rosen on the cheap even if for our 1st round pick allows us to see what he can do and if we plummet we can take possibly Lawrence in 2021 or other options at QB.  Overall, I think he's worth the risk whether it be a 2nd round (outstanding) or a 1st round (worth it and justifiable). 

No way should the 1st be on the table for Rosen. Cards have no leverage here, and giving up the 15 or even a future 1st when we clearly have multiple holes would be foolish. Even a 2nd would be a hard sell. That second should be used on the best interior lineman available. 

We have two 3rds to play with here, and if one of them isn’t good enough you stay put, draft Grier, or fill the other holes and load up with assets to attempt a move at the better qb class next year. I’m not sure Jay  could survive another down year, so I presume the latter isn’t an option. 

My problem with Rosen is that he has the skills, but seems to lack the heart/character needed to succeed as the leader of the team. That was the knock on him in college, and the fact that Arizona is so quick to bail doesn’t help that fact. 

28 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Rosen on the cheap even if for our 1st round pick allows us to see what he can do and if we plummet we can take possibly Lawrence in 2021 or other options at QB.  Overall, I think he's worth the risk whether it be a 2nd round (outstanding) or a 1st round (worth it and justifiable). 

I am no QB guru of course.  So its my amateur take and its just my 2 cents.   Its amazing what anyone can see if they just patiently sit and watch games.  Often I don't have the patience to do so but when I do it, I feel good about my assessments albeit I could end up being wrong still.  But I feel more confident in my opinion in those cases than i would otherwise.  When I watched Rosen and wrote up what I saw on that QB thread -- it felt great later when Cooley echoed a lot of what i said considering he's a real expert and i am not even close to being one.    But somethings are just obvious when you watch a player enough -- their tendencies, etc.   

Actually Cooley is much tougher on Rosen than me.  Cooley doesn't think he's worth a 2nd rounder.  He'd happily give up a third.  He says Rosen is a project.  Now, Cooley can be wrong.  But my opinion mirrors his a lot about players.  He threw me off last week when he pushed Daniel Jones but has since backed off after watching him more and puts him in the next tier of QBs along with Ryan Finley.

As for Rosen, the dude to me right now IMO isn't worth a first rounder because watching him, I'd say I wouldn't be shocked at all if he is a bust if he can't turnaround his turnover issues.    His decision making IMO is atrocious at times.  He had 10 fumbles last year even though he didn't even start the season.  He threw a lot of INTs but if you go through games it could have been even worse.  He will throw into double coverage without hesitation a lot.  He just lets it fly -- comparing that tendency to Rex Grossman to me is not a hyperbole.  I can't recall a QB we've had that is that bold with his throws -- for better or worse since Rex.   He was like that in college too from what I saw but was able to get away with it more -- throwing into double coverage, etc. 

So why do I like him for a 2nd-3rd rounder?  IMO all those guys in that range are projects.  And to me Rosen is a project with more potential than the other guys in that tier.  His footwork in the pocket is ballerina level good.  He has a quick release.  He's very accurate in the intermediate range.  He has a good arm IMO.    His throwing motion-mechanics look super smooth and consistent.    I sort of see him as more talented but similar to Kirk in 2014 in one sense -- Kirk then was a turnover waiting to happen.  Jay ultimately helped fixed that.   Kirk though reputation wise was/is a workaholic who worked at it nonstop including hiring an additional QB coach for extra work.  Will Josh do the same?  I don't know. 

But if they can improve his decision making then I think we got something.  If not, it could be like a Gabbert situation.   I don't think its much of a risk if you take him outside the first.  But if you do it in the first its risky IMO and a squandered opportunity to likely get a top talent at another position. 

23 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

No way should the 1st be on the table for Rosen. Cards have no leverage here

How do they have no leverage if there ends up being multiple bidders as most who are covering this story say exist.   Trade value is primarily about competition for said asset.  So if one team bids more that team ends up with the prize.  I agree with you not to trade a first.  But the Redskins don't have the Cards by the balls on this from what i am reading as if they are the only bidder and their only option here. 

