Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

42 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You should have told us that before the homeless clown-faced gimp showed up 😏

Rather be homeless then the one putting them down..... Knowing how I spent the last 30+ yrs helping them. K -A- RMA 

Enough with you, I need to go back to work doing my government contracted aerospace composite work. 

A little blast last from my DC past for ya, my Gen....

F95FF55A-9509-4819-82F3-2111F7593EDF.gif

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I think Te’Von brings too many similarities to Mason Foster honestly. Id rather see us going with speed or athleticism in the middle because we run the nickle so often. Pratt/Hodge/Kirven/Watson would all be good options.  

He's got speed to cover the flats and his closing speed is good and he was fairly productive as a blitzer.  But at the end of the day, instincts trump speed.  He made a lot more plays than Devin Bush did despite being much slower, because he routinely sniffed out the point of attack and the cutback and got to where he needed to be.  And he's physical in the box, didn't have trouble disengaging.  This is super important for an NFL MIKE prospect.  Realistically, NFL guards and centers are going to get hands on you.

Guys like Devin Bush make spectacular, splashy plays way outside the tackle box, and this stuff goes on highlight reels.  But what those reels don't show are all of the instances of him getting his ass sealed or washed for 9 yard runs up the middle because he read the wrong hole, couldn't feel out the cutback, or couldn't get off the block.  Meanwhile Coney is doing yeoman's work in the A and B gaps, working gap to gap, and sticking that cutback near the hole that the runningback read as open a split second earlier.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Connecting more dots to Haskins.  Dan already dreaming of bowling nights with the QB?

Probably is already contacting bowling lane contractors to install a new lane in the bubble, just what our players need. 

44 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I think our entire draft plan is dependent upon if Arizona takes Murray. If they decide not to it could indicate that teams aren't too high on this year's crops of QBs and could signal a massive fall for all of them. I personally hope they don't draft one at 15 and if someone like Haskins is there then I'm sure we could trade down with a team that really loves him and get a couple extra picks.

Too much smoke about the Skins liking Haskins (plus them needing a QB) for anyone that loves Haskins to let the Skins get on the clock. They would jump up in front of them.

6 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

Too much smoke about the Skins liking Haskins (plus them needing a QB) for anyone that loves Haskins to let the Skins get on the clock. They would jump up in front of them.

Smart thinker are you, said Yoda

The skins aren’t going to put out any info. That has anything to do with the overall strategy tonight. Zilch!

My belief is, they are doing that to force NFC EAST teams into over spending tonight. Hopefully on what they consider a bust QB

13 minutes ago, Skinarchy said:

Rather be homeless then the one putting them down..... Knowing how I spent the last 30+ yrs helping them. K -A- RMA 

You mistake me, I've got not problem with the homeless.  I was going to take you up on your offer to watch the draft at the tracks.  I'll bring the beer.  Hope you don't mind Natty Bohs.

6 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

Yeah agree I've been on that point since yesterday when it went down.  We will see if we are right soon enough.  It seems too over the top all this Haskins stuff.  I am betting it's a ruse.  

The Haskins drum beats on.  Some of the local guys even changing their narrative now some.  If this is an orchestrated smokescreen they must be laughing in that building.

Every time I see Dan Snyder dancing I think 'There's that billionaire loser'.

Seriously, how can someone that rich be that un-cool? Was he just the 3rd wheel on RG3's date? Why bowling? He's a billionaire. Can't he randomly take people to hidden islands to hunt extinct animals or something? 

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

4 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Every time I see Dan Snyder dancing I think 'There's that billionaire loser... I still feel sorry for him'. 

Haha, reminded me of a old story a old school pool hustler told me years ago....

when i was a kid gambling pool, playing well, the old timers used to say

“go play that guy, he’s a loser, but he’s got money”

After a a few years, I learned I wanted to be the loser. 

8 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

I have no idea what the Skins will do lol...but there was a lot of smoke around Shanahan really liking Blaine Gabbert and how he was inquiring with teams as to what it would take to trade up. There was also a lot of smoke surrounding the reports that Shanahan and the Skins were gonna trade Haynesworth at draft time, with LaCanfora (I think) even going on the air to report that he's been told a trade agreement had been made between the Skins and another team for Haynesworth for a 3rd round pick (might have been a 2nd) that would occur that very day during the draft.  There was also the smoke surrounding a draft trade scenario between the Skins and the 49ers, and maybe even including the Cowboys, with the Skins getting inquiries about a trade for Cousins during the draft...

We know how all of those turned out lol...

I got a buddy that's an Eagles fan and he showed me that they are 90% sure to draft Hollywood Brown if he's there. Seems eerily similar to the Haskins rumors. Why would a team let everyone know who they want? Wouldn't that only make it tougher to get that player? 

6 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Haskins doesn't look like he takes care of his body, he's chubby and had to lose 20 lbs just to look that way for his pro day.

He has the perfect bowling body type...

14 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Haskins doesn't look like he takes care of his body, he's chubby and had to lose 20 lbs just to look that way for his pro day.

He’s no Pillsburry Throwboy / Hefty Lefty / J-Load

Also: Big Ben is a barrel chested goon with a fridge for a head. It hasn’t affected his game. Not worried about Haskins’s weight.

Charlie C, said its going to be a bombshell with Haskins he hasn't got all of the story yet. I'm really hoping its not us we need more picks not mortgage the future. My prediction is the Raiders picks a QB (Murray or Haskins) and trade Carr to us for the 15th pick and a 3rd and we get Carr and the 27th pick and a 4th

I find this hysterical lol...

First it was...

"Redskins in disagreement over top pick in draft"

Then it was...

Redskins draft: Infighting over Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, per report (Sportsnaut)

Real Sports Talk @RealSportsTaIk

Now it's...

Studs and Duds Fantasy News @StudsAndDudsFN

I fully expect the next tweet "report" about the Redskins to be that Snyder shot and killed a scout during a brawl over whether or not to draft Haskins lol...

4 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

Call me crazy but not even Dan and Bruce are dumb enough to tip hand this hard.Smoke is all it is to make a Team like the Gaints worry.

Do NOT tempt the universe like this . . .

Archived