Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

6 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

He probably shoulda built a bridge across that river during infrastructure week.

Why?  He probably floats like a fishing bobber. 

• Haha 3

I find it funny that the GOP is so certain that Trump will win, yet they have to throw every lie, scheme, crime and excuse at the wall to make it happen. Whatever, the maga chuds I know are already screaming about "secret ballots" and "midnight dumps". Unless they fix the real problem, they'll never win again and I'm all for it.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

I find it funny that the GOP is so certain that Trump will win, yet they have to throw every lie, scheme, crime and excuse at the wall to make it happen. Whatever, the maga chuds I know are already screaming about "secret ballots" and "midnight dumps". Unless they fix the real problem, they'll never win again and I'm all for it.

If the Dems win everything in 24, they likely lose one chamber or both in 26. Then in 28 after 8 years of Dem rule, gop

wins presidency if their candidate isn’t a nut job.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If the Dems win everything in 24, they likely lose one chamber or both in 26. Then in 28 after 8 years of Dem rule, gop

Thank you for this incredibly insightful prognostication. 

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Thank you for this incredibly insightful prognostication. 

Whenever I'm feeling depressed about the state of our nation, I look at his predictions for the future. Then I look at his success rate.

It really helps.

• Haha 7

The Real Tragedy Is That Most Trump Supporters Aren’t Stupid

It's time we stopped giving adult human beings the benefit of the doubt, simply because we think they're not smart enough not to be fooled by religious shysters, fake news peddlers, and political snake oil salesmen.

Ignorance is not a compelling argument.

We’ve all heard the theories for the past eight years: people still supporting Donald Trump are somehow victims of the partisan media and Evangelical alternate reality that they’ve been raised in and are still captives of. They’re continually surrounded  by fake news and false stories, and so they aren’t bad people they just aren’t seeing what we are seeing and we need to be more understanding.

This just isn’t acceptable anymore.

There simply isn’t a sufficient excuse for being an adult so sheltered from facts and so truth-deprived that you can’t see Trump’s complete sociopathy and you can’t discern the existential threat he and his party are to this nation.

These people aren’t being asked to dig beneath some complex, brilliantly crafted ruse perpetrated by Conservative media and religious conglomerates working in concert. If you can simply read Trump’s own social media feed and not be fully disgusted to the point of vomiting, you either aren’t a reasonable human being or you are willingly choosing to engage in wild intellectual and theological gymnastics in order to avoid a reality that makes you uncomfortable, and to intentionally avoid some really vile stuff that no one is even attempting to conceal anymore.

I’m fully convinced that nearly everyone still supporting Donald Trump knows he is a reprehensible human being and guilty of high crimes against this nation—but they simply can’t admit to themselves or anyone else they made a mistake and so they are doubling down again and again.

Click on the link for more

26 minutes ago, China said:

It's time we stopped giving adult human beings the benefit of the doubt, simply because we think they're not smart enough not to be fooled by religious shysters, fake news peddlers, and political snake oil salesmen.

We’ve all heard the theories for the past eight years: people still supporting Donald Trump are somehow victims of the partisan media and Evangelical alternate reality that they’ve been raised in and are still captives of. They’re continually surrounded  by fake news and false stories, and so they aren’t bad people they just aren’t seeing what we are seeing and we need to be more understanding.

There simply isn’t a sufficient excuse for being an adult so sheltered from facts and so truth-deprived that you can’t see Trump’s complete sociopathy and you can’t discern the existential threat he and his party are to this nation.

These people aren’t being asked to dig beneath some complex, brilliantly crafted ruse perpetrated by Conservative media and religious conglomerates working in concert. If you can simply read Trump’s own social media feed and not be fully disgusted to the point of vomiting, you either aren’t a reasonable human being or you are willingly choosing to engage in wild intellectual and theological gymnastics in order to avoid a reality that makes you uncomfortable, and to intentionally avoid some really vile stuff that no one is even attempting to conceal anymore.

I’m fully convinced that nearly everyone still supporting Donald Trump knows he is a reprehensible human being and guilty of high crimes against this nation—but they simply can’t admit to themselves or anyone else they made a mistake and so they are doubling down again and again.

This isn't aimed at you, but can we stop trying to measure the psyche/intelligence of Trump supporters? Forrest Gump had it dead on: "Stupid is, as stupid does". I don't care if you have an I.Q. of 150, if you're shoving horse dewormer up your ass or drinking your own piss, to fit in...you're an idiot.

I saw this one clip where a Trump supporter said something along the lines of "I'm not an idiot, I'm a judge". My first thought wasn't "Oh he's a judge? Cool, he's smart". I thought to myself, "This idiot absolutely should not be a judge".

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

You very well could be right, but I don't think the GOP is ready to take the exit ramp off the Trump highway quite yet. Once he is gone, I think they're going to have a lot of "Trump Clones" to deal with for some time. If that is the case, I see the Dems continuing to buck the trends of the incumbent party losing the House and Senate.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, China said:

I'm convinced that a large number of Trumpies like him simply because he is entertaining and brings drama to their otherwise drab lives. Who didn't laugh heartily when he referred to Jeb Bush as "Low-Energy Jeb" and Elizabeth Warren as "Pocahontas"? He gets away with saying things normal politicians would lose their careers for...because he's not judged as being a politician.

But they're also hypocrites...the same misogynistic behaviors Trump is accused of, which his followers ignorantly gloss over, would be unacceptable if he were a Democrat...just look at how these people rail against the misogynistic Bill Clinton.

At the end of the day, Trump is popular because he appeals to fear, a base emotion. In fact, I think Trump might as well go ahead and adopt the Winnie the Pooh song "Heffalumps and Woozles" to describe his followers' fear of immigrants:

They're black, they're brown, they're up, they're down
They're in, they're out, they're all about

They're far, they're near, they're gone, they're here
They're quick and slick, they're insincere

Beware, beware
Be a very wary bear

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

On 4/26/2024 at 2:29 PM, China said:

This article dances around the truth but somehow misses it. He’s right that many of them aren’t stupid, but they aren’t on the Tя☭mp train because they’re overlooking his racism, misogyny, and homophobia, and so on. They support him because of it. What they are willing to overlook to make sure the blacks, women, gays, etc. are controlled and kept down is his complete lack of morals, qualifications, and judgment to be POTUS. That’s roughly a third of voters, which is depressing enough, but there’s also another 15ish % that don’t agree with some or all of those things but aren’t sufficiently horrified by them that they’re willing to vote for him anyway for some other reason. 

On 4/26/2024 at 6:02 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

He probably won’t even be mentally functioning then.

He hasn’t been mentally functioning for decades, maybe ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 4

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Since when is it legal to send death threats??

Since it's legal for Republicans to do anything.  

If there's Republicans on the jury.  

Just ask every Republican in Washington who voted to acquit Donald Trump.  

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1