Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)


DC9

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

Me too, but reports are that he wants to hit free agency before he makes any deal to be anywhere.  Also seen cap ramifications regarding the signing bonus with signing him prior to the start of the new league year.  

I think IF the Skins offered him a salary averaging 8 mill a year for 4 years with 18 mill guaranteed he's sign with us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, method man said:

If we can't resign ZB, is Ryan Anderson the guy who should be next to Foster? He's blocked today by a host of rush guys at the OLB spot

 

I know that was talked about a few times this past season and he was taking reps there.

 

Anderson is an effort guy/high-IQ guy.  I'm expecting him to take a big leap this next year wherever he plays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, method man said:

If we can't resign ZB, is Ryan Anderson the guy who should be next to Foster? He's blocked today by a host of rush guys at the OLB spot

 

I've seen some pre-draft talk of Anderson could convert to MLB but don't recall ever hearing the coaches mention the possibility.  The one thing I wonder about that was one of the knocks on him for edge rusher is lack of speed and agility -- wouldn't that be exposed even more at MLB?

 

 

Chris Russell was going on yesterday saying from what he's heard he's thinking Zach Brown won't be back.  Now Tandler kicking in

 

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/need-know-redskins-week-was-qb-shopping-browns-status?utm_content=bufferefe68&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Will Zach Brown stay with the Redskins or go? I’m not sure if the Redskins will be able to re-sign Brown. I wouldn’t call him a player the team absolutely must sign but if they don’t bring him back they need someone who can have the same impact that Brown had on the defense. Whether that means drafting Roquan Smith or Tremaine Edmunds or finding a free agent with Brown’s sideline-to-sideline impact they can’t simply let him walk without coming up with a quality alternative. If they don’t, the defense, which actually did improve some last year, is likely to slide back downhill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No,  Ryan Grant is absolutely ready to explode.

 

/sarcasm 

 

I am so sick of the damn Ryan Grant obsession.  Oh, the coach wants to keep a versatile backup who works his ass off in practice.  He hasn't cost the Skins any players and any time he's been on the field it's been because the people above him are hurt, and the people below him haven't beaten him out

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

I keep seeing swirling rumors of Skins interest in Jarvis Landry on day 1 of FA.  Is he worth $14-15 mil that he's supposedly wanting?

 

Yes, absolutely he is. Can't get him and re-sign Cousins and still add to defense though.

 

If Cousins goes elsewhere then definitely get Landry, a top OG, and the D pieces desired. We could draft a QB round 1 then, like Mason Rudolph, who would come in to a really good situation with what should be a top 10 D and an offense with plenty of weapons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

I keep seeing swirling rumors of Skins interest in Jarvis Landry on day 1 of FA.  Is he worth $14-15 mil that he's supposedly wanting?

Landry is a beast but he is a slot guy, wonder how they would make that work here with Crowder.

 

But Ive been scoping out everything I can. I have not stumbled on Landry to the Redskins, where are you seeing it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Landry is a beast but he is a slot guy, wonder how they would make that work here with Crowder.

 

But Ive been scoping out everything zi can. I have not stumbled on Landry to the Redskins, where are you seeing it?

 

Just from sniffing around some local twitter accounts and October write ups when there was speculation Skins were looking to trade for a WR before the deadline.  He was mentioned but nothing "official" :-)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, carex said:

 

I am so sick of the damn Ryan Grant obsession.  Oh, the coach wants to keep a versatile backup who works his ass off in practice.  He hasn't cost the Skins any players and any time he's been on the field it's been because the people above him are hurt, and the people below him haven't beaten him out

I’m fine with that.  The problem is that he’s been plugged in as a starter.  And the Skins haven’t prioritized getting somebody more talented who CAN beat him out.

 

To me, he is the absolute personification of the complete dysfunction of the FO.  

 

I have nothing against Grant.  Great 4th or 5th guy.

 

But our FO plugged him in as a starter last year.  And “we’re going to do everything we can to bring him back.”

