Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

On 3/5/2019 at 3:56 PM, Anselmheifer said:

If Butler doesn't go in the 1st, it's a crime. Physically, he is Mike Evans.

Steve’s guy did unkind things in the presence of his fellow earthlings. Perhaps he is not one of us, the evidence leaves room for all possibilities.

Absolutely gone in 60 seconds on draft day. A.J. Green may, one day, take Steve’s comparison as a compliment.

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I mostly ignore it because I don't see how they do it.  But there is smoke on the Kyler Murray drill.  Finlay has said multiple times don't rule out them trading up.  I don't though see how?  Though I do share their man crush

Yeh how do we trade up. I dread to think what we'd do.

Bruce made a comment in interview, when asked about the Scherff extension, that it was priority, but also that we lead the league, sure he said that, in money/cap invested in our OL. Perhaps that was an indication that we need to reduce that position. 

Only way we'd beat the Raiders in a trade would be to include a high end player from our roster. And the Cards OL sucks.

2+2=5 but I'll put it on record just in case it comes true :ols:

1 minute ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

That's not the best list of names to be associated with.

Sure but that doesn't matter. Clearly, it doesn't mean a yard per target number is a bad thing.

He had 17.6 Yards per catch this year. 

Ranked 4th in YAC for the draft eligible receivers after Metcalf, Samuel, Campbell. 8.7 YAC per reception.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Yeh how do we trade up. I dread to think what we'd do.

Bruce made a comment in interview, when asked about the Scherff extension, that it was priority, but also that we lead the league, sure he said that, in money/cap invested in our OL. Perhaps that was an indication that we need to reduce that position. 

Only way we'd beat the Raiders in a trade would be to include a high end player from our roster. And the Cards OL sucks.

2+2=5 but I'll put it on record just in case it comes true :ols:

If Murray is on the market and Jon is salivating over Murray like some say he is then I think he gets his guy.  The one domino that might hurt some is if he trades one of his firsts for Antonio Brown.   But even with that, he would have two first round picks and a high first round pick in that mix.

Yeah Bruce is conservative IMO to a fault in FA.  But he's also IMO aggressive to a fault when he wants someone in a trade.  I am nervous about what he'd be willing to give up in either a move up in the draft or if there is a bidding war for Rosen.  Sit tight Bruce. 😀

For me personally, like most red flags on a prospect, Brown’s slight size forces me to drop him roughly a full round.  So instead of mid 1st-mid 2nd, I’m looking at early 2nd to early 3rd.  I can’t deny his talent, but for a team with major injury issues... I’m even more leery of selecting him.  Add to that the depth of this class, both receiver-wise and the other talent (dbs especially) slated to go in that 1st-2nd round range, and I just don’t him as a viable option for us.  

That’s not even even counting his foot injury...

JMO of course.  I would probably feel differently if we didn’t have so many roster issues, or maybe had an extra pick in the first two rounds. 

@SkinsinparadiseYeah, Allen hasn’t exactly displayed solid bargaining skills... and that’s a bit scary.  I’m really hoping Doug W was right about having too many needs to trade up.  

On 2/2/2019 at 11:10 PM, volsmet said:

I just caught a rotoworld blurb that suggested Wren May be a good fit for Dallas in round 2, so I put on a game of his & immediately his physical attributes stand out, but have you guys ever seen a dt use his arms more poorly? 2 minutes in I had to shut this thing down, it felt relatively useless because he won’t ever be seen playing with this technique again

This Dane Brugler fellow may not be entirely useless. Then again, he may just be reading this forum, we will never know.

Wren seems likely to go between our 2nd & 3rd round picks. 

• The Athletic's Dane Brugler lists Arizona State DT Renell Wren 10th among all defensive tackles prior to the combine in the 2019 NFL Draft class.