Its like going on Ebay, its not about how desperate the seller is -- its about how desperate the buyers are -- if multiple buyers exist.  And it sounds like indeed multiple buyers do exist.

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Even if Rosen could be coached up, and fixed his inner gun slinger, the fact the Larry Fitzgerald gave public advice to AB about the complications of playing without a top tier QB 1 year into his career speaks volumes  about his ability to lead. 

From what am reading (and not just the article below) he was liked in Arizona.  My concerns aren't that, its the turnovers.  But I'll let you have the last word on this thread on this.  this isn't the Rosen thread.  It supposed to be about the draft.  We've been all over Rosen as a topic on the QB thread. 

Josh Rosen a favorite among teammates, who say 'he's not weird'

TEMPE, Ariz. -- A few minutes after Phil Dawson missed a potential game-winning field goal against the Seattle Seahawks in Week 4, Arizona Cardinalsquarterback Josh Rosen found Dawson and did his best to console the second-oldest player in the league.

"He had some very encouraging words," Dawson said.

While the words were a nice gesture from Rosen, Dawson was more impressed that Rosen, a 21-year-old rookie, had the wherewithal to go out of his way to talk to the 43-year-old kicker.

In 20 seasons, Dawson doesn't remember another quarterback doing anything like that in a similar situation.

"That's pretty significant," Dawson said. "But especially when you consider that it's a rookie quarterback making his first start with obviously a lot of issues on his plate, and for him to take time while processing his first game and a tough loss and all that kind of stuff, to go out of his way to encourage a teammate, especially one in my shoes, I think that speaks a lot for his leadership and just the character of the guy."

That's just who Rosen is. The Cardinals knew what they were getting from Rosen, the quarterback. Throughout the past five months, since he was drafted by Arizona 10th overall, Rosen has shown the Cardinals what kind of person they got.

It hasn't been the brash, outspoken, opinionated player who made a name for himself because of all those traits in college.

"He's a delightful person to be around," wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said. "Anybody that spends any time with him, he's got a vast array of interests, and he's a very, very interesting person. I've enjoyed my time getting to know him."

Fitzgerald isn't the only one. Rosen has endeared himself to his teammates because of who he is.

"He's himself," tight end Jermaine Gresham said.

"He's a good guy to be around," said right guard Justin Pugh, who added that Rosen likes to joke with his teammates.

How does that play in the locker room?

"Very well," Gresham said. "He's very confident in himself. And he doesn't have to be anything but himself. He's been himself the whole time he's been here. He's been himself the whole time in life, so it shouldn't be too hard.

"I think the transition for him is going to be fairly easy."

Wide receiver Chad Williams feels like he has known Rosen for much longer than the five months since they became teammates.

"I feel like I've known him half my life, almost," Williams said. "He's like a brother. Just because of how easy he is and the bond we made when we got on the team. When I talk to him, it's not awkward. He's real good as a teammate."

Establishing that quick -- and that strong -- of a relationship with a teammate hasn't happened often for the second-year Williams. Williams couldn't figure out exactly why the two have such a connection.

"I don't know," he said. "Just probably how down to earth he is. He's a cool guy. He'll sit down and talk to you. He's not weird."

It isn't just new teammates who are still getting to know him who already like Rosen. Wide receiver Christian Kirk, who has known Rosen since both were in high school, called Rosen "different."

"He's one of a kind," Kirk said.

Then Kirk added: "Josh is just unique in the way he carries himself, confidence-wise and just his approach."

Kirk, who is used to Rosen after years of friendship, said his new teammates "love" Rosen's uniqueness. They also appreciate how Rosen has been figuring out his role slowly.

"He's still learning his way," Pugh said. "He's young. He doesn't know how everything works just yet, but he's figuring it out."

As he has done so, Rosen has developed into a natural leader.

Fitzgerald said Rosen took a leadership role "a long time ago," before he was named a starter in Week 4.

"This is his team," Fitzgerald said. "He'll be the guy here for the next 10-plus years, God willing. I love the way he's kind of taken the reins, is vocal, lets people know exactly what he wants. He wants the best out of everybody."

