Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 ES GMs Mock Draft is complete!

Epochalypse

9 hours ago, Epochalypse said:

Again if I'm going to say Chase Roullier was worth trading up for, I should actually have to complete that trade, i.e. this year give my Browns 6th rounder to the Steelers, because I SAID LAST YEAR I WOULD. .....

Ok. As you keep mentioning me, to add to your conceited B/S, I'm now not only now going to call the integrity of the draft into question with the above, I'm going to call YOUR integrity out and call you a flat out liar. That's now FIVE times you've repeated that when there's absolutely ZERO evidence of it. 

Below is every post you had in last years draft pertaining to the above. And NOWHERE do you state you intend/ agreed to carry over that 6th into this year's draft. Through 13 related posts. Unless you expect us all to believe this was agreed via a secret PM. To compound this, you then use this B/S in your zeal to boot me from this year's draft through something that hasn't even happened yet (No. I didn't 'withdraw.' I said I would IF you went ahead with only honouring one move and no others I would as it wouldn't be fair to 30 other teams and would completely go against the integrity/ spirit of everything. What you 'intend' to do and what has actually 'happened' to this point are two unrelated things. But you decided to be an ass and remove me regardless. Your prerogative I guess Comish.). 

And as for the 'lack of accountability' B/S ..... It was explained until I was blue in the face the Cowboys were well-placed cap wise (with facts and figures) through last years draft, and that even if those moves had been carried forward we'd still have had 5 picks this draft (Rnd 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7), before the 4 comp. picks that were recently awarded which would have left me with a 9 pick draft had we carried everything over. Woe me and the Cowboys 'future.' And a further 6 picks in 2019. (Round 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.). The only person narked by all that, after the complete irony of VERY readily trading out of first for a bounty of picks you're readily happy to show in your draft result, was you. Sound when you take away. But what, he's getting a few picks back later in the draft higher! We CAN'T be having that! 

Why you've decided to take this line heck only knows but your motives are as transparent as can be. Which is a real shame as for three years this was real fun for all concerned. Now you've gone turned it into the FURTHEST thing from that. Congratulations. 

Feel free to double check this yourself. Last 28 pages from 66 through 94: 2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP. - The Stadium - Extremeskins

The last three are in ascending order. My bad. 

On 18/04/2017 at 6:58 PM, Epochalypse said:

By the way, the Browns are getting antsy and are willing to offer a 2018 6th round pick for an upcoming pick in this draft.

There's a guy I see falling that I'd like to try to get and the Browns have so many picks next year that we won't miss the 6th rounder anyway.

That's right, I'm offering a GHH special.  Nothing but words for a pick.

How can you refuse?

On 19/04/2017 at 10:47 PM, Epochalypse said:

My offer of a meaningless 2018 6th rounder for a pick in this draft still stands...

One at a time folks dont all rush me at once.

On 21/04/2017 at 9:51 AM, Epochalypse said:

I do have 2 2018 Browns 6th rounders...

And since theyre the Browns theyre more like 4th rounders.

On 21/04/2017 at 11:44 PM, Epochalypse said:

I still have Browns 2018 6th round picks available.

I know, I'm as surprised as you are...

On 22/04/2017 at 11:53 AM, Epochalypse said:

Alas, it appears my chances of securing another pick in this draft are dwindling.

Ah well. .....

On 23/04/2017 at 11:58 PM, Epochalypse said:

The guy I've been wanting to trade back in to the draft for is still out there.

And as such my offer is still on the table.

On 24/04/2017 at 12:22 AM, Epochalypse said:

It was an open offer to anyone who ran out of draftable players.

A 2018 6th rounder for a pick this year.

On 24/04/2017 at 12:57 AM, Epochalypse said:

I don't really expect anyone to trade me for a pick unless they truly feel they no longer have any draftable players and would rather walk away saying they grabbed a future Browns 6th rounder, which being the Browns has a greater than normal chance of being a high 6th rounder.

