Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I really wish some of these articles were more careful with how they are worded.  When the headline is "FBI ignored" or "FBI didn't"  it needs to be stated with some kind of verification (or at the least some kind of attempt verification) that the FBI was being handcuffed or at least being told what they could/couldn't ask about and who they were allowed to interview.

I don't like the way it is being painted as if this is the FBI's fault for "not turning up something" when the obvious conclusion is that this investigation, if you can call it that, was planned from the start to not turn up anything.

I think criticism of the director is fair. The moment Trump spewed his BS about interviewing anyone, he could have come out and announced he was doing exactly that.

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I think criticism of the director is fair. The moment Trump spewed his BS about interviewing anyone, he could have come out and announced he was doing exactly that.

Is it normal and/or is there precedent for the head of an investigation to hold a press conference and take questions? Is there even a "head of investigation" for this? Whoever is in charge of this should be setting the record straight about what exactly they could/couldn't look into for this and where they got their instructions from. Not really seeing where this investigation needs to be secretive and behind closed doors. 

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Is it normal and/or is there precedent for the head of an investigation to hold a press conference and take questions? Is there even a "head of investigation" for this? Whoever is in charge of this should be setting the record straight about what exactly they could/couldn't look into for this and where they got their instructions from. Not really seeing where this investigation needs to be secretive and behind closed doors. 

Because its a background check and not a criminal investigation.

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Agree completely. We won't know until the Dems win the house and have a hearing on the matter with Wray testifying. 

15 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Is this a thing?  Flake is gonna try to primary Trump? :rofl89:

I can just see Flake's call to action--

I have no backbone. I'm all bark and no bite. Trump bends me over like a twenty-five cent whore.

Vote Flake!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

The protest is pretty wild.

it was 100% peaceful when i was there....     

(I'm sorry if my leaving led to understandable widespread dissatisfaction and revolt.... but i had a meeting i had to get to.... )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

it was 100% peaceful when i was there....     

(I'm sorry if my leaving led to understandable widespread dissatisfaction and revolt.... but i had a meeting i had to get to.... )

It now makes sense.  I couldnt quite hear the chants, but now I know they were chanting-

Hey Hey Ho Ho where the hell is McSluggo?!

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

It's really not that close now.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/senate/north-dakota/

Yesterday

DATES POLLSTER SAMPLE RESULT NET RESULT
U.S. Senate
N.D.  
SEP 29-OCT 2
801 RV Heitkamp
41%
50%
Cramer Cramer +9
U.S. Senate
N.D.  
SEP 29-OCT 2
704 LV Heitkamp
41%
53%
Cramer Cramer +12

KEY

A = ADULTS

RV = REGISTERED VOTERS

V = VOTERS

LV = LIKELY VOTERS

Oct. 1, 2018

U.S. Senate

N.D.  
SEP 17-27
650 LV Heitkamp
41%
51%
Cramer Cramer +10

From 2012:

Image result for heitkamp 2012 poll

North Dakota polls are notoriously sketchy

• Like 1

He'll get confirmed. And Trump supporters are now more energized than ever after Trump turned the hearing into a war against white men.

Dems have no shot at senate and the House is far from the guarantee people think.

Our president may be a disaster of a human being and represent a new low for the office, but his tactics are working.

If I didn't disagree with pretty much every thing he stands for, I'd be impressed.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

It now makes sense.  I couldnt quite hear the chants, but now I know they were chanting-

Hey Hey Ho Ho where the hell is McSluggo?!

woe fell upon the lost flock... for when rudderless, there was much gnashing of teeth and misting of eyes... 

30 minutes ago, Hooper said:

He'll get confirmed. And Trump supporters are now more energized than ever after Trump turned the hearing into a war against white men.

Dems have no shot at senate and the House is far from the guarantee people think.

Our president may be a disaster of a human being and represent a new low for the office, but his tactics are working.

If I didn't disagree with pretty much every thing he stands for, I'd be impressed.

Trump has made a political career out of "White man persecution complex"  No matter how much it has been debunked, it's been a long 30 years of right wing media stoking this.

Anyone getting creative with their protesting?  Like a group of guys dressing up as "party bruhs" with a keg?  I always used to get a kick out of when some protesters of the big banks would dress up as Monopoly characters.

• Like 3

I have a gut instinct that some GOPers want to vote No, and as of this minute he doesn't have the votes.  However, the chances of them sticking to their No votes doesn't seem very high. 

(Of course my guts are kind of ripped up right now after my A's got swiftly bounced from the postseason last night, again)

Edited by NoCalMike