Wren has seen his stock rise to the Day 2 range by many analysts after he was exceptional in the Senior Bowl, and it appears Brugler believes he belongs in that range, too. He notes that the 6-foot-4, 315-pound defender has powerful shoulders and the "upper body to punch, lock out and stack blocks." Brugler also notes his weaknesses; noting that he is too easily moved from his base and extremely raw in terms of his technique. Still, he notes that Wren has the talent to be a "disruptive NFL player." A strong combine could see his stock rise even higher.

SOURCE: The Athletic
    Feb 16, 2019, 7:11 PM

On 3/4/2019 at 2:51 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's definitely a statue, but I disagree about the other things you said.  That release is really pretty.  And I think he's got the best pocket footwork and most effortless arm talent in the class.  He can throw two dozen deep outs in a row without breaking a sweat or missing his timing and spot.  His film is just big time throw after big time throw.

You can tell Haskins was a prodigy and was groomed to play NFL QB from a very young age.  The game is easy for him.  It's OK to be a statue when you are that gifted of a passer.

Haskins has been impressive on the “white board” since he was young, but when the bullets are live, his feet look like a disaster to me, when pressure is near he just looks like he lacks composure & things condense, mentally, rapidly. Without the athleticism to do anything at all when things break down, he’s going to need to be better than most in a confined space & I haven’t noticed it in the games I’ve watched. The arm is brilliant, the talent is there, but he had 3 guys running 4.3s at WR, a 6ft 6 victor, 5 star RBs, & 5 star OL protecting him. 

How bad he was v MSU & PSU was jarring to me, then the Nebraska game wasn’t particularly impressive either. Are there a few games you like in particular? I’m not terribly interested in the 5,000 crossing patterns to 4.3 guys v Michigan, but the Purdue game was impressive, despite the outcome.

I didn’t think he looked like a top prospect in the bowl game either, that 2nd half was atrocious for the entire offense. 

On 3/4/2019 at 3:00 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Edit:  Listened to Cooley on the Qbs on the same podcast.  Looks like he's backing off some on Daniel Jones, said he's not sure about him.  And wouldn't take him at 15.  I recall he said on a recent podcast that he didn't watch a lot of Jones for his initial opinion and needed to watch more.  He is still mega in love with Lock, thinks he's the closest to a sure thing aside from Murray and thinks he will go top 5.  

The man knows QB’s. Apparently.

On 3/4/2019 at 12:41 PM, OVCChairman said:

So why get Keenum, then trade for Flacco, THEN draft Lock when the plan is Flacco for a year or two and the QB class next year is considered much stronger.... They'd be going very heavy on winning now, then not drafting a 1st round player to help that cause.  

Because if Flacco gets you to the playoffs, you aren’t going to be able to get a decent QB next year. The rational thing to do would be take the QB now if you love one. 

I watched some of Amani Hooker’s tape.... the knock on him is he’s well rounded, but he’s not an ‘athlete’.  His combine numbers seem to disagree with that assessment.  Looks like a guy that can play either safety role and therefore maybe a good fit for us.  

On 2/25/2019 at 11:18 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

To the Grier people here, interesting write up.  I am not sure if I am a Grier person or not.  But I am not anti-Grier so I think in the context of this thread -- that makes me more in the Grier camp.  I'd take a flier on him after the first round but I won't lose sleep over it one way or another.  I'd trust Jay's take on this one way or another.  

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/lists/24638/2019-nfl-combine-6-players-with-the-most-to-gain/will-grier-qb-west-virginia-1

Does anyone here dislike Grier besides me? 

The best way way to describe him, I heard from someone else a few days ago, he compared Grier to John Lester. He’s fine when it’s perfect, but he can’t field a bunt, pitch out, or keep a runner close. Grier loses everything that makes him a decent prospect the second his arm can’t reach its stations in the rhythm that gives him adequate arm strength. 

John Lester is the comp because Lester’s struggles are widely known; I note that because I can’t live in a world where the first response is, “Lester is going to the hall of fame, I’d take that”, at which point, I would be compelled to access the appropriate gif. 

Will Grier is *cool. 