My offer wasn't specifically directed to you, but a general offer to anyone with a pick left and no names they really like to use it on.

On 24/04/2017 at 3:39 PM, Epochalypse said:

On an unrelated topic, a lot of the guys I had pegged for my UDFA list have been selected recently, with the exception of my top 2 choices.

Dylan Cole, Eric Wilson, Avery Gennesy, Jeremiah Ledbetter, Zane Gonzalez were all on my players to keep an eye on list.  Good on y'all.

But I do find it interesting that my top 2 still haven't been selected.  Maybe they go as well in the final 10 picks and I end up having no UDFA list lol.

That said, I still have that shiny 2018 6th rounder itching to find a home outside Cleveland.

Much like most of Cleveland's residents I imagine...

On 24/04/2017 at 7:44 PM, Epochalypse said:

Or you could trade me the pick for a 2018 6th rounder.

You have options.

With GHH apparently going with a DB, I know my top two are still going to be there once he's done.

PLEASE SOMEONE TRADE ME ONE OF THE REMAINING PICKS FOR MY 2018 6th ROUNDER!

On 19/09/2017 at 8:19 PM, Epochalypse said:

So here is the 2017 Cleveland Browns draft!

7/248- CHASE ROULLIER, C, Wyoming

I saw Chase falling and felt I wanted to buy on him. .....

On 25/04/2017 at 7:34 PM, Epochalypse said:

So here is the 2017 Cleveland Browns draft!

Traded Browns 2018 6th round pick to the Steelers for pick #248 in round 6. 

This was me getting antsy at the end of the draft as two players I really liked fell to the very end.  I hate the idea of trading future picks, unlike others (*cough*) but with the Browns having at the time 13 picks next draft, I was willing to do so.

7/248 - CHASE ROULLIER, C, Wyoming .....

On 24/04/2017 at 11:24 PM, Epochalypse said:

*TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT*

The Steelers have traded the current pick to the Browns for one of the Browns 2018 6th round picks.

The Browns are on the clock and the pick is coming!

Guys, please try and find some common ground here and work this out. Forgive, and move on as we are steadily approaching the lock down date. This increasing vitriol is not doing anyone any good. We all want you both to settle this so we can all get to our boards and start planning!

34 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Ranting

Read through your post, and I'll spare the rest of the GMs from having to go through that again but here's the response.

Every post you quoted me from last year says I am willing to trade a Browns 6th round pick this year for somebody's pick last year, ending with the Steelers agreeing to that arrangement.  This year, since I still have the Browns, the Browns have a 6th round pick, and the Steelers still exist, I made the decision that I can and should honor that trade and give the Browns 6th round pick to the Steelers.  I don't get why that is hard, or in your view, the end of civilization as we know it.  I personally felt I wanted to give trading up in last year's draft meaning by following through with the trade as agreed upon last year.

As I said I am not going to mandate that for all the other trades for last year because it was never in the rules of the person running last year's draft that you had to.  So I am not going to retroactively force GMs to do something they weren't required to do last year.

This year, I am running the draft and I implemented a rule that sought to limit that.  As the Commissioner, that sounds like something I should be able to do, you know, since you changed some rules to fix issues last year when you were Commissioner.  And because my rule prevented one team from abusing the system like you did last year, it suddenly became the 7th sign of the Apocalypse.  Your entire argument centered on the idea that it was unfair that you can't trade as many future picks as you want to secure higher draft picks this draft, make those higher draft picks, and then get all those future picks back the next year.  Because those folks who traded down in the draft and never got to use picks they traded down for were somehow coming out ahead.  By your own activity last year, you show that you don't believe that.  You traded 6 future picks away and received none back, so you proved that actually being able to make picks is better than "the ability to say you have future picks".

