Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vaya Con Dios, Manny! The plight of the 2018 Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The problem here is that Davis' hitting skills altogether have gone off a cliff.  He's terrible.  If he was able to hit .250 his on base would be a respectable .350.  He will struggle to hit .200 this year at this rate.

This is my main point. He’s just awful at the plate. Maybe his stats show he’s more disciplined than others on the team, but watching his at bats are dreadful. I don’t see any value of hitting him in the spot that gets the most at bats.

Overall I agree there aren’t many good options for that spot in the lineup. But Davis isn’t the answer.

I didn't see any of the game, so they sat Davis against the lefty, they pinch hit him and he struck out anyway?

But this bullpen better get it together.  Six games in, and O'Day is the only one that hasn't given up a run. And this rule 5 Araujo cat doesn't look ready for prime time.

Yeah, Chris Davis is one of the worst signings this team has ever made.  I was worried when we gave him that contract and I was right.  One can only hope that when Trumbo returns to the lineup it provides a much needed boost.  But yeah, we are going to need to trade away Jones and Machado at the least.  

I think the O's are in good shape moving forward when it comes to their rotation. Tillman and Wright will be gone soon enough and we will see a rookie like Harvey or Akin step up later this year. 

The biggest issue to me going forward is the left side of the infield. It's why I was annoyed they didn't draft the UNC SS over DL Hall. The O's likely have no one in the minors that will end up playing well on that side. Beckham is not the answer at third base and Manny will be gone soon. 

2 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

That Chris Davis contract looking worse and worse by the day.  That dude is completely lost.  Needs to go back on adderall or whatever it was he was taking when he was actually a threat to make contact with the ball. 

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Yeah, Chris Davis is one of the worst signings this team has ever made.  I was worried when we gave him that contract and I was right.  One can only hope that when Trumbo returns to the lineup it provides a much needed boost.  But yeah, we are going to need to trade away Jones and Machado at the least.  

I didn't understand the Davis signing once they had traded for Trumbo and the best prospects in the O's system were at first base. What makes it worse was compounding the mistake when they signed Trumbo. O's would be in much better shape right now if Mancini was full time DH but able to back up first and OF while having more defensive speed in the outfield. 

This all goes back to the problem of some in the O's organization not thinking beyond the year in front of them. 

Minor league seasons start tonight except for Norfolk. I’ll be following Hays, Mullins, Stewart, Akin, Harvey, Scott and Mountcastle (when healthy again). 

Hopefully we will have some surprises and some strong starts that force the O’s hand to get more young guys up to the show.

5 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Well today is the last day of my DirecTV MLB preview, so I guess I'll tune in assuming the game isn't postponed. I just wanna see 5 or more runs scored.

Mine too. It will be scoreboard watching and the occasional ESPN/MLB game for me.

if Aaron Judge could throw the ball, this could have been a different inning. Woof. 

Big inning! Finally! 

2 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Trey bien, Boom Boom!

Looks to be taking that lead off spot and running with it tonight. Great approach. 

Archived