9 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Yeah, I don’t like that value at all.  I’d consider Oliver if we (were crazy and) traded Ioannidis, but Murphy’s my pick otherwise.  Trading down would actually be my preference either way... even more so if we send a pick for Rosen or plan on drafting a qb in the middle rounds.  

Trading down (for a late 2nd, or maybe a 3rd and 4th/5th?) and taking a G (or G/T) has been my preference for a while now, though if we land one in FA (plus a safety), that really opens things up for us.  Especially since I feel like late 1st-2nd is the best window for wr and db.  

Late round 1 - one of: Butler, Brown, Abram

Rd 2 - one of:  Samuel, Adderley, Thornhill, Winovich, Walker, Savage, Ridley, Oruwariye, Love, Pratt

Rd 3 - 3 of: Rapp, Savage, Montgomery, Sternberger/Raymond, maybe a qb (Grier, Stidham, etc), Gustin, Watson, oline

Rd 4 - 1 of:  Isabella, Hall, Burr-Kirven, McLaurin, Lodge, Gaskins, oline

Rapp may not get to our #2, I haven’t watched much, but the hype on him is probably higher than anyone right now. Oruwariye & Butler are up there, but the Rapp buzz is ridiculous. 

His teammate, Murphy, is more towards the other end. Rapp may pass him by.

Probably one of Oliver/White/Hock/Butler - at 15 for me - as of today. 

5 hours ago, volsmet said:

Haskins has been impressive on the “white board” since he was young, but when the bullets are live, his feet look like a disaster to me, when pressure is near he just looks like he lacks composure & things condense, mentally, rapidly. Without the athleticism to do anything at all when things break down, he’s going to need to be better than most in a confined space & I haven’t noticed it in the games I’ve watched. The arm is brilliant, the talent is there, but he had 3 guys running 4.3s at WR, a 6ft 6 victor, 5 star RBs, & 5 star OL protecting him. 

How bad he was v MSU & PSU was jarring to me, then the Nebraska game wasn’t particularly impressive either. Are there a few games you like in particular? I’m not terribly interested in the 5,000 crossing patterns to 4.3 guys v Michigan, but the Purdue game was impressive, despite the outcome.

I didn’t think he looked like a top prospect in the bowl game either, that 2nd half was atrocious for the entire offense. 

The man knows QB’s. Apparently.

Cooley is actually one of those that isn't into Haskins.  So your views mirror his well.  I haven't rewatched Haskins since the season but Cooley's review is tempting for me to finally study Haskins.  Haskins is the only major QB now I haven't re-watched and studied since the season.  

Cooley's take on Haskins:  Really good arm strength.  Great zip/explosion on the ball.  Quick release.    But like you he thinks he folds under pressure.  He can get rattled via a good pass rush.  His feet are slow.  Struggles to move with pressure on him in the pocket.  Fumbles a lot of snaps.   Slow to climb the pocket.   Ohio State's offense was super simplistic which relied on a ton of easy throws especially slants and shallow crosses which relied on their receivers to do YAC.   Throwing with anticipation is average -- he needs to see the receiver open to make the throw typically.  Gets stuck too much on his #1 receiver.   Late going to a check down.  Touch isn't great. 

...Can't complete a swing route.  Balls are behind on outbreaking routes.   His balls sail in the middle of the field.   He thinks he got away with a lot of bad throws because of his supporting cast.  He goes as far in another podcast that there is a good chance he will be a bust.     He thinks his hype is about his stats and tools but people are overlooking too many things that he thinks will burn him in the NFL.  If he starts next season he thinks he will lead the league in sacks and have a lot of turnovers. 

That's rough.  Around that same period of time, I saw Chris Simms not being that high on Haskins and Scot McCloughan saying Haskins reminds him a lot of Bryon Leftwich.

For all the Haskins' people here -- Cooley's take isn't mine.  I am repeating things versus weighing in with my own observations.  I have to study Haskins I haven't done that, yet mostly because i am assuming I'd be wasting my time because he's going early.  Plus he's one of the only QBs I never hear linked to us.  

36 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Does anyone here dislike Grier besides me? 