It's like you had money to buy a Honda Accord, you borrowed money from someone to go out and buy a Rolls Royce.  You then go around showing off your Rolls Royce, telling them yeah I spent $400,000 on it.  When the person who lent you the money comes to you and says "Mind if I get that $400,000 you said you'd give me" you get offended and say that's not fair.  Why should I give you the money?  You had the ability to walk around saying you received the money and that is more than enough.  You shouldn't be able to use that money to buy anything though since I plan on spending it myself.

As for your strawman argument about my concern for the Cowboys draft position, cap space, facts and figures, nice try but this argument isn't about the poor Cowboys remaining draft picks.  It's about getting picks back you said were worth giving up to trade up for Myles Garrett.  I get it, you aren't apparently the type to honor your debts.  If you were to honor your words last year, you'd give those picks you traded to the teams you traded them to and work with what you have left.  Bragging about getting Myles Garrett, then bragging about whoever you grab this year with the first you gave up, then bragging about the pick you drafted in the first next year that you gave up is ridiculous and isn't something you should be proud of.  It would be embarrassing because you'd basically be bragging about how many games you won by cheating.

And I took you at your word (which as history has shown is rather meaningless) that if I went through with passing my 6th round pick to the Steelers you would withdraw from the league in protest.  Well I intend to do so, and I have a league to run so I removed you because I have to plan towards filling out the league.  Acting like I booted you is again misrepresenting reality, which is all you seem capable of doing at this point.  If you want back in that's on you to tell me that, because the last word I got from you is that you intended to be out based on my intended actions.  If you want back in, feel free to say you didn't mean what you said, but understand if you come back in you will follow the rules I put in place and stop ****ing about feeling oppressed because I called you out for abusing the system last year.

As for making this not fun, there is only one person making this not fun and that is you, and frankly if this continues much further the offer to come back in will be rescinded completely, because running this thing is enough headache without having to deal with a petulant child that apparently isn't happy he can't cheat anymore.

Yeeeah...

I say. We set a date for the draft and then use the current state of affairs of NFL teams. The roster and picks that teams have 1 day before the mock draft starts. 

If you want to trade picks, sure. Only you can work with this years picks. No players no future picks. Cut all the crap and stick to a traditional 2018 mock draft. We make it way to complicated. 

I'm against no trades because in the past I have seen players then drop crazy far. Like a good QB fall 20 spots because no team needs him. That's not really realistic. In real life you know somebody is going to make a play for that guy then. 

@Epochalypse I don't agree with you giving away the pick this year. For only one reason. Keep things simple and use the same rules for everyone. It's just weird if you make an exception. 

But that's my personal opinion. If you want to stick with it, it's you pick. But understand that it might feel weird for other owners who traded next year's picks. 

1 minute ago, wilco_holland said:

Yeeeah...

I say. We set a date for the draft and then use the current state of affairs of NFL teams. The roster and picks that teams have 1 day before the mock draft starts. 

If you want to trade picks, sure. Only you can work with this years picks. No players no future picks. Cut all the crap and stick to a traditional 2018 mock draft. We make it way to complicated. 

I'm against no trades because in the past I have seen players then drop crazy far. Like a good QB fall 20 spots because no team needs him. That's not really realistic. In real life you know somebody is going to make a play for that guy then. 

I mostly agree here. The only thing I would say is that I don't think no trades at all was ever on the table - just no trading of future picks - which honestly I agree with. 

I did offer a compromise of allowing trading next years picks but limit it to nothing higher than a 4th rd pick. That provides some flexibility without letting someone mortgage an entire future draft away that in the end has no repercussions. But I will go with whatever he majority likes. I just enjoy the exercise of researching players and making picks when it's my turn. 

28 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

As for making this not fun, there is only one person making this not fun and that is you, and frankly if this continues much further the offer to come back in will be rescinded completely, because running this thing is enough headache without having to deal with a petulant child that apparently isn't happy he can't cheat anymore.

Cheat?!!!!! 

