Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another Scool shooting, this time closer to home: St. Mary's MD

gbear

A dog died because he was shoved in an overhead bin, and already their is legislation proposed to prevent that.

Yet we are supposed to sit back and wait for gun control legislation while our children get slaughtered.

This is my high school. I'm at home just 6 miles away right now, police and ambulance sirens everywhere.

I have five younger cousins in this school right now.

It's damn near impossible to find out what the latest is. Best I can tell, the event has been contained, two fatalities (one is the shooter).

For some odd reason they bussed students over to the neighboring high school, Leonardtown HS. I can't wrap my head around the security and logistics of that.

It's ridiculous, right? 

I hate this crop of legislators, sweeping activities with Russia under the rug if not outright complicit, marching to the NRA drum, giving our treasure to the wealthy and corporations, and plunging this country deeper into debt.

My grandfather was a taxidermist, hunter, sportsman club officer, and a city Alderman who was a lifelong Republican. He wouldn't recognize these Republicans now. 

5 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

This is my high school. I'm at home just 6 miles away right now, police and ambulance sirens everywhere.

I have five younger cousins in this school right now.

It's damn near impossible to find out what the latest is. Best I can tell, the event has been contained, two fatalities (one is the shooter).

For some odd reason they bussed students over to the neighboring high school, Leonardtown HS. I can't wrap my head around the security and logistics of that.

Hope your family is safe, Metalhead.

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Yeah, it’s been tough to get any info on this.

Make no mistake, this is the BEST case scenario if we don’t do something about guns.

I cant wait for the "well it was only a couple of kids so......."

Our politicians are ****ing cowards.

All of my family members are safe.

The oldest was able to escape to her car with some friends. One was locked down in his classroom, the other was locked down in the library, and another cousin was in the cafeteria. I forgot the fifth just graduated last year.

It was either the security guard or shooter that died. It sounds like it happened in a main hallway. The guard tried to stop the shooter as it unfolded. Two or three students were bystanders/caught in the crossfire.

Once it was secured, they bussed kids to Leonardtown for parents to pick them up, but they are apparently screening or interviewing all students there and not allowing them to be picked up by their parents.

It's difficult to accurately update these kind of events, and at this point we all know the same information. The reports keep changing but luckily it's been downgraded each time.

Three injured (all three critical? TBD), zero fatalities now.

The FBI was at the other school performing an investigation, which was delaying/preventing parents from picking up their children.

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

I think Bang lives down that way too.

And works for local news. we've been all over it and had people on the scene as police arrived.

Details are still very sketchy, but if i had to guess (TOTAL GUESS based on what i am hearing, and there are a LOT of reports floating around) I'd guess it was a lover's spat.

Apparently the school Resource Officer shot the shooter..  but again, sketchy details. I have heard that no one was killed, i have heard two people were killed. It is very difficult to get straight info at the moment. I am now hearing again there is a fatality, but again, totally unconfirmed.

I work for www.thebaynet.com 

I would recommend to any locals who need info to check our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/thebaynet/

We are doing live updates throughout. There is a press conference at 1PM and we should be carrying it live on our facebook page.

I say 'should be' because i am in the office manning the fort while news teams are out, and it's their call how to handle it.

Our site has been HAMMERED and it has caused us some issues but all seems good at the moment..

~Bang

Didn't go to GMHS, went to Chopticon instead, but had a few friends that did go there. Some still have younger siblings at the school, so I'm reading updates every few minutes. I can't imagine what they're going through.

My cousin is a probation officer who worked in that area until a couple of years ago. He's been quite outspoken about the need for gun reform for the last couple of years, but he is outright pissed today. He still knows a few seniors at that school, and he is going off on social media right now. This went from a principled stand to personal for him in a hurry, and I don't blame him.

I can't imagine going to high school today, this is awful.

Glad your family is okay Metalhead, and hoping everyone else's is too.

As others have said, this was probably about as contained as could be hoped for.  SRO intercepted quickly and engaged successfully.  Hoping others pull through and there are no fatalities.

4 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Glad your family is okay Metalhead, and hoping everyone else's is too.

As others have said, this was probably about as contained as could be hoped for.  SRO intercepted quickly and engaged successfully.  Hoping others pull through and there are no fatalities.

Thank you. I agree, this was as close to the best outcome possible (no injuries whatsoever being the best, of course).

Archived