The best way way to describe him, I heard from someone else a few days ago, he compared Grier to John Lester. He’s fine when it’s perfect, but he can’t field a bunt, pitch out, or keep a runner close. Grier loses everything that makes him a decent prospect the second his arm can’t reach its stations in the rhythm that gives him adequate arm strength. 

John Lester is the comp because Lester’s struggles are widely known; I note that because I can’t live in a world where the first response is, “Lester is going to the hall of fame, I’d take that”, at which point, I would be compelled to access the appropriate gif. 

Will Grier is *cool. 

My take on all of the 2nd-4th round type QBs is that they are all fliers and that includes Grier.  The thing about Grier is his stats seem to stick out in metric after metric.  And the games I've watched of him, he was a fun watch.  i am not pimping for Grier by any stretch.  But among the 2nd-4th round types, I am ok with a flier on Grier.  Ditto Ryan Finley.  Ditto Stidham. Ditto Rypien.  Ditto even the guy i keep hammering Daniel Jones.  I wouldn't hate Jones if he's taken in the 2nd but I don't think he lasts until the mid 2nd.   All to me projects where you are hoping to get lucky.   The guy in that group I don't talk about much but continues to grow on me is Finley. 

My whole take on Rosen stems off of the paragraph above.  I don't love Rosen, and I can see him being a bust.  I am not as high on him as some draft geeks are.  But if I am comparing him to the 2nd tier types and we give up a 2nd rounder -- or better yet a 3rd rounder -- I'd take his tools over anyone in that 2nd tier group. 

Aside from Murray, the dude I put out the most propaganda on is Drew Lock. 😀  Just thinking about it i might be now one of his biggest cheerleaders on the board.  I do think there is some bust possibility with Lock but I love his tools.   Going back to Cooley, he's really infatuated with Lock.  If Elway is as in love with Lock as some say than he's got some company with Cooley who thinks he's going to be a really good QB with very little bust factor.  So Cooley is higher on him than me.  But I can sell myself on Lock. 

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There is a guarantee Lock makes a significant number of big plays for his team, the only other guy in the draft you can say that about is Murray. Lock may make more mistakes, but it’s easier to coach out mistakes than it is to coach in the ability to make those plays at the NFL level.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cooley is actually one of those that isn't into Haskins.  So your views mirror his well.  I haven't rewatched Haskins since the season but Cooley's review is tempting for me to finally study Haskins.  Haskins is the only major QB now I haven't re-watched and studied since the season.  

Cooley's take on Haskins:  Really good arm strength.  Great zip/explosion on the ball.  Quick release.    But like you he thinks he folds under pressure.  He can get rattled via a good pass rush.  His feet are slow.  Struggles to move with pressure on him in the pocket.  Fumbles a lot of snaps.   Slow to climb the pocket.   Ohio State's offense was super simplistic which relied on a ton of easy throws especially slants and shallow crosses which relied on their receivers to do YAC.   Throwing with anticipation is average -- he needs to see the receiver open to make the throw typically.  Gets stuck too much on his #1 receiver.   Late going to a check down.  Touch isn't great. 

...Can't complete a swing route.  Balls are behind on outbreaking routes.   His balls sail in the middle of the field.   He thinks he got away with a lot of bad throws because of his supporting cast.  He goes as far in another podcast that there is a good chance he will be a bust.     He thinks his hype is about his stats and tools but people are overlooking too many things that he thinks will burn him in the NFL.  If he starts next season he thinks he will lead the league in sacks and have a lot of turnovers. 

That's rough.  Around that same period of time, I saw Chris Simms not being that high on Haskins and Scot McCoughan saying Haskins reminds him a lot of Bryon Leftwich.

For all the Haskins' people here -- Cooley's take isn't mine.  I am repeating things versus weighing in with my own observations.  I have to study Haskins I haven't done that, yet mostly because i am assuming I'd be wasting my time because he's going early.  Plus he's one of the only QBs I never hear linked to us.  