You jumped up lil'  ..... This is nottin' more than you making this personal toward me (as you're whole point is predicated to me apparently 'abusing the system. Forget anyone else here who made any relevant move in good faith when they never had to. They colluding in your ass backwards view here with me too? Hey, let's get rid of them all!)) and dressing it up as some B/S moral stance. 

You're that transparent you can see right through you and it stinks. 

Don't like being called out for lying to veinly justify something? Here's a thought. Don't F-ing lie to begin with! 

This started as a query and objection to only honouring one move and not the rest. You've subsequently gone on to make it personal. GTF over yourself man. You've been caught out for talking utter nonsense by claiming something you never said in last years draft any more than anyone else who made a futures trade. Simple as. 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Guys, please try and find some common ground here and work this out. Forgive, and move on as we are steadily approaching the lock down date. This increasing vitriol is not doing anyone any good. We all want you both to settle this so we can all get to our boards and start planning!

Nah. You don't when my participation mate. 

As we've now deciphered, I not only cheat and abuse the system, my word is meaningless. 

Hail. 

33 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Yeeeah...

@Epochalypse I don't agree with you giving away the pick this year. For only one reason. Keep things simple and use the same rules for everyone. It's just weird if you make an exception. 

But that's my personal opinion. If you want to stick with it, it's you pick. But understand that it might feel weird for other owners who traded next year's picks. 

We have a draft date, right now it's tentatively 26 Mar.  And roster lockdown is midnight the day prior.

And I have changed the rule to only trade current picks because the majority of the responses I've received so far suggest that is the best way forward.

Never had the intention of prohibiting all trades so you're good on that front.

As for giving the 6th round pick to the Steelers, would it make it better if I just asked skinfan2k who he wanted, take that player and then allow skinfan2k to "claim" him when discussing how well he drafted?  As for how the other owners felt, I think I know one's reaction, but I'd be open to hearing the reaction from the other two, even if it's just in a PM to me.

On 23/02/2018 at 1:35 PM, Epochalypse said:

- *NEW NEW RULE* No trading future picks.  Apparently it's "unfair" for those who trade future picks to move up, then have the pain and suffering of getting all those picks they traded to move up back the next year.  Don't ask, because I don't follow the logic either.

Are you for F real? Serious question? 

Or do you just ignore and selectively take at your leisure to carry on your charade? 

The most laughable thing is you've had all that all offered in this very thread to carry over everyone's future picks and not just selectively enhance one team. Do you think folk can't read what's actually posted? 

Keep digging. It's reflecting worse on you with every passing one. 

Hail. 

Can I just say ... I never really thought I was running a real team I thought it was supposed to be fun ... and kind of a snap shot of what you would have done in 2017 if you were the team of such and such ... If GHH was the GM of the cowboys in 2017 he would have given up the house to move up - but when you look at that draft in 2017 it should have been seen with the folly of the cowboys trading away the future .... and the browns had additional riches 

but it in reality that didn’t happen that version of events is now in the rear view  ...in an alternative world those events might have played out . But if you enforce or randomly enforce trades does it not make something already complex even more complicated ? I mean the Browns don’t actually have Chase Roullier so why should the Steelers GM get the benitifit ...

But would it not just be simpler just to start every year like a fresh slate ...? If someone really wants to give away future picks it’s is up to the other person to accept the trade ... but any future picks should be seen as a bonus just when evaluating that years draft ... 

but it that’s just my 2c 

34 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

Can I just say ... I never really thought I was running a real team I thought it was supposed to be fun ... and kind of a snap shot of what you would have done in 2017 if you were the team of such and such ... If GHH was the GM of the cowboys in 2017 he would have given up the house to move up - but when you look at that draft in 2017 it should have been seen with the folly of the cowboys trading away the future .... and the browns had additional riches 

but it in reality that didn’t happen that version of events is now in the rear view  ...in an alternative world those events might have played out . But if you enforce or randomly enforce trades does it not make something already complex even more complicated ? I mean the Browns don’t actually have Chase Roullier so why should the Steelers GM get the benitifit ...

