Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JOE Gotta Go...... To Canton, HOF

SWFLSkins

That SUCKS. How the committee can pass is just indicative of not recognizing the contributions of the past. They put Russ Grimm in, and rightfully so, but IMO, Jacoby was and remains the best offensive lineman this team has ever had. If the Hogs are to be legendary, and they are, then their mainstay needs to be recognized.

how long does he have to wait for senior consideration?

~Bang

4 minutes ago, Bang said:

That SUCKS.

Good question.  Not sure if there's any cooling off period required from being a modern-era nominee so could perhaps be considered next year... /shrug

Edit: It's talked about here: http://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/selection-process-faq/

He'll be one to be considered next year as he was a finalist this year..  The whole process is outlined in the link.

5 minutes ago, Bang said:

That SUCKS. How the committee can pass is just indicative of not recognizing the contributions of the past. They put Russ Grimm in, and rightfully so, but IMO, Jacoby was and remains the best offensive lineman this team has ever had. If the Hogs are to be legendary, and they are, then their mainstay needs to be recognized.

~Bang

25 years since playing. Joe finished in 1993 so he's eligible 2018 

31 minutes ago, Bang said:

~Bang

I find it hard to let Jacoby outside of it and put Boselli in it. Not that Boselli was bad, but I believe Jacoby was better, and got better results than Boselli anyway.

At one point you have to review the evaluation process, because it really seems flawed.

It's Urlacher that irks me. He was a nice player, probably a HOFer. But did he need to be a first-ballot guy? No way. 

The fact that someone could be a voter and decide to bypass the best Hog in his final year so he could make sure Urlacher was a first-ballot Hall of Famer just proves how terrible those voters are.

Well, at least Beathard finally got his due. :) Congrats to him.

It's criminal that Jacoby has to have the senior committee put him in because the sports injits who do the voting all have stars in their eyes. They only vote for famous names, or for people who made (make) a lot of noise in the media.

A different voting system is needed.

I don’t disagree with most of the class they inducted, but they couldve let Dawkins wait a year and put Joe on that roster. The most notorious offensive line ever and only 1 member in the Hall. Whoever we have lobbying for our players is not doing their job.

Wow, absolutely sucks. Such a great guy. I thought this would certainly be the year, as he's now going to have to wait a longer time to get in as a senior member. If he lives long enough to even see it. Feel really bad for Joe. I could tell he was really wanting it bad. 

To me, the HOF has failed in only having one member of the Hogs. If they were smart, they'd induct them as a group, but Jacoby, Grimm, and probably Lachey despite having a reasonably short career deserve in.

Jacoby redefined what an offensive tackle was and looked like. His size, physicality, and movement redefined the position. For that alone, he should be in. The fact that he was a cornerstone of one of the best lines in NFL history and was a critical part of a team that won three Super Bowls just cements the farce that he isn't in.

Archived