How you retain all of that is incredible. I love Cooley, but don’t listen to the show. I see precisely what he does. These things are difficult to work on in the NFL, particularly when you are not as athletic. His offense at Bullis May have been more complex that what he had at OSU, and that’s no knock really, watching Bullis move the ball was impressive. 

I look forward to your Haskins breakdown.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My take on all of the 2nd-4th round type QBs is that they are all fliers and that includes Grier.  The thing about Grier is his stats seem to stick out in metric after metric.  And the games I've watched of him, he was a fun watch.  i am not pimping for Grier by any stretch.  But among the 2nd-4th round types, I am ok with a flier on Grier.  Ditto Ryan Finley.  Ditto Stidham. Ditto Rypien.  Ditto even the guy i keep hammering Daniel Jones.  I wouldn't hate Jones if he's taken in the 2nd but I don't think he lasts until the mid 2nd.   All to me projects where you are hoping to get lucky.   The guy in that group I don't talk about much but continues to grow on me is Finley. 

My whole take on Rosen stems off of the paragraph above.  I don't love Rosen, and I can see him being a bust.  I am not as high on him as some draft geeks are.  But if I am comparing him to the 2nd tier types and we give up a 2nd rounder -- or better yet a 3rd rounder -- I'd take his tools over anyone in that 2nd tier group. 

Aside from Murray, the dude I put out the most propaganda on is Drew Lock. 😀  Just thinking about it i might be now one of his biggest cheerleaders on the board.  I do think there is some bust possibility with Lock but I love his tools.   Going back to Cooley, he's really infatuated with Lock.  If Elway is as in love with Lock as some say than he's got some company with Cooley who thinks he's going to be a really good QB with very little bust factor.  So Cooley is higher on him than me.  But I can sell myself on Lock. 

The board appears to have come around on Lock. I’m with you & Cooley on him. 

From what I’ve seen, Grier lacks the pocket presence that Finley showed in his first 25 snaps v BC;  I haven’t seen Grier move that naturally once. Some also suggest that he takes supplements to juice up his arm for radar readings, which is ok, but it’s pretty widely known that Lock, for instance, doesn’t care, while Grier obsesses over it. Of course, that can be a good thing, a “prove the doubters wrong” drive, but others think he actually hurt his arm & his back overthrowing in Mobile. I didn’t hear about any back issue before the last couple weeks, but they exist today.

Finley, he’s got something. Give Haskins the number of starts Finley had & he may be leaving OSU with a Luck-ish grade. Haskins arm is something to behold, and he didn’t even beat Guarantano for the longest toss in the HS All American game. He just works, but you can’t replicate a free mind, that calm comes with snaps - as Orlovsky noted he saw in Lock.

I hope Thorson shows you something if you haven’t already turned in your grade there. The big guy has some tools. I don’t think Grier approaches Thorsons class as an NFL prospect.

I don’t know how many have Murray & Lock as their top 2, but it’s a clear 1/2 for me. I’m interested in more of Steve’s thoughts on Haskins, as well as everyone else’s, but I may just have to go back a page or 80 to find those.

42 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am thinking Greedy Williams might make it down to us at 15. I would be OK with going corner in the first this year if we have solved our QB situation by the draft. The guy is a baller.

Guy is filthy. 

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

Rapp may not get to our #2, I haven’t watched much, but the hype on him is probably higher than anyone right now. Oruwariye & Butler are up there, but the Rapp buzz is ridiculous. 

His teammate, Murphy, is more towards the other end. Rapp may pass him by.

Probably one of Oliver/White/Hock/Butler - at 15 for me - as of today. 

Yeah, I should have put Rapp in the 2nd... and you’re right that he may well (even likely to) go before that even.  I think Savage moves up a bunch as well...

As for Grier, I think what it comes down to for me - the metrics (and there are a ton that he ranks very, very favorably on) show his potential.  He showed a lot of growth from his time in Florida to his next starts in WV.  He played at a very high level in 2 different offenses, and he has the moxie, confidence and leadership (along with the aforementioned ability to acclimate to different offenses) to make me think he might be able to reach his potential in the pros.  

