Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

Republicans won't say anything because that Harlan Crow guy funds their campaigns. 

"I am friends with this Justice, just like I am great friends with all the GOP Senators.  I regularly treat them all to vacations."

I think we may have figured our who paid off Kavanaugh's debts.  

Seems like many politocians are treating this corruption like it is routine.  The best politicians money can buy.  

Let's see what they are Twittering on about:  Hunter Biden, Trump, Border... left has constantly smeared Justice Thomas, Border/Mayorkus.

I wish Congressional a-holes would be pulled in front of their constituants for public questions from time to time. 

• Like 1

If this is truly the GOP position, then this story will have legs for awhile.

Clarence Thomas even reported a trip from Harlan Crow back in 1997. Thomas wasn't confused or misled sicne then, he just choose to not report anymore of his being bought. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

I don't understand the reference. Is this just a random shot at AOC or is there a backstory to the crayons/spray paint reference?

She worked in a bar or something thus she can't be bright according to the GOP. Overlooking the fact that AOC graduated with honors from Boston U and interned for Ted Kennedy. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

Ron DeSantis Is Luring Supreme Court Conservatives to Overturn Landmark Precedent Again

Despite long-standing Supreme Court precedent directing that the proposal is unconstitutional, Florida legislators this month are seeking to broaden the death penalty to non-homicide crimes. The proposal has Gov. Ron DeSantis’s full support. On Tuesday, the Florida Senate Rules Committee is expected to vote on the bill, which is the bill’s last committee stop before the floor.

Specifically, the bills seek to broaden the death penalty to sexual battery crimes against children. The bills plainly contradict the court’s 2008 decision in Kennedy v. Louisiana, which held that punishing a defendant with death when the crime does not intentionally cause the victim’s death violates the Eighth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

The Supreme Court of just 15 years ago clearly forbade what Florida is now trying to do. Florida legislators say “that’s the point.” Their goal is to provide the Supreme Court with the opportunity to review Kennedy, at which point both Gov. DeSantis and Florida legislators are confident the court, “in its current iteration,” would overturn Kennedy. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

I can easily understand the urge. 

But,....

First, he's not asking for a ruling that allows death for child abusers. He's asking for a ruling that execution is OK, even if nobody died. 

Child molesters are just the vehicle he's using, to try to get the power. 

Remember, this is an administration that is already defining "child abuse" to include giving a child a vaccine, using the child's preferred pronouns, or allowing the child to use the bathroom. 

And, I have a problem with the attitude. The attitude of "hey, my Party has successfully packed SCOTUS with lying ideologues. (Every one of which swore under oath that they had no agenda whatsoever, until they had enough votes so they could pull open their robes and reveal that they're wearing spandex underneath with an R on the chest). And "now's our chance for the court to fundamentally change the law of the land."

They are literally planning on SCOTUS legislating from the bench. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

I met Clarence Thomas' mother.  She ran the surgical waiting room at St. Joseph's/Candler hospital in Savannah when my husband had surgery, had a framed photo of him on her desk.  I wanted to vomit, but she was such a nice lady. 

My SIL & I were confused about how such an awesome person could birth an absolute idiot.  :ols:

• Like 2