 

Thats a dumb statement to begin with for a guy who should be competing for a roster spot. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/35462/zach-browns-price-tag-will-be-high-leaving-redskins-with-tough-decision

 

The Redskins could decide instead to invest in another defensive lineman (Bennie Logan is a pending free agent and there was some interest in him last season) and a cheaper inside linebacker. They might decide they want a linebacker better in coverage than Brown or one who could handle playcalling duties as well -- at a lower cost. But ... that speed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/35462/zach-browns-price-tag-will-be-high-leaving-redskins-with-tough-decision

 

The Redskins could decide instead to invest in another defensive lineman (Bennie Logan is a pending free agent and there was some interest in him last season) and a cheaper inside linebacker. They might decide they want a linebacker better in coverage than Brown or one who could handle playcalling duties as well -- at a lower cost. But ... that speed.

I don’t care what they do at ILB as long as whoever they get has physical talent and isn’t just Will Compton II.  If they get a “super smart effort guy” they’re going to struggle up the middle... again.

 

If they choose to go a different direction than Brown because they don’t believe he can improve in coverage, I can live with that as long as plan B isn’t obviously dumb.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes you wonder how they really feel about Spaight... Heard multiple people comment about how fast our ILBs are when it was Brown / Spaight in the middle.  You wonder if they're leaning toward a Foster @ Mike with Spaight @ Moe, and are willing to let Brown play hardball knowing that he's a want and not a 'need' in their opinion.  If they go that route, we'd be looking at Foster / Spaight staring with Vigil backing up... i'd have to imagine we would have to draft someone with hopes that they would take over for Foster after his 2 year deal runs out? 

 

Not saying that is the move I would make, but the thought popped into my head this afternoon the more I hear smoke that Brown wants to test his value. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HigSkin said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/35462/zach-browns-price-tag-will-be-high-leaving-redskins-with-tough-decision

 

The Redskins could decide instead to invest in another defensive lineman (Bennie Logan is a pending free agent and there was some interest in him last season) and a cheaper inside linebacker. They might decide they want a linebacker better in coverage than Brown or one who could handle playcalling duties as well -- at a lower cost. But ... that speed.

I'm hearing that he'll more than likely work out a deal with us but it remains to be seen, HigSkin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m fine with that.  The problem is that he’s been plugged in as a starter.  And the Skins haven’t prioritized getting somebody more talented who CAN beat him out.

 

To me, he is the absolute personification of the complete dysfunction of the FO.  

 

I have nothing against Grant.  Great 4th or 5th guy.

 

But our FO plugged him in as a starter last year.  And “we’re going to do everything we can to bring him back.”

 

Thats a dumb statement to begin with for a guy who should be competing for a roster spot. 

 

 

 

he has never been plugged in as a starter, he's started because no one else could.  Our starters last season going in were Pryor, Doctson and Crowder

Link to post
Share on other sites

Beau Allen the Eagle's NT could be an under the radar signing for us. $3/4m a year sounds good if you don't resign Hood, it's only a couple of million more cap for a younger and more hungrier player. I would also draft Vita Vea in 1st round as well unless we don't re-sign Cousin's then it might be QB.

 

HTTR 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, carex said:

 

he has never been plugged in as a starter, he's started because no one else could.  Our starters last season going in were Pryor, Doctson and Crowder

That’s factually incorrect.  

 

Pryorvwas signed as an insurance policy to Doctson and they both played the X position.  Grant was starter at Y, Crowder Z.  And at times Crowder might play Y.

 

Gruden said this in a presser when he was pressed why Doctson and Pryor weren’t splitting time.

 

THE PLAN was Doctson/Pryor on one side, Grant on the other, and Crowder in the slot.  I know this because Gruden said it. 

 

It it was then and remains now a dumb plan. And more than that, an obviously dumb plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still baffled about how Quick was (not) used.  How does a guy that supposedly had the best camp get so few opportunities (and seemed to play pretty well when he did) with a receiving corp as lacking as ours was last year?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK locked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...