But would it not just be simpler just to start every year like a fresh slate ...? If someone really wants to give away future picks it’s is up to the other person to accept the trade ... but any future picks should be seen as a bonus just when evaluating that years draft ... 

but it that’s just my 2c 

Thanks for the input.

I would argue that even if that were the case, to allow teams every year to trade away all their future picks this year isn't a reflection of what they'd do that year.  It's a reflection of what they'd do that year if they didn't actually lose those picks in the future.  It's very easy to say I'll trade my 1st and 2nd rounder next year when that doesn't actually happen.  A lot harder to do that when you know your draft next year is not going to be as fun because the bill would actually become due.  It's obvious by the response that GHH doesn't like the idea of giving up those picks he said he would've traded in 2017.  But he'll still claim Myles Garrett as his drafted player; a player he never gets if he doesn't give up those picks.  So while the real Cowboys don't have Garrett, GHH will claim him as his pick.

What I want to do with my 6th round pick this year is follow through with this because then I would've known going forward how comfortable I'd be trading future picks.  If I get to the 6th round and I see a player I'd like but the Steelers have the pick, I can say to myself "this is what trading back into last year's draft actually cost me" and I can compare what's available at that time to Chase.  That gives the Chase pick and trade meaning.  It gives it context.  What doesn't, in my view, give meaning is just going ahead and making my pick then saying yeah I selected "2018 6th rounder and he is now starting so I can really draft".  Instead it's the more realistic, "Damn the Steelers picked the guy I would have taken and he's now starting, maybe I'm not so eager to trade future picks."

My initial rule change simply tried to limit those; it didn't try to rewrite the rules from a draft I didn't run last year and didn't mandate anyone else do otherwise this year.  And after the tempest that GHH caused as a result and the posts of a few other GMs that mentioned they'd prefer no future trading, I acquiesced.

A 6th round pick swapping hands is all we are talking about.  It's a zero sum change to anyone else.  But again, I'm willing to talk.

Wall. Head. Bang.

I'm up regardless if you include all last years traded picks. I have a 9 pick draft this year as opposed to a 10 pick one. Just no first or second rounder. 

You post something. It gets completely ignored and spun in another direction. Couldn't make it up. 

Keep pushing this completely false narrative regardless of what's said to you. Maybe if you say it enough times the ____ will stick. 

Hail. 

Every draft should be treated as its own, self contained entity.  It should not be affected by past or future drafts.

If everyone had the same teams every year, it would be different.  But we do a new draft every year, with different people on different teams every year. 

The only way to make sure its an even playing field is to start from scratch and use the NFL's real picks as a starting off point.

An unlimited number of trades can be made by any team, but only for picks in the current draft.

That seems like the easiest, most fair way IMO.

For the sake of simplicity, I vote no trading for future picks, and no honoring of picks from past drafts.

10 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

For the sake of simplicity, I vote no trading for future picks, and no adding of picks from past drafts.

Another vote for no trading future picks.

As to your 2nd point, are you classifying me losing a 6th round pick and the Steelers gaining a 6th round pick as adding picks?  Just want to make sure I understand what you're saying, thanks.

Just now, Epochalypse said:

Another vote for no trading future picks.

As to your 2nd point, are you classifying me losing a 6th round pick and the Steelers gaining a 6th round pick as adding picks?  Just want to make sure I understand what your saying, thanks.

Whatever arrangement you (or anyone else) had last year concerning picks in this draft would not be honored. 

Blank slate with everyone starting out with the same number of picks their teams have in real life.

