Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

You have to understand anyone that doesn't align with Trump (i.e. Hogan) is just a "RINO" and will be mercilessly targeted by Orange Man and his friends. That's why they only want one type of Republican, those that cater to their liege

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

You have to understand anyone that doesn't align with Trump (i.e. Hogan) is just a "RINO" and will be mercilessly targeted by Orange Man and his friends. That's why they only want one type of Republican, those that cater to their liege

I don't care whether they cater to Trump. (In fact, I'd prefer if they do. Might cost them power. Maybe.)

I care whether they support evil.

Ron DeSantis isn't positioning himself to support Trump. He's positioning himself to be worse.  

And a whole lot of people are supporting him, some more quietly than others, precisely because of that. They see "more evil, without Trump's baggage" as both being positives. 

I think focusing on Trump is a grave mistake. 

Just as, I think looking at Jan6 and seeing Trump and people in funny costumes, is a mistake. 

They were the distraction. The real evil was taking place on the floor of the Senate. And it involved hundreds, thousands, of people. Working together, for over a month. And with no shortage whatsoever of people who were willing to be a small contributor. 

Mitch McConnell was in on it, and working towards it, a month before the election.

• Like 1

I’m not at all on bored with the idea that 99% of these people are talking ****. Most of the people who attacked the Capital weren’t serious either, until they were. They say that themselves in their own trials. 

And I think there is a huge difference between protesting the government and the threatening  to kill government workers. I see their threats as exactly that. They are not coy about their intent. 

• Thumb up 1

MAGA Fanatics Have a New Enemy: ‘TINOs’ — Trump In Name Only

In a banquet hall in suburban Detroit, Mark Forton railed against a gathering of “RINOs” 12 miles south of where he stood. The former chair of the Macomb County Republicans, ousted in a raucous coup back in April, asserted his rightful control of the party to the 300 loyalists, many clad in Make America Great Again apparel. His county convention, Forton said, was the “real” county party meeting to select delegates to send to the state convention at the end of the month.

Forton’s assertions meant little to the Michigan Republican Party, which vowed to only recognize the dueling convention taking place elsewhere in the county, which has for decades been a national bellwether examined as an indicator of white middle America. Eric Castiglia, the chair who replaced Forton, took the stage at a different banquet hall and spoke of unity to the crowd that was mostly free of MAGA paraphernalia. But Rep. Lisa McClain (R-Mich.) arrived at the event fresh from Trump’s golf course at Bedminster, where the former president had huddled with some GOP lawmakers the day after the FBI searched his residence at Mar-A-Lago. “What that man has had to go through is disgusting,” she told the room. (Her words landed just as the Washington Post reported the FBI had searched the former president’s residence in pursuit of, among other national secrets, documents related to nuclear weapons.)

When the gathering adjourned around 8:15 that evening, Castiglia handed me his phone to speak with Matt DePerno, the Trump-backed attorney general candidate who rose to acclaim clinging tightly to the Big Lie. Castiglia then offered to put me on the phone with Trump himself (an offer that, unfortunately, never materialized, whether due to distraction from Castiglia’s admirers or better judgment).

If this was the “RINO” convention, one would be hard-pressed to explain why.

And yet, even as this was the locus of Trump-adjacent GOP power in this critical county, attendance there was dwarfed by that a few miles north at Forton’s unauthorized gathering. Never mind that Forton had been removed from the leadership of the party because he was too fixated on relitigating the 2020 election in a moment when Republicans in the swing state had been desperate to bring independent voters back into the fold. Those who support Forton’s ousting are decidedly Trumpian, but in the eyes of Big Liars, they are, to use a term I heard reporting at the state convention in the spring, “TINOs” — Trump in Name Only.

Click on the link for the full article

10 hours ago, GhostofSparta said:

While Donny boy loves any and all adoration of his cult, I'm betting he's a little less than thrilled at so many poors being near his property.

I don’t do twitter so not sure this is real, probably fake.

