Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Just now, PokerPacker said:

I think I read that both he and Vanecek are currently injured.

Jeez.  I am NOT confident in Holtby at this point and Copley seems like just a guy.  It’s also quite evident that this team is entirely different without Wilson, getting out physicaled everywhere.

Hope Holtby can reel it in cause these softies are a dagger.

Just now, purbeast said:

So anyone know the deal with why the Capitals color is this light purple on the NHL app?  I thought it was just the app doing that but then I saw they had that same color as their main color on Twitter too.

Are you talking about the Hockey Fights Cancer thing?

Just now, purbeast said:

Oh is that what it is?  I only know about the pink in the NFL and this light purple is a different color so I never put that together.

Pink is a specific to the Susan G Kommen foundation, which is only for breast cancer (and I think only about 11% of the money actually goes into cancer research, but that's for another thread).

On 10/27/2018 at 1:45 PM, ixcuincle said:

Not totally. He got to see our beloved Washington Capitals win the Cup six months before he passed. That was an emotional read. It's impressive how the author is not really a hockey fan but still communicated the unwavering passion that hockey fans have for the sport. I may be biased but I feel hockey fans are the most pure of all sports.

Here's to Tom Severn, the Washington Capitals, and hockey fans all over the world

Archived