He’s got to cut down on the gaffes that got him into big trouble at times though (and seemed to, from what I can tell, and from what I’ve read, from 2017 to 2018).  Comparing him to someone like Stidham that struggles with pressure, or Jones, who seems to lose a great deal of accuracy on the move, I see most of Grier’s issues as coachable.  

Put simply, Grier is the antithesis of the qb with the big arm that has yet to put everything else together.  While that incredible throw at the end of the Texas game shows me he doesn’t need a set base to get the ball where he wants, he does need his mechanics tweaked so that he can really drive the ball when he needs to (the Senior Bowl showed his ability to put impressive velocity on the ball).  

What he doesn’t need (IMO) is an offense tailored to him, a perfect pocket, to stay in the pocket to produce, or wide open receivers.  Coach him, support him, and let him play, and I think he can win in the bigs.  

On 1/7/2019 at 10:50 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Butler is going to go in the second round.  Too big and too talented to drop.  It wouldn't be shocking if he snuck into the first.

giphy.gif

Humans who do this for a living, a month after this, still speculated on Butler as a possible reach in round 5. Just ... impressed. 

51 minutes ago, volsmet said:

There is a guarantee Lock makes a significant number of big plays for his team, the only other guy in the draft you can say that about is Murray. Lock may make more mistakes, but it’s easier to coach out mistakes than it is to coach in the ability to make those plays at the NFL level.

How you retain all of that is incredible. I love Cooley, but don’t listen to the show. I see precisely what he does. These things are difficult to work on in the NFL, particularly when you are not as athletic. His offense at Bullis May have been more complex that what he had at OSU, and that’s no knock really, watching Bullis move the ball was impressive. 

I look forward to your Haskins breakdown.

Thanks, took notes when he said it, so most of it wasn't retention. I'll get to Haskins.  So far I've watched Murray, Finley, Lock, D. Jones, Stidham, Grier, Rypien, J. Rosen. 

57 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Yeah, I should have put Rapp in the 2nd... and you’re right that he may well (even likely to) go before that even.  I think Savage moves up a bunch as well...

As for Grier, I think what it comes down to for me - the metrics (and there are a ton that he ranks very, very favorably on) show his potential.  He showed a lot of growth from his time in Florida to his next starts in WV.  He played at a very high level in 2 different offenses, and he has the moxie, confidence and leadership (along with the aforementioned ability to acclimate to different offenses) to make me think he might be able to reach his potential in the pros.  

He’s got to cut down on the gaffes that got him into big trouble at times though (and seemed to, from what I can tell, and from what I’ve read, from 2017 to 2018).  Comparing him to someone like Stidham that struggles with pressure, or Jones, who seems to lose a great deal of accuracy on the move, I see most of Grier’s issues as coachable.  

Put simply, Grier is the antithesis of the qb with the big arm that has yet to put everything else together.  While that incredible throw at the end of the Texas game shows me he doesn’t need a set base to get the ball where he wants, he does need his mechanics tweaked so that he can really drive the ball when he needs to (the Senior Bowl showed his ability to put impressive velocity on the ball).  

What he doesn’t need (IMO) is an offense tailored to him, a perfect pocket, to stay in the pocket to produce, or wide open receivers.  Coach him, support him, and let him play, and I think he can win in the bigs.  

I knew jack squat about ole Rapp until he shredded the turf over the weekend. Washington puts out some freaks, King was the big winner from this day after his teammate came in with all the hype - now it’s Rapp. 

Your boy Chase absolutely killed it; He will get some first round buzz soon enough. 

