Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

4 hours ago, Mournblade said:

But you're not taking the competition into account. Carolina, NYI and Boston is about as easy as it gets (compare that with Columbus, Pittsburgh and Tampa

last year). 

How long have you been following hockey? Cause your posts are getting more nonsensical. There is no such thing as easy in the stanley cup playoffs. Obviously Carolina and Boston are both damn good hockey teams. (Can't believe I have to defend a Boston franchise) Teams don't accidentally make it this far. 

Wait, are you Michal Kempney?? That is the only way what you are saying makes any sense even though it would still be loud wrong.  

On 5/10/2019 at 12:04 AM, Hersh said:

How long have you been following hockey? Cause your posts are getting more nonsensical. There is no such thing as easy in the stanley cup playoffs. Obviously Carolina and Boston are both damn good hockey teams. (Can't believe I have to defend a Boston franchise) Teams don't accidentally make it this far. 

Wait, are you Michal Kempney?? That is the only way what you are saying makes any sense even though it would still be loud wrong.  

Oh yes OBVIOUSLY Carolina is a "damn good hockey team:". You realize they barely made the playoffs this year? And you realize they hadn't made the playoffs since 

2009? If anyone is displaying hockey ignorance, its you my friend. 

Didn't Carolina have like the second or third most points in the league since January 1st? Could be like Pittsburgh in 2016 situation where they were just ridiculously hot in the second half of the year and rode it to a Cup. I don't expect Carolina to get past Boston though.

13 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Oh yes OBVIOUSLY Carolina is a "damn good hockey team:". You realize they barely made the playoffs this year? And you realize they hadn't made the playoffs since 

2009? If anyone is displaying hockey ignorance, its you my friend. 

LOL, yeah okay. Carolina not having made the playoffs in 10 years doesn't mean anything other than some high draft picks. Aside from Carolina playing great the last 3 1/2 months of the season (third most point in the NHL), if they barely made the playoffs they also barely missed winning the division. The team that barely made the playoffs was only 5 points behind the first place Caps. To put it another way, Carolina had two less regular season wins than the Caps. 

Anyway, you can keep complaining. You can also keep being wrong about the quality of the teams in the playoffs and how tough it is to win a cup.  

That was a bad missed call. Pretty obvious it was a hand pass. But in the 2nd period, Perron cleared the puck over the glass from his own zone. The officials got together and didn’t call what should have been an automatic penalty. Perron scores about a minute later, when he should have been in the box. The missed call in OT will get all the attention, but there may not have been OT had they not blown a call in the 2nd.  

7 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

That was a bad missed call. Pretty obvious it was a hand pass. But in the 2nd period, Perron cleared the puck over the glass from his own zone. The officials got together and didn’t call what should have been an automatic penalty. Perron scores about a minute later, when he should have been in the box. The missed call in OT will get all the attention, but there may not have been OT had they not blown a call in the 2nd.  

Except one blown call is a penalty and the other is a goal to win a game in overtime.  These are not on the same level of missed calls.

30 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Except one blown call is a penalty and the other is a goal to win a game in overtime.  These are not on the same level of missed calls.

I can’t argue with that. I’m just saying had the refs made the call in the 2nd, they probably wouldn’t have been in that spot to miss that call in OT. It was a poor job by the officials on missing what should have been easy and obvious calls.

16 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

I can’t argue with that. I’m just saying had the refs made the call in the 2nd, they probably wouldn’t have been in that spot to miss that call in OT. It was a poor job by the officials on missing what should have been easy and obvious calls.

I agree with that.  Someone should be taken off duty for that.

1 hour ago, Redskin4ever said:

Anyone see this glove save Ovechkin made?

In the next NHL All Star game, one of the skills competitions should be have some of the skaters dress as a goalie and have the goalies dress as skaters and then do a shootout.

I just got back from the game because if playoff hockey is in my neighborhood, I want to go. Carolina was just outplayed all night by Boston. Just complete domination from start to finish. My friend who is a big Hurricanes fan said he sort of wished it had been the Caps playing the Bruins because they wouldn’t let Boston push them around. Obviously I wish that were the case too, but from a hockey stand point he is right.

They also called about 8 hand passes during the game. Including one late that wiped away a Boston empty netter. Clearly the NHL told both the refs to be on the lookout for that call.   

I did run into Doc Emrick at the game. I literally almost ran into him before the game as I was heading to the concession stand and he was heading back to the booth to get ready to start the broadcast. He is so small.

But you know who is not small? Mike Millbury. And that guy was eating between every period. We were just one section over from the makeshift booth they had. I swear every time I looked up there he was eating something else.

For the past 2 seasons, the team scheduled to play the defending Stanley Cup Champion at the start of the regular season on the night of the banner raising ceremony, has at least made it to the Stanley Cup Finals, such as Washington last year visiting Pittsburgh and Boston this year visiting Washington.  If Boston wins it all this year, then it might be tempting to place a wager in Las Vegas next trip on whoever their opponent is during the banner raising ceremony next season to win it all.

Archived