Edit* I see now where it says Parody.

3DE737F8-FDB2-4FD3-ABCD-B6F54F9857FB.jpeg

Edited by CobraCommander

4 hours ago, Larry said:

I don't care whether they cater to Trump. (In fact, I'd prefer if they do. Might cost them power. Maybe.)

I care whether they support evil.

Ron DeSantis isn't positioning himself to support Trump. He's positioning himself to be worse.  

And a whole lot of people are supporting him, some more quietly than others, precisely because of that. They see "more evil, without Trump's baggage" as both being positives. 

I think focusing on Trump is a grave mistake. 

Just as, I think looking at Jan6 and seeing Trump and people in funny costumes, is a mistake. 

They were the distraction. The real evil was taking place on the floor of the Senate. And it involved hundreds, thousands, of people. Working together, for over a month. And with no shortage whatsoever of people who were willing to be a small contributor. 

Mitch McConnell was in on it, and working towards it, a month before the election.

Yeah, unfortunately I’ve also had a front row view of DeSantis’ ****ery.  I’m extremely worried he is a perfect candidate to do all the stuff Trump and/or his supporters wanted to do but couldn’t, because at the end of the day Trump is a moron who can’t get out of his own way. DeSantis doesn’t have that problem and he’s perfectly happy to go full authoritarian to get the power he wants. He scares me quite a bit.

• Like 2

:ols:

President Biden should immediately offer Trump an unconditional pardon

We, the public, still know very little about what prompted the search of former President Donald Trump’s home in Mar-a-Largo. Only the search warrant and a list of the items seized have been released so far, while the affidavit that convinced a judge to issue the search warrant remains classified. However, given the unprecedented search, we must assume that President Trump may face numerous crimes by the very administration he is expected to face in the 2024 election.

To avert the catastrophe of being prosecuted by his political opponent, President Joe Biden should immediately offer Trump an unconditional pardon – and announce that he will not seek re-election.

Given the legitimate fear of societal violence that could follow an indictment of President Trump, I really cannot imagine that we as a society would not be best served with a pardon that would prevent such upheaval.

Even if Trump did indeed commit some of the most serious crimes possible under the Espionage Act, there is no reality in which the vast majority of his supporters will view his prosecution as anything other than a partisan witch hunt. The Democrats, who insist that he be impeached and brought to justice, would sacrifice what is undoubtedly in the best interest of the nation as a whole to get the satisfaction of seeing Trump impeached.

But the pardon is not enough. President Biden must accompany his offer of pardon with the announcement that he will not seek a second term. President Biden’s resignation at the end of his term is already something the vast majority of the public wants, even within the Democratic Party. But that would also immediately undermine any accusations that Biden offering Trump a pardon was a calculated political maneuver to benefit himself.

The President should state that while the pardon he is offering Trump is unconditional, he still hopes his predecessor will follow him in ending his bid for political office and choosing instead to seek new leadership in the country Making room – something that the majorities of both parties agree on is necessary.

Click on the link for more

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

President Biden’s resignation at the end of his term is already something the vast majority of the public wants, even within the Democratic Party.

Rick Schindler is completely out of touch with reality. Vast majority? 🙄

Bidens not gonna resign or pardon Trump. At this point he's gotta seriously be thinking of a second term. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I agree with the rest of your post, but you're stretching it here.  I don't know wtf we're gonna do, but it can't be Joe.2 (hey, that's almost a lyric)  :ols:

Hey I didn't say I was a great idea. Just that after the last month or so Bidens gotta be seriously considering it. 😆

I've said plenty of times he should go the James K Polk route n try to accomplish as much as he can in one term. 🤓

• Like 1

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

Hey I didn't say I was a great idea. Just that after the last month or so Bidens gotta be seriously considering it. 😆

I've said plenty of times he should go the James K Polk route n try to accomplish as much as he can in one term. 🤓

As for that, he's doin' it, doin' it, doin' it well...

