Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

See that's the difference between me and the leftwing mob.  I DONT know if he did or did not do it.  And havent claimed to know. 

You're giving him the benefit of the doubt because you're sympathetic to his politics and you want a right wing judge to be confirmed to Kennedy's seat but deep down, you know he did it.  Witness after witness has piled up and his credibility is ****.  You wouldn't care to give him the benefit of the doubt if he weren't the nominee, and you would be agreeing with the rest of us that he did it if he were a liberal.

BK will not withdraw.  The real question is whether his accuser will show up to testify.

Unless Dr. Ford offers some evidence to support her allegations, BK will be confirmed by the full Senate on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

All bets are off, though, if she does present corroborating proof.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

You're giving him the benefit of the doubt because you're sympathetic to his politics and you want a right wing judge to be confirmed to Kennedy's seat but deep down, you know he did it.  Witness after witness has piled up and his credibility is ****.  You wouldn't care to give him the benefit of the doubt if he weren't the nominee, and you would be agreeing with the rest of us that he did it if he were a liberal.

Again, I dont know if he did it or not.  Not on the surface.  Not deep down.  Nowhere.  I completely agree though that those on the left think he did it for the same reasons you claim I dont.

Just now, RedskinsFan44 said:

By that logic you should be questioning why Kavanaugh hasn't filed libel suits against all of his accusers. Maybe it will come, but there are plenty of reasons people wouldn't want to become enmeshed in legal proceedings.

I asked that a few days ago, and then saw somewhere that the claims against him wouldnt be subject to libel and slander laws.  Not sure why though.

2 minutes ago, B&G said:

BK will not withdraw.  The real question is whether his accuser will show up to testify.

Unless Dr. Ford offers some evidence to support her allegations, BK will be confirmed by the full Senate on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

All bets are off, though, if she does present corroborating proof.

All bets are off with the new allegations. Ford's has been usurped.

23 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

How is someone like BK supposed to refute allegations like this otherwise?

By demanding the Senate do their due diligence or calling on the President to authorize the FBI to investigate.

Yes, Brett can only do so much to rebut the accusations without a full investigation being done.

But Brett is not powerless in that regard.  If he goes to Grassley and says "subpoena Mark Judge or I will withdraw and blame Senate GOP for not investigating fully to help me clear myself" do you think Grassley doesn't grant that?

And frankly that's what he should be doing if his goal is to rebut these allegations.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

By demanding the Senate do their due diligence or calling on the President to authorize the FBI to investigate.

Yes, Brett can only do so much to rebut the accusations without a full investigation being done.

But Brett is not powerless in that regard.  If he goes to Grassley and says "subpoena Mark Judge or I will withdraw and blame Senate GOP for not investigating fully to help me clear myself" do you think Grassley doesn't grant that?

And frankly that's what he should be doing if his goal is to rebut these allegations.

I have to agree that the only way the allegations are proven true or false is with a complete investigation.  FBI, Local, Senate all of them.

• Like 1

This hurts Brett more than helps, I think.

He's admitted to basically lying in his Fox News interview about his choirboy persona.

Once you start walking back your persona everyone expects more cracks and walkbacks to appear.  He's now opened himself to questions from the committee about his walkback.

I don't think he's long for this nomination.  Any other nominee in any other administration would have withdrawn by now.

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

I have to agree that the only way the allegations are proven true or false is with a complete investigation.  FBI, Local, Senate all of them.

I would feel a lot better about the prospects of Brett's innocence if he himself pushed the committee to do their due diligence.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Again, I dont know if he did it or not.  Not on the surface.  Not deep down.  Nowhere.  I completely agree though that those on the left think he did it for the same reasons you claim I dont. 

Lord, you don't have to play this game with us.  You don't have to save face because we understand having partisan blind spots.  We think he did it because 47 witnesses have come out testifying about it and Kavanaugh has been lying his ass off about his past and wrote about his conquests in his dumb and gross yearbook entry and his friend who was there is a ****ing creep who wrote about the glory of men forcing themselves on women or some **** like that in the past.  We're not lying to ourselves and trying to do a bunch of mental gymnastics like "well if no one filed criminal charges then we have to ignore the allegations" like you've been doing.

• Thanks 3

Really, BK's insistence that he was a straight arrow, when readily available info to the contrary was already out there was probably the first big sign that he was likely lying about the other stuff too.

For those still on the "I have no idea if he did it" fence.  Are you at least willing to make an educated guess that he is/was lying about his choir boy status?

This is how it usually works for the privileged.  They do what they want "take what is theirs" and move on.  They matter, you don't.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Thanks 1