Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

Just now, Morrison J said:

What a pick that is. Unbelievable value. Truly believe we've just drafted our future WR#1. 

Well he is a really good, a physical bully!  The knock on him is the speed.

He will become Haskins best friend in the red zone. 

1 minute ago, DiscoBob said:

.... what? ...how absurd your post is? LOL

Whats so absurd? Josh Doctson was our WR#1 last year. Hardly what you'd call tough shoes to fill. 

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I see a receiver who doesnt catch with his hands. Big red flag 

Watch more of him. He'll body catch all game and then grab one outside his frame perfectly. His hands are literally his best asset. Can make every catch, 

5 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Whats so absurd? Josh Doctson was our WR#1 last year. Hardly what you'd call tough shoes to fill. 

Huge difference between a real #1 and the guy who happens to be #1 because the rest of our receivers are garbage.

Reed and Doctson had ~500 yards receiving, neither is a #1

1 minute ago, DiscoBob said:

Huge difference between a real #1 and the guy who happens to be #1 because the rest of our receivers are garbage.

Reed and Doctson had ~500 yards receiving, neither is a #1

Right. Well anyway, I believe Harmon is going to be a legit #WR1. You can hold me to that. 

27 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We never had two sixes.

Two 5's, Two 7's, but not 6's

I have half a 6.

6 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Right. Well anyway, I believe Harmon is going to be a legit #WR1. You can hold me to that. 

The man who stole Wren from me. I don’t know if you’re trustworthy.

On 1/15/2019 at 6:02 PM, volsmet said:

A corner prospect to keep an eye on is Palm Beach Florida’s, Jimmy Moreland. Moreland was suspended from the team at one point, which will likely move him down, but he’s certainly an NFL talent. 

Grabbing Kaden Elliss would make this a fine day 3.

I’m disturbed by how much I love this draft. It makes me think Bruce Allen may be better than I think. And that scares the crap out of me. He’s swindling me here and I know it. 

But I can’t help it. This draft has been amazing.

32 minutes ago, Rocky52Mc said:

Beautiful illegal play

You may need a closer look. 

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm very surprised the Te'Von Coney, Tre Lamar, and TJ Edwards haven't been drafted.  Tough year for ILBs.

Not everyone is Kaden Elliss good. If you don’t make it at Idaho, you go to Notre Dame, Clemson or Wisconsin.

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m disturbed by how much I love this draft. It makes me think Bruce Allen may be better than I think. And that scares the crap out of me. He’s swindling me here and I know it. 

But I can’t help it. This draft has been amazing.

I gather Jay is telling the truth and they are just going with Kyle Smith's board.  It doesn't make me love Bruce more -- if anything it makes me love him less.  Just freakin elevate Kyle Smith to run the whole team.  Where Bruce supposedly is active is in pro personnel which is the weakness of this team IMO.

Harmon was the last guy of the ones I researched that I really went to bat for so love that pick.   Among the 18 or so receivers I watched he was the third most fun watch for me right after Marquise Brown and N'Keal Harry.  He wasn't my third favorite receiver but he was among my favs in that 2nd tier group.  He's feisty as heck, finds a way to get open in spite of his pedestrian speed.  He blocks with attitude.  He comes up with contested catches.  He's a YAC guy.  If he could run like Harry to me he'd be just as good but I preferred Harry because of his superior athleticism.

Maybe I end up wrong about him but will see.   I didn't do too bad among the receivers I liked.   My two favorite receivers went #1 and #2 in the draft.  Two dark horse receivers I liked Diontae Johnson and Keesean Johnson went earlier than expected.  Both receivers mind you I got mocked by some here for me liking them. 😀  Diontae went early to the team that is arguably the maestro team at finding receivers -- the Steelers.  And I read they had a first round grade on him, too. 

Archived