Rosen doesn't just talk the talk of a leader. He walks it, too.

http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-cardinals/post/_/id/30766/josh-rosen-a-favorite-among-teammates-who-say-hes-not-weird

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

How do they have no leverage if there ends up being multiple bidders as most who are covering this story say exist.   Trade value is primarily about competition for said asset.  So if one team bids more that team ends up with the prize.  I agree with you not to trade a first.  But the Redskins don't have the Cards by the balls on this from what i am reading as if they are the only bidder and their only option here. 

The cards face the prospect of holding a top 10 pick who would lose value by the day if he weren’t traded before the draft is over. The teams that are in need of a future qb have higher picks in this draft and the ability to land kyler, Haskins, and lock. Leaving only the skins and dolphins to bid against. 

Imo, other teams would trade for him, but not with huge risk involved. ( nothing higher than a 3rd) 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The more I think about it, I'd trade up for Lock, if all it takes is a 3rd rounder to get him versus taking Rosen with a 2nd rounder.  I am presuming Murray-Haskins are out of reach.   And its not that I think Lock can't be a bust but I like his tools and potential more than Rosen.

The issue with trading up for Lock would be that you lose your 1st rd pick (ie Hockenson) plus your 3rd pick   Whereas getting Rosen only cost a 2nd (or 3rd depending on source) So would our team be better with Rosen and Hock or just Lock?? If people that know (not me) think Rosen is as good or better than Lock, I'd really love the luxury of being able to grab some more 1st rd talent.  Now that the thought of being able to add a QB with the cost of neither a high pick nor lots of $$, I'm digging the unique situation Rosen might present.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am no QB guru of course.  So its my amateur take and its just my 2 cents.   Its amazing what anyone can see if they just patiently sit and watch games.  Often I don't have the patience to do so but when I do it, I feel good about my assessments albeit I could end up being wrong still.  But I feel more confident in my opinion in those cases than i would otherwise.  When I watched Rosen and wrote up what I saw on that QB thread -- it felt great later when Cooley echoed a lot of what i said considering he's a real expert and i am not even close to being one.    But somethings are just obvious when you watch a player enough -- their tendencies, etc.   

Actually Cooley is much tougher on Rosen than me.  Cooley doesn't think he's worth a 2nd rounder.  He'd happily give up a third.  He says Rosen is a project.  Now, Cooley can be wrong.  But my opinion mirrors his a lot about players.  He threw me off last week when he pushed Daniel Jones but has since backed off after watching him more and puts him in the next tier of QBs along with Ryan Finley.

As for Rosen, the dude to me right now IMO isn't worth a first rounder because watching him, I'd say I wouldn't be shocked at all if he is a bust if he can't turnaround his turnover issues.    His decision making IMO is atrocious at times.  He had 10 fumbles last year even though he didn't even start the season.  He threw a lot of INTs but if you go through games it could have been even worse.  He will throw into double coverage without hesitation a lot.  He just lets it fly -- comparing that tendency to Rex Grossman to me is not a hyperbole.  I can't recall a QB we've had that is that bold with his throws -- for better or worse since Rex.   He was like that in college too from what I saw but was able to get away with it more -- throwing into double coverage, etc. 

So why do I like him for a 2nd-3rd rounder?  IMO all those guys in that range are projects.  And to me Rosen is a project with more potential than the other guys in that tier.  His footwork in the pocket is ballerina level good.  He has a quick release.  He's very accurate in the intermediate range.  He has a good arm IMO.    His throwing motion-mechanics look super smooth and consistent.    I sort of see him as more talented but similar to Kirk in 2014 in one sense -- Kirk then was a turnover waiting to happen.  Jay ultimately helped fixed that.   Kirk though reputation wise was/is a workaholic who worked at it nonstop including hiring an additional QB coach for extra work.  Will Josh do the same?  I don't know. 

But if they can improve his decision making then I think we got something.  If not, it could be like a Gabbert situation.   I don't think its much of a risk if you take him outside the first.  But if you do it in the first its risky IMO and a squandered opportunity to likely get a top talent at another position. 

