Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

10-12% walk rate, with his defense makes him at least serviceable. I wouldn't mind an upgrade, like a certain Venezuelan Buffalo.

Would love that.

Speaking more on the catching situation, there doesn't seem to be a lot of quality depth in the farm system to my knowledge. Which was more my point. Couldn't name another young catcher outside of Raudy Read, who of course was busted for PEDs.

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That sounds weak and jealous.  Do we not count until we've been around how long?  Don't answer that, I don't care (and I'm sure you don't either).  They will always throw that in our face because we've been in DC for less time then they've been in Baltimore.

It pretty much is exactly weak and jealous, especially for people in the DC Area that have always wanted a team. It's funny how petty some people are...

8 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Would love that.

Speaking more on the catching situation, there doesn't seem to be a lot of quality depth in the farm system to my knowledge. Which was more my point. Couldn't name another young catcher outside of Raudy Read, who of course was busted for PEDs.

Jackson Reetz, but I dont think he's going to be any better than Kieboom.

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Anytime I see Gio make it to the 6th, I'm happy, let alone the 8th.  

Part of me feels bad for Orioles fans seeing the O's come so close to being relevant then it being gone just like that.  Machado is gone, it will take forever for them to get back to that level they were in the playoffs a second ago.  

I feel like the Wieters walkoff  from last year was gonna have to do it. I didn't get any perverse satisfaction from today. Just business.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I feel like the Wieters walkoff  from last year was gonna have to do it. I didn't get any perverse satisfaction from today. Just business.

Ya'll know how I feel about Angelos being a former Yankee fan and pissed at him doing everything he could to stop DC from getting a team and still being an ass over MASN.  I want that rivalry to matter, but it's not much a rivalry if they go from beating us most of the time to being completely noncompetitive.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

You know the Orioles suck when Oriole Fan won't even come into our thread anymore. LOL. I miss those clowns. Enjoy last place, losers.

It's funny I actually went over there to say it sucks that they suck all the sudden, and caught them in the middle of a "O's fans that became Nat's fan aren't Loyal" discussion.  You know me, I try to stay classy when I can, but I expect that to come up for years to come.

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It's funny I actually went over there to say it sucks that they suck all the sudden, and caught them in the middle of a "O's fans that became Nat's fan aren't Loyal" discussion.  You know me, I try to stay classy when I can, but I expect that to come up for years to come.

Loyalty? Please...

Don't get me started.

5 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

No break before ATL. I wouldn't be shocked if you see some guys rested tonight and then tomorrow.

The Os are barely a minor league team so it'd make for a more fair matchup.

Remember how much Oriole Fan hyped up Dylan Bundy? They tried comparing him to Strasburg LOL. I think he had one of the worst starts in ML history earlier this year. Once again overrated ass Buck Showalter has no clue how to develop pitching.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Os are barely a minor league team so it'd make for a more fair matchup.

Remember how much Oriole Fan hyped up Dylan Bundy? They tried comparing him to Strasburg LOL. I think he had one of the worst starts in ML history earlier this year. Once again overrated ass Buck Showalter has no clue how to develop pitching.

has nothing to do with the specific opponent. Just saying that you have a division series coming up. If you have guys who need rest, you do it during interleague play just because of how the standings/tie breakers/etc work. If this were NY or Boston or whoever from the AL before a NL East series. I'd say the same.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Os/Nats was never a rivalry. They cared about it a LOT more than we did. They're just another AL team to me, like as if we were playing the Mariners or Twins.

Though if the O's finally field a consistent winner and the Nats stop choking and we actually have a Beltway World Series, it's going to be fire (hopefully not literally). 

Speaking of - weather outlook is favorable. Gonna leave work in a bit and head down to the Timonium Light Rail station. It should take me right to Camden Yards. Might hang out for awhile on the Harbor before getting my tickets. Hope to sit behind our dugout. Anyone have any suggestions for an afternoon/evening down Camden Yards way? Place to see? Places to eat? This'll be my first trip to Camden Yards since I was 12.

31 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Os/Nats was never a rivalry. They cared about it a LOT more than we did. They're just another AL team to me, like as if we were playing the Mariners or Twins.

I really couldn't care less about interleague--it's a contrived gimmick that has run its course. It's boring and no longer interesting in the least bit. It also causes havoc with scheduling if one of these, or one of the other divisions, gets rained out--since all of these teams only come to town once now.

Boz's point though, that I agree with, is Angelos screwed himself out of a lot of revenue by being a petty douche.

19 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Place to see?

I highly recommend Night Shift....

Sounds good. Hope the light rail's a winner, too. Only really used Els and Subways - this'll be a first for me. 

I already like it, though - fare's pretty cheap and it has better hours than Metro (though it's hard to have worse hours than Metro). 

2 hours ago, thebluefood said:

Sounds good. Hope the light rail's a winner, too. Only really used Els and Subways - this'll be a first for me. 

I already like it, though - fare's pretty cheap and it has better hours than Metro (though it's hard to have worse hours than Metro). 

Light rail is good.  I lived in Laurel for two years and could hop on MARC and be at the warehouse in 20 minutes.  And after the game could be home in 30 minutes.

Archived