On 2/28/2018 at 10:00 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

That quite frankly is utterly preposterous B/S. You can't flippantly say you're 'honouring one trade.' It would completely throw the whole draft. We roll on the picks in reality until the roster's are locked down. Now you want to start 'honouring previous years future picks?' (Which is utter nonsense when it comes to this 'accountability' argument to start with IMHO as those trades are made within the context of a previous draft at that time and are accounted for at that time. By both parties involved. Just as trades within a certain years draft are.). 

If we went down that road, you'd have to carry over all the future draft picks. And follow those back in real life to make all the relevant changes. Good luck doing that. We might well be darn late starting this years draft if you did. 

This is boiling down to you not liking future picks traded as you expressed last year after you readily traded out of first. Which is sound. But don't try frame this as unfair or any future picks 'not being accounted for' as they most certainly, again, are in the context of the relevant draft and all parties involved. No trade has been made thus far in our three years which has been so out there on the trade chart the majority have voiced to veto it. Like we did the player trades. 

I'm not too bothered personally which way the majority falls on future trading. Or yourself if you're taking the decision solely. But please can we cut the B/S slurs on everyone that's made good faith future moves within a draft as somehow being unfair/ unaccountable. 

Hail. 

Gibbs. My Take on it is this. Why wouldnt you trade away your entire draft next year to get Barkley? If there is no consequence for doing so you could do it every year and get the best player in the draft to bolster your success/rating in that draft. 

If you are going to trade away your future for one guy there should be some repercussions for it. (IE. you lose the picks you traded in the previous years draft). Besides banning the trade of all future picks that is really the only fair way to do it IMO.

I do agree with you that cant enforce it now after the fact. If you had known you were going to lose those picks in this draft you wouldnt have made the trade in the first place :)

There is a consequence cls. There has been from the get go. That would NEVER happen as everyone else would stand up, rightfully complain, and vetoe it. As everyone to this point has had the right to complain on any trade. THAT has been in the rules since we started this three years ago. But nobody has bar the Browns GM. Regardless of how it was explained to him every which way through last years draft of every possible outcome being accounted for. (Cap space. Then and in the future- Check. Next two drafts being nearly a 7 team draft- Check. Best pass rusher in a generation to take a stacked young team over the top and make the move, ironically with the same Browns owner who was more than happy to get his bounty of picks, over the top- Check.). It’s absolute revisionist B/S to run with the moralistic card of ‘no accountability.’ Everyone is accountable in a particular draft for a particular move made at that time. All in context. But if you just look back without that thought and context, you can slur anyone as has been going on here. Like if you looked back at my fist draft without the context of Ajayi having the injury disclosed after we’d drafted to have him fall to the 5th round. You’d say it was a terrible pick. But add the context, to the time that pick was made, it’s no different. Aside from which as much as the B/S narrative is being pushed about me not wanting it, I’m sound with last years draft being flipped to this in terms of future picks. I’d have a 9 pick draft here and now. Down a mere 1 pick on what Dallas actually have. Shockingly bad disparity and no accountability there right?

Don’t fall for the false narrative being pushed to make a lame ass point. 

Hail.

In the interest of sticking to the "having fun" point, I offer this.

No trading future picks.

No discussing trading future picks.

GHH if he'd like resumes control of the Cowboys.

I don't pass the Browns pick to Steelers; any future postings of my 2018 draft may conveniently misplace who the Browns 6th pick was.

We move on with our lives.

I feel like I'm in the Tailgate and frankly this isn't important enough to keep pointing out the inaccuracies in GHH's posts.

@Epochalypse, @Gibbs Hog Heaven, I believe both of you are taking this way too far.

Seeing this from the outside, it seems both of you are looking at this exercice from two differents perspectives.

1 We do have GHH that is taking this as a 1 shot fun exercice, like it was supposedly be created the first time. It's a 1 year mock draft, with no implication for the years to come.

2 On the other corner, we do have Epoch that thinks that there should be some consequences about trading future picks. Which leans more toward a system where teams and owners are locked in position and carry over what happened last year. Which is not what is was supposed to be the first time.

