Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vaya Con Dios, Manny! The plight of the 2018 Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

That was a great game,, watched from about the 3rd on.

Good to see Manny break out with a couple of homers and it is ALWAYS nice to chase big CC from the game.

Gausmann pitched well, he needed to.

Givens was tremendous,, not just his awesome play at the plate, but he faced down their biggest and best and left them spinning. He was throwing smoke.

Surprised Adam didn't get tossed right before the grand slam..  nice of MASN to get those cameras in close while he was griping :)

Hope they got enough sleep.. but i have a feeling it may rain out today.

Now lets go have us a season!

~Bang

1 hour ago, Bang said:

That was a great game,, watched from about the 3rd on.

Good to see Manny break out with a couple of homers and it is ALWAYS nice to chase big CC from the game.

Gausmann pitched well, he needed to.

Givens was tremendous,, not just his awesome play at the plate, but he faced down their biggest and best and left them spinning. He was throwing smoke.

Surprised Adam didn't get tossed right before the grand slam..  nice of MASN to get those cameras in close while he was griping :)

Hope they got enough sleep.. but i have a feeling it may rain out today.

Now lets go have us a season!

~Bang

Yeah, even in a season that appears to be .500 AT BEST, it's fun to go into NY and do that to the Yankees. This team still stirs me when they win...there's a magic there that's fainter than it was in 2012 and 2014, but it's still there. We still only score when we hit HRs, so I don't see this as sustainable...but it's fun to win. 

For some reason, I was SHOCKED that the umps came back from that review and held up that Didi was out at the plate. Speaking of which, that guy wears us out! 

Anyway, we can't lose this series which is wonderful given the first two of the season...I'd love to grab one of the next two. I hope they don't rain out today since they are reeling more than we are with the pen and some injuries! 

Ump's strike zone sort of sucked that inning. Didn't like that third strike to Manny, if it's below the knees it isn't a strike.  The K Zone even showed the majority of the ball was out of the zone.  Non sequitor, but why do TV stations show that box if it is not utilized during the game?  Just to show how stupid the umps are?  Automated strike zone needs to happen.

Decent outing by Tillman but I just don't trust him anymore.  He lacks control and runs out of steam rather quickly.  Leaves balls up too much.

Case in point, that full count pitch to Gardner was almost right down the middle and it was called a ball.  He walks to lead of the inning and scores on Judge's double.  That's huge.  These umpire's incompetence are changing the outcome of games.  It turns off fans like me.  Baseball needs to change man.

Just now, pjfootballer said:

Tillman will be our #5 when Cobb is ready and I’d be ok with that. He went 5.1 today. I’d take that out of my 5, especially after going 14 the night before.

I’d be good with 3 of 4 if we can win tomorrow. 

In two starts Tillman's line is. 9 1/3 innings, 9 runs (all earned),15 hits, 8 walks, 3 Ks. He shouldn't be on the team any more,  

1 hour ago, pjfootballer said:

The alternative is Mike Wright. He’s been garbage too. Choose your poison. 

In Tillman's last 102 innings, he's given up 91 earned runs. I will take the alternative at this point every time. 

11 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Po”tay”to - Po“tah”to

I’d rather Harvey get a shot, but he’s not ready.

Based on what Buck said, barring a collapse by Harvey, we will see him sometime after July. 

2 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Um...yeah. Wright was horrible in ST. Nothing has changed. 

Wright has been horrible since 2015. He gave up a run, but Tanner Scott's stuff impressed me. 95 with a nice slider.

Would be great to pull this one out.

Archived