Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vaya Con Dios, Manny! The plight of the 2018 Orioles


Spaceman Spiff

Recommended Posts

Adam “Bomb” to win it.

 

I know I’m late. Was at work and then the gym. Recorded the game. Just got done watching. A few observations:

 

1. Great quality start from Bundy. Need more of that all season from the starters.

 

2. Roster is STILL top heavy. Not a lot of speed. 

 

3. Buck played small ball in ST, but is afraid to in the RS. Caleb played small ball twice and it was nice (triple in the gap and bunt)

 

4. WTF Brad? Seriously! First game and you can’t get it done. The first person to say “trade Zach” should get a foot up their ass. Good closers ARE valuable and not a dime a dozen.

 

5. Feel for Bundy. The win was his. Should’ve never gotten to extras.

 

6. Still enjoying the win on Opening Day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great win.  Harder than it needed to be.

 

Really impressed with Bundy.  I know when he was coming up he was throwing high 90s but even if he's at 92-93 right now it doesn't matter if he can locate and spin his breaking stuff like he did today.  

 

He had some starts like this last year, he also had some starts where he got bombed.  Just needs to be more consistent and he can be a top of the rotation starter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

He had some starts like this last year, he also had some starts where he got bombed.  Just needs to be more consistent and he can be a top of the rotation starter.

 

One thing to remember is this is the first time he’s allowed to pitch the way he wants and without restrictions. 

 

The team was 16-12 in his starts last year. I think he will have an even better number this year.

 

(Gaus 16-18, Miley 14-17, Ubaldo 13-18, Tillman 8-11, Hellickson 4-6, Asher 1-5, Ynoa 2-4. Woof.) 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

 

One thing to remember is this is the first time he’s allowed to pitch the way he wants and without restrictions. 

 

The team was 16-12 in his starts last year. I think he will have an even better number this year.

 

(Gaus 16-18, Miley 14-17, Ubaldo 13-18, Tillman 8-11, Hellickson 4-6, Asher 1-5, Ynoa 2-4. Woof.) 

 

 

 

I hope so, but he was also the luckiest pitcher in the majors last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

 

I hope so, but he was also the luckiest pitcher in the majors last year.

 

I know he had a lower than average Babip and pitched better than some of his numbers indicate. 

 

But Bundy’s “cutter” (slutter) is something to behold. Not because it zips across the zone like Scherzer, but because it’s indistinguishable from his fastball until the last few feet. It’s like they’ve put a hamster tunnel from his hand to 6 feet from the plate. That means more weak fly balls as guys can’t barrel it.

 

When that pitch isn’t working, he gets hit hard. That’s probably why he had so many 0,1,2 ER starts and several 6 and 7s on the board. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pjfootballer said:

I understand the off day at the beginning of the season to account for early season bad weather, but why not put the off day in between series instead of interrupting a series? Takes the steam out of opening day with an immediate off day.

 

How about a few years ago when the O's started in Tampa and they still had that damn off day?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...