Now, sure things can evolve, but that stuff about trading future picks did happen because GHH traded almost everything to improve its draft status. Was it illegal? No. Was it fair? Doubtful. But I tend to think that it was definately against the spirit of the rule. That was borderline, and many complained about that. So I can see the reasoning about limiting it, or removing it completly from happening. Just like we used to allow players trading at first, it quickly went out of hand. And we had to start again.

I would say the rule of allowing the trade of future picks is taking the same path as trading players as it's getting out of hand. So, if I was allowed to vote I would vote against trading them. That would make it easier and faster as sometimes guys used their 12 hour span just to find a trade partner that doesn't exist.

This being said, even if I think that willing to honor your trade from last year honors you Epoch, that is stupid in the sense that each ES Mock Draft is its own entity. That's just one pick and it would change the outcome of the draft. On the same manner I also think that our Liverpool friend is overreacting way too much on this.

There was never anything to win in such kind of exercice but bragging rights and having fun at each other's expense. Right now, neither of you is making this fun by any means. So I would strongly suggest you to:

- Ban trading of future picks.

- Keep your freaking 6th round pick, Epoch. Your honor and ego will live through that :P

- Put GHH back into Jerruh's place.

- Have fun at GHH next time he'll pick a scrub in the second round because he doesn't know much about evaluating and drafting players.

- Apologize to each other here or in PM, whatever.

Keep it fun, that's what it's supposed to be. Who cares about last year really? We're Redskins fans, the only year that mattered was 1991.

1 minute ago, Wildbunny said:

There was never anything to win in such kind of exercice but bragging rights and having fun at each other's expense. Right now, neither of you is making this fun by any means. So I would strongly suggest you to:

- Ban trading of future picks.

- Keep your freaking 6th round pick, Epoch. Your honor and ego will live through that :P

- Put GHH back into Jerruh's place.

- Have fun at GHH next time he'll pick a scrub in the second round because he doesn't know much about evaluating and drafting players.

- Apologize to each other here or in PM, whatever.

Keep it fun, that's what it's supposed to be. Who cares about last year really? We're Redskins fans, the only year that mattered was 1991.

You're timing is impeccable...

See my post above yours.

12 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

You're timing is impeccable...

See my post above yours.

Didn't planned it. You just posted as I was typing.

Now I felt like I had to do something as I didn't want both of you to get the banhammer before the start of the Mock Draft lol.

we still have to decide if we are doing a mock draft or fantasy draft.  Or maybe come up with a system of grading.

1 pt -  Maintained same amount of picks

5 pts- nailed position in selected round

3 pts- made trade with correct team

10 pts- nailed player and position in selected round

I think thats the only way to grade a team. 

you can even invert the nfl trade chart and grade teams on those point values.  

I answered you earlier that this is a mock. May have been overlooked due to other discussions though.

As for your grading, sure. We've had a number of motivated folks go through after we wrap and apply rationale to say how we did compared to other mocks, actual draft position, etc. Up to this point the elusive criteria we'd like to see is how successful we were at evaluating players based on their real performance over time. Crack that nut and now we're talking.

17 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

I can think of at least one time that unrealistic scenario has happened in the past...

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:09 PM, Redskins Reparations said:

Speaking at the NFL Combine, Giants coach Pat Shurmur said he believes Eli Manning has multiple years left as a quality starter.

Eli's yards-per-attempt average has declined in four straight years -- his 6.1 YPA mark from 2017 was Manning's lowest since his 2004 rookie year -- but both Shurmur and new GM Dave Gettleman have steadfastly supported Eli as their starter going forward. There are growing indications the Giants will not draft a quarterback at No. 2 overall, instead opting for Penn State RB Saquon Barkley, Notre Dame OL Quenton Nelson or possible trade down scenario. 

The NY Giants are now taking offers for the 2nd overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft...

What if Barkley is not there?...:ph34r:

Archived