I respect your opinions very much, SIP. I think Rosen can and will be a good QB in the NFL.  I think he fits Gruden's O to the T.  I still love Murray don't get me wrong and would want him over all others but we almost know w/o a shadow of doubt he's going to the Cards at #1.  To me, I like Rosen and think the chip on his should will be more like a boulder on his shoulder to prove all the pundits wrong about him.  Since Murray is out of the picture, I think (Cards) I like Rosen as our next option.  Just my 2 cents, my friend. :)

After watching the QBs at the combine(albeit short time), to me Lock and Greer have the swagger of Baker and were not nervous under the scope.   If Greer isnt a franchise guy i would still take him in the 3rd or 4th ( or as late as possible) as he could be at worst a killer backup for years. 

15 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

After watching the QBs at the combine(albeit short time), to me Lock and Greer have the swagger of Baker and were not nervous under the scope.   If Greer isnt a franchise guy i would still take him in the 3rd or 4th ( or as late as possible) as he could be at worst a killer backup for years. 

I'm totally on board with this. SIP calls it "moxie" and I call it the "it" factor. Grier in the 3rd (I'd even take him in the 2nd, as I think other teams also see his value) would be a great add. After Murray and Lock, he's my #3

Lets hear from Coach Kingsbury himself from today...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/05/kliff-kingsbury-insists-cardinals-havent-decided-on-top-pick/

Both Murray and Bosa are co-favorites at the betting establishments to be the first pick, same odds. Vegas is pretty good at what they do. The fact it is co-favorites and not overwhelmingly Murray may be a clue? Gotta love draft season..

Maybe this all clears up once Murray has his pro day, maybe not.

9 hours ago, bowhunter said:

The issue with trading up for Lock would be that you lose your 1st rd pick (ie Hockenson) plus your 3rd pick   Whereas getting Rosen only cost a 2nd (or 3rd depending on source) So would our team be better with Rosen and Hock or just Lock?? If people that know (not me) think Rosen is as good or better than Lock, I'd really love the luxury of being able to grab some more 1st rd talent.  Now that the thought of being able to add a QB with the cost of neither a high pick nor lots of $$, I'm digging the unique situation Rosen might present.

You hit the right button with me with Hockenson, that's my guy.  I am ok as I've said plenty on the QB thread with Rosen especially if its a third.  I think both Lock and Rosen have some great tools but also some obvious bust factor to them.  I am not swearing by either one.  But I like Lock's tools better so if I had to pick one thing, I'd go to get Lock over Rosen, that's all.  Reading about Rosen in Arizona, I am not as concerned as some about his personality albeit I recognize his red flags there.  I love Lock's personality.  Lock to me is more mobile, has a stronger arm, throws better on the run than Rosen.  Rosen seems to have the better mechanics and in theory would be more accurate than Lock for that reason albeit his completion % has never been great.   But I am Ok with the counter argument to it because like you, I'd love to have a big time prospect in the first.  It's a close call to me.  My fear is they give up a first or multiple picks for Rosen once Dan-Bruce fall in love of the idea of getting him and if that happens I wouldn't like it.    If they make a successful trade for a QB, this would be Dan's first.  So if there exists love in that building for Rosen, I'd hope its from Jay and O'Connell not Bruce-Dan.   

9 hours ago, RWJ said:

I respect your opinions very much, SIP. I think Rosen can and will be a good QB in the NFL.  I think he fits Gruden's O to the T.  I still love Murray don't get me wrong and would want him over all others but we almost know w/o a shadow of doubt he's going to the Cards at #1.  To me, I like Rosen and think the chip on his should will be more like a boulder on his shoulder to prove all the pundits wrong about him.  Since Murray is out of the picture, I think (Cards) I like Rosen as our next option.  Just my 2 cents, my friend. :)

Thanks, I respect your opinion too.  I think he can be a good QB in the NFL too but I won't swear by it.  As for fitting Jay's offense, I think so too.  Cooley isn't so sure because in his mind he has poor touch on short throws, says he's not good at getting to his check downs and can't throw screens well right now.   My thought is even if so, that can be taught-adjusted.   Love his mechanics -- footwork in the pocket.  Don't love his decision making and IMO he was like that at UCLA too. I was actually surprised to see that watching him -- I always had this vision of him being this conservative WCO type -- but he's not conservative, he plays a bit wild IMO and not always a good version of wild. 

