Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 NCAA Football Thread

ixcuincle

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Hey at least UMD has all those fancy helmets and uniforms to bring in those hard to get kids.

Speaking of helmets, did you need the new addition to the WVU helmets PB (and Major)? 

Like it all but the use of the state for the O.

I like it a lot but yeah, like many a woman's sex life, the lack of an O kills it. 

I like the use of the state for the O.  

I have just been informed that my long-standing NFL fantasy football league is switching to college football.  I am currently in negotiations to institute some kind of policy that allows people to get one player from the school they claim.  Most of my league went to northeast or DC schools.  Or Maryland. ?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24391066/college-football-2018-preseason-all-america-team

Meet the college football preseason All-America team

OFFENSE

QB: Will Grier, West Virginia

Five quarterbacks were taken in the first round of the 2018 NFL draft, meaning there's a new guard vying for All-America honors this season. No one has a better case than Grier, who was exceptional last season, despite sitting out the bulk of the final three games with an injury. Project his numbers over 13 starts and he'd have posted 4,500 yards and 44 touchdown throws -- numbers that would've mirrored Baker Mayfield's.

RB: Bryce Love, Stanford

There's no doubt about who the nation's best returning running back is. Last season, Love ran for 2,118 yards and 19 touchdowns and averaged better than 8 yards per carry -- the best rate by a Power 5 back with at least 200 carries since Reggie Bush in 2005. Now the only question is, what does Love do for an encore?

More at link, obviously.

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24391066/college-football-2018-preseason-all-america-team

Meet the college football preseason All-America team

More at link, obviously.

Of course, my thoughts wandered when I came to David Sills V, from WV.  My thoughts being that the people in that family either don't have much originality in coming up with names, if he is the fifth with that name, or there is some weird ego thing going on.

Just now, China said:

Of course, my thoughts wandered when I came to David Sills V, from WV.  My thoughts being that the people in that family either don't have much originality in coming up with names, if he is the fifth with that name, or there is some weird ego thing going on.

As a WVU fan, as long as he's catching TD passes at an All-American level, he can be called whatever he wants.  

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

First three games?   Lol.  They really brought down the hammer

I was JUST looking for this thread so I could comment on this BS. This is absolutely ridiculous, he should be fired, but even a year suspension would be more acceptable. 

20 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I was JUST looking for this thread so I could comment on this BS. This is absolutely ridiculous, he should be fired, but even a year suspension would be more acceptable. 

Why should he be fired? Because he didn’t fire someone over allegations? Which is what they are they are allegations. Allegations that even the alleged victims mother has said are false. I’m not defending domestic abuse at all here it’s abhorrent but you can’t just ruin people’s lives without all the facts present just look at what happened in the Duke lacrosse case everybody slammed them, took their scholarships away, fired the coaches and the whole nine yards and what happened these peoples lives were destroyed over a false allegation. I just think it’s dangerous to rush to judgement without all the facts here. 

Urban Meyer is a slimey you know what that should have been fired, but generally speaking I can see a narcissist serial abuser like Zach Smith conning everyone around them, especially those with a very narrow world view and antiquated notions of masculinity. People like that usually have a very good feel for knowing what the people around them need to hear in order to make themselves look like angels. I can also see someone like Meyer being a relatively intelligent man and a brilliant football coach but at the same time having the emotional intelligence of a goldfish. I hope Courtney finds peace in life and also a man that treats her right. 

If actual facts come out proving that the allegations are true then yes Urban should be fired and the higher ups who he supposedly reported too should also be fired but again they are allegations and I disagree with this notion of everybody rushing to want to ruin somebodies life without all the facts. 

8 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Why should he be fired? Because he didn’t fire someone over allegations? Which is what they are they are allegations. Allegations that even the alleged victims mother has said are false. I’m not defending domestic abuse at all here it’s abhorrent but you can’t just ruin people’s lives without all the facts present just look at what happened in the Duke lacrosse case everybody slammed them, took their scholarships away, fired the coaches and the whole nine yards and what happened these peoples lives were destroyed over a false allegation. I just think it’s dangerous to rush to judgement without all the facts here. 

If the allegations against Zach Smith are false, why did Ohio State fire him?

I can't believe Meyer honestly didn't believe he had a duty to report, particularly after the entire Penn State incident. 

Its flirting with a Title IX violation. 

9 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I can't believe Meyer honestly didn't believe he had a duty to report, particularly after the entire Penn State incident. 

Because we are in an era where you react first ask questions later. I’m just not the type to rush to judgement without all the facts especially after what happened a few years ago in the duke lacrosse case. 

10 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

You would think that the moment a head coach is presented with this information, he would remove the coach from having contact with his "student Athletes" until it is deemed to be a safe situation. 

But he sure wins football games, though! 

Archived