Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joyner Lucas - I’m Not Racist

Springfield

So, this probably could have gone in one of the 500 other threads about racism in America but the song went viral today so I figure it’s worth its own thread.  Worthy of watching all the way through and a very compelling story of race relations in today’s society.

BTW - This video is 100% NSFW so watch it without the kids around.

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I saw the title and instantly knew this was going to be some rasict ish. I'm surprised I made it to the minute mark. If there's some twist at the end let me know cause ain't no way I'm sitting through 7 minutes of this BS.

Theres a twist at the end.

4 hours ago, tshile said:

It's interesting.

Not sure if repeating racial stereotypes then saying you're not racist is the way to go

I can appreciate the motive thoigh

Well it's the racial thoughts/actions people have and then say "...but I'm not a racist" as if they're trying to talk that into reality, or make themselves feel better about who they are.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well it's the racial thoughts/actions people have and then say "...but I'm not a racist" as if they're trying to talk that into reality, or make themselves feel better about who they are.

well now i feel stupid

i had a different interpretation from what it was trying to show/accomplish, and i tried to type it out but i just felt stupid doing so.

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

well now i feel stupid

i had a different interpretation from what it was trying to show/accomplish, and i tried to type it out but i just felt stupid doing so.

Well that was my interpretation, I'm not sure how valid it is or what the artist intended.  

Not sure why anyone wouldn't watch the whole thing, I thought it was a good message.  I'm as tired of talking about race as anyone else, but this was a good video.  

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Also, at first glance, I thought the screen shot of the guy in the OP was Brandon Scherff for a second.  I was like what the ****, not our pro bowl guard....

I did too when my GF showed it to me on FB last night. I was like nonononono I dont want to see this I dont need this right now 

Just now, Llevron said:

I did too when my GF showed it to me on FB last night. I was like nonononono I dont want to see this I dont need this right now 

At first I though the white fatty was actually rapping, and that he was some sort of country rapper talking that down south bs.  Then as he continued I figured that voice couldn’t have come from him.  Once it shifted to the black guy rapping it made a lot more sense.

It was hard to make it through the first minute or two, but once I saw what was going on I felt that it was worth it.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Glad I wasn't the only one :rofl89: Oddly enough, with all their faults, the Skins are like the last bastion of things I can turn to these days without having to worry about racist comments, sexual predators, or anything else that plagues society today.  Didn't need to see Scherff dragged into that, whew.

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

At first I though the white fatty was actually rapping, and that he was some sort of country rapper talking that down south bs.  Then as he continued I figured that voice couldn’t have come from him.  Once it shifted to the black guy rapping it made a lot more sense.

It was hard to make it through the first minute or two, but once I saw what was going on I felt that it was worth it.

Im going to play it at lunch. Surrounded by sensitive ears if you know what I mean I cant risk it being the only HR type role in the office smh. I wasnt last night, but yall are making is sound atleast worth a listen even if its to disagree. 

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Glad I wasn't the only one :rofl89: Oddly enough, with all their faults, the Skins are like the last bastion of things I can turn to these days 

That does sound odd (lol) but its understandable to a degree. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I thought that too for the first minute or so, then when they showed the black guy I figured there was no way they could get any black guy to sit there and listen to that, there had to be a catch or something.

Archived