The ball Grier threw at the end of Texas is a lob, he put that in, but every QB in the draft, and in high school, can do that; the fact that he did it makes him a badass, the passes that require being fit in, with any movement, with zip, are what I’ve not seen him do. Will throws a beautiful touch pass, he lets his guys get it, but I don’t even know why he moved his feet like that in the Texas game, it wasn’t necessary, it was interesting; that’s a feel and being a beast in a big moment, that’s not something you can grade ... other than wondering if he has a rare disease that explains why he’d do that without anyone within 17 yards of him.

tenor.gif?itemid=11021011

We will have to disagree on what Will can do, the radar readings don’t show up in any games, he struggles to simply swing the ball on a WR screen with zip. When you see Will get the ball outside quickly, don’t you notice a lack of velocity on it? The speed in the nfl is insane, I, well, I think Grier is undraftable. But, I once thought you spelled the word “of”, u v. “Sound it out”, they told me. 

😕

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thanks, took notes when he said it, so most of it wasn't retention. I'll get to Haskins.  So far I've watched Murray, Finley, Lock, D. Jones, Stidham, Grier, Rypien, J. Rosen. 

A confession that’s equal parts humility & love of the game. SIP was made for this.

You guys can knock me for not believing in a guy the rest of the world appears to think deserves to walk within 500 feet of an NFL stadium, but you can’t say I ever gave up looking. It’s 20 minutes after my last post & I already jumped back into the Grier pool; I did not escape it unwounded. 

Well, you could say I gave up looking at this game. If you can watch this to the 2:42 mark, and not need a good cry, you are a stronger man than I. If you can watch this, vs Kansas, to the 2:42 mark, and think Grier May be a good NFL player one day, I would never watch Shawshank with you. Ok, that’s a lie, I love that film and I love you guys, but come on! This is make a wish nonsense. I feel like the rest of the world is Ashton Kutcher... I just don’t know where the cameras are hidden. 🤔

Because I love my draft pals, I decided to go back for more. Maybe it gets better, I told myself.

Now, I hate myself. 

IJB6VO4.gif?noredirect

Will Grier is the most atrocious qb prospect to ever live. He has no chance to be a decent NFL player. None. 

Watch that game, when the ball is on a hash, look how desperately they try to run their passes to the short side of the field. WVU is forced to try and get yards in the most condensed areas because Grier can’t throw the ball with any velocity. When they get to the wide side, they push Grier that direction, they can’t use most of the field because Grier is too limited. Then get him inside the 10 and it’s a nightmare, all he can do is lob it up once the threat of anything vertical is gone. 

Look at how many passes flutter, he throws ducks that just die, you see that in the first 1:30 when he tries to put some stink on a pass. It’s brutal. 

It’s right there, these aren’t opinions, you can predict where the ball is going 90% of the time. If the ball goes the other way, they find ways to get Will closer to that side and the WR has to run his route inside each time. 

You can’t say these things aren’t true, they aren’t some guys opinion, it’s the football game. Stubborn Grier supporters tried to convince me that I’m stubborn, that’s an old trick. I trusted you guys. That’s messed up.

If you would waste a pick on this goober, I hope you are hired by the Giants. I hope SIPs lady is forced to root for Will. He’s an abomination. The NFL will eat this nonsense up — Will is a metric ton of offensive scheming with a touch of Moxy. 

Just... putrid. 

*Taking sacks with wide open WRs, perhaps too far away for Will, and tossing 4 passes to Kansas in the end zone. 

*Please don’t manipulate this into being merely about the laughable display from the sr QB below, watch the game v a group of guys nobody on the planet recruited. I can feel Grier-lifers ready to point out that one bad sack (that proceeded a bad int) happens to everyone, and that’s true, but that’s not the point. The point is, you can’t watch that game and pretend you see a guy you want leading Washington onto the field. He’s not an NFL prospect. He may be the path to Tua, but he ain’t the path to the Supa. Ha. That’s good.

Sup witchya bruh.

5AD2D778-7E36-4847-B80A-2ABD55F8037B.jpeg

0286C3C5-8C7B-406B-80CC-447D015723E4.jpeg

4A3AE4F4-A53F-4CB6-9DC0-B443298E73E8.jpeg

2F1D35FC-CFB2-403C-84DD-B1D49A5CB1F6.jpeg

Archived