Funny on the QB thread i am among the ones promoting the idea since I don't hate it.  Here I am throwing some cold water on it. Part of that might be me responding after just watching his game against Seattle where IMO he was atrocious.  The reason being to me its all about context, meaning trade value.  Rosen to me isn't a slam dunk so I don't want to give up the store for him.  Here's a post from a PFF guy suggesting some buyer aware with Rosen.  And yeah I get rough supporting cast in Arizona.  And I agree he did have a bad supporting cast but IMO he has some things to fix that are totally on him.  Trying to bring this back on draft topic.  If they get Rosen, I want some big dude who can fight for 50-50 balls.  I saw Fitzpatrick bail him out multiple times in games.  We need a dude like that if its Rosen -- Hakeem Butler?

By the numbers: Josh Rosen’s rookie season leaves room for improvement

Rosen ranked 33rd and last among qualified candidates with a quarterback rating of 66.7 this season. That ranked immediately behind rookie Bills QB Josh Allen’s 67.9 and rookie Jets signal-caller Sam Darnold’s 77.6 rating.

Rosen was also 33rd by averaging 163 passing yards per game and just 5.80 yards per attempt.

The amount of times Rosen was sacked in the season. He took the seventh-most sacks in the NFL in 2018 behind an offensive line that was plagued by injury throughout the season. The Texans’ Deshaun Watson led the league by taking 62 sacks.

Although Rosen started 13 games, he played in 14 after taking over for veteran Sam Bradford late in a Week 3 loss to the Chicago Bears. Rosen started from then on.

The Cardinals finished dead last in the league in total offense with 3,865 yards. They were the only team in the NFL to end the season with less than 4,500 yards and finished 773 yards behind the No. 31 team in the league, the Miami Dolphins.

Rosen threw for 11 touchdown passes on the season: six to Larry Fitzgerald, three to Christian Kirk, one to Chad Williams and one to David Johnson. Rosen threw 14 interceptions, tied for the fifth-most in the NFL.

Rosen’s total passing yards ranked third among rookies and 29th in the NFL.

His best game of the season, in terms of yardage, was the 252-yard performance in the second game against the 49ers, an 18-15 win on Oct. 28. Rosen went 23-of-40 with two touchdowns and one interception.

It was the only game of the season Fitzgerald broke the 100-yard mark in receiving as the veteran caught eight passes for 102 yards and one of Rosen’s two touchdowns.

1-2-3-4

The length of each of Rosen’s losing streaks.

Rosen’s first game as a starter was a loss to the Seattle Seahawks, but was followed up with a bounce back win against the San Francisco 49ers. The Cardinals lost two in a row before earning their second win of the season and then lost three in a row before Rosen’s third win.

Arizona finished the season on a four-game losing streak while Rosen finished 3-10 as a starter.

Rosen led the NFL in aggressiveness. The stat is compiled in the NFL Next Gen Stats list and measures the amount of passing attempts a quarterback makes into tight coverage.

According to the metric, Rosen fired 21.6 percent of his passes into windows where a defender is within one yard of the intended receiver.

Rosen’s 217 completions helped him become the 11th rookie quarterback in the last five years to complete more than 200 passes in their first season.

Problem was, Rosen was one of the least-accurate quarterbacks in the league. He was 32nd among qualified signal-callers and finished ahead of only Allen’s 52.8 percent.

Second is too high for Rosen.  He's Brad Johnson.  A JAG.  Pocket passing statue with mediocre arm strength and below average arm talent, sketchy accuracy in the short and long game, and poor decision making skills.  Move him after his drop and he can't hit the broad side of a barn.  He's also got the undersirable combination of being unable to run away from anyone and simultaneously being completely unable to feel the rush.  He was awful last season.

If you get him, then you need to build an elite pass protecting OL to win with him.

Archived