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, China said:

:ols:

President Biden should immediately offer Trump an unconditional pardon

We, the public, still know very little about what prompted the search of former President Donald Trump’s home in Mar-a-Largo. Only the search warrant and a list of the items seized have been released so far, while the affidavit that convinced a judge to issue the search warrant remains classified. However, given the unprecedented search, we must assume that President Trump may face numerous crimes by the very administration he is expected to face in the 2024 election.

To avert the catastrophe of being prosecuted by his political opponent, President Joe Biden should immediately offer Trump an unconditional pardon – and announce that he will not seek re-election.

Given the legitimate fear of societal violence that could follow an indictment of President Trump, I really cannot imagine that we as a society would not be best served with a pardon that would prevent such upheaval.

Even if Trump did indeed commit some of the most serious crimes possible under the Espionage Act, there is no reality in which the vast majority of his supporters will view his prosecution as anything other than a partisan witch hunt. The Democrats, who insist that he be impeached and brought to justice, would sacrifice what is undoubtedly in the best interest of the nation as a whole to get the satisfaction of seeing Trump impeached.

But the pardon is not enough. President Biden must accompany his offer of pardon with the announcement that he will not seek a second term. President Biden’s resignation at the end of his term is already something the vast majority of the public wants, even within the Democratic Party. But that would also immediately undermine any accusations that Biden offering Trump a pardon was a calculated political maneuver to benefit himself.

The President should state that while the pardon he is offering Trump is unconditional, he still hopes his predecessor will follow him in ending his bid for political office and choosing instead to seek new leadership in the country Making room – something that the majorities of both parties agree on is necessary.

Click on the link for more

This is ridiculous, but I’ll play along.  The deal is heavily one sided.  Trump is a traitor to America.  He also selected three Supreme Court Justices.  All three are removed and replaced by Biden.  Trump leaves the country never to return.  Everyone in his orbit, including his children, is fair game for prosecution. I’d think about that deal.  Trump would definitely take it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Unless he’s in poor health; of course he’s running.

Think is, all those gop house investigations are bound to hurt him a little. He could well

get a primary challenge.  

Once again, you're ahead of real life...please don't say you're one of those 800-number psychics?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Unless he’s in poor health; of course he’s running.

Think is, all those gop house investigations are bound to hurt him a little. He could well

get a primary challenge.  

He’d lose in a landslide to Kermit the Frog

21 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

He’d lose in a landslide to Kermit the Frog

You'd have to define landslide.  I didn't consider Trump or Biden's margin (which were the same) to be a landslide. I didn't even really consider Obama's 2012 win to be one. IMO, you have to get over 350 EVs to be a landslide. As divided as this country is, I don't think you're gonna see that for some time.

I don't want Biden to run again and think him being 82 in 2024 is going to be his greatest liability to the public.  But as far as the country right now is bedeviled by inflation, we could be looking at a different landscape in '24.  And if the opponent is Trump?  I think Trump would likely win a rematch, but not by much more than he beat Hillary in 2016. And I don't know if there's any scenario where Trump could win the popular vote.

6 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

You'd have to define landslide.  I didn't consider Trump or Biden's margin (which were the same) to be a landslide. I didn't even really consider Obama's 2012 win to be one. IMO, you have to get over 350 EVs to be a landslide. As divided as this country is, I don't think you're gonna see that for some time.

I don't want Biden to run again and think him being 82 in 2024 is going to be his greatest liability to the public.  But as far as the country right now is bedeviled by inflation, we could be looking at a different landscape in '24.  And if the opponent is Trump?  I think Trump would likely win a rematch, but not by much more than he beat Hillary in 2016. And I don't know if there's any scenario where Trump could win the popular vote.

You do realize that Kermit is a national hero like captain america. Almost all Americans were raised on the song “Rainbow Connection”….he’s he’d be bigger than Elvis if it wasn’t for Ms Piggy.

Trump wouldn’t want to run.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1