Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

The whole crap about Manusky being in the interviews for coaches they are willing to do anything to get to replace him is the biggest ****ing lie I've heard.  It's worse than the GMSM stuff where they said he went to his grandmother's funeral or some ****.  It's such a joke and so ****ing false.  How anyone can believe that is beyond me.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It's weird a new stadium is even a topic of conversation in a presser after such a poor season, when it's years away and there isn't even a definitive site selected...in fact their isn't even a favorite necessarily. It's a long term project that is years away with basically no news...but it comes up in this presser? I think that's very odd, and doesn't happen with other teams unless their lease is close to up and moving the team is even remotely on the table. 

Agreed, I dont give a crap about the stadium right now.  He can give a comment about the stadium anytime.  Too many questions about that.  Let's deal with the here and now.

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Agreed, I dont give a crap about the stadium right now.  He can give a comment about the stadium anytime.  Too many questions about that.  Let's deal with the here and now.

Right. A new stadium is a dream wrapped in a hope right now, with no news and no real prospects. It's strange to even care about it in 2019, and talking about it probably just reinforces that it's important to Snyder. It's not important right now and should basically be a behind-the-scenes thing at this stage, not a legit subject to deflect to after a poor season.

I loved when a reporter asked him, "You said everyone in a football organization should be judged by the win-loss record. What do you say to fans and supporters who wonder how that applies to you?" 

And he responds, "Well, we're 7-9." 

LOL. Clearly the question was about his overall abysmal record since he's been here. What a pathetic dodge. 

Disappointed no one followed up on that. 

Is the media just scared of Bruce Allen or something?  Like why was everyone scared to ask him real questions?

It was such a breath of fresh air and was actually a bit awkward due to the questions being tough when Brian Lafamina was on the Junkies for 2 segments and took calls from callers.  And callers did not hold back, and Lafamina was very upfront about the callers saying ask me whatever you want to, tough or not.  It was awesome to just hear his responses to everything and not really sugar coating stuff.

Why can't there be a presser with Bruce like that?  I mean dude hasn't spoken in like 2 years or something and we got a huge nothing berder.

20 minutes ago, purbeast said:

The whole crap about Manusky being in the interviews for coaches they are willing to do anything to get to replace him is the biggest ****ing lie I've heard.  It's worse than the GMSM stuff where they said he went to his grandmother's funeral or some ****.  It's such a joke and so ****ing false.  How anyone can believe that is beyond me.

Mike Garafalo basically sarcastically called that out as a lie on twitter and Garafalo isnt someone who typically likes to stir it up.

I bet though Bruce has himself covered where there is some truth in it for example maybe Bowles saw Manusky in the building or they talked after Bowles said no.  Otherwise Bruce could be mostly talking about assistant coaches who were interviewed.

Bruce was clumsy I think explaining it even if he was fully telling the truth because it came off like Jay and Maunsky were in dire need for some new ideas.

51 minutes ago, Coach Janky Spanky said:

That went about just about as we all expected:  Bruce didn't say anything of much substance, deflected, didn't appear to understand the fans' discontent.   Team is "close," only missed playoffs by two games, etc.  

And only missed a championship by 5 or 6!!!!

Too many questions about Alex to lead it off, that consumed a lot of time.

McNally asked the toughest question. Finlay seemed the lightest with him.

But in their defense, they should not have to scrounge for crumbs from the defacto GM like he is the behind the curtains Wizard of Oz type where it's a privilege just to get a snapshot of the dude once in a blue moon.

Looks like Bruce is going to do it again at the Combine.

23 minutes ago, justice98 said:

His answer kinda implied only being close to a playoff spot.  

Sheehan made a comment to the effect that apparently this is the new holy Grail for the Redskins, sneak into the playoffs as a wildcard. 

9-7 banners -- we made the playoffs and got out butts kicks in round 1 but hey we made the playoffs! 

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

Because they are fans who think if he can deliver RFK 2.0, they won't care about his on-field record.

Similar to how it doesn’t matter who stays and who leaves as long as Snyder is in charge....it also doesn’t matter if Bruce holds a pressor, this guy is slimy and slippery. He’ll give us the run around and never take ownership. Sounds like a dirty saleman.

14 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Because they are fans who think if he can deliver RFK 2.0, they won't care about his on-field record.

Does anyone actually care about this? It would be at least 5 years away even once there are actual plans, right? And there are no plans, or even a site. 

2 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

I loved when a reporter asked him, "You said everyone in a football organization should be judged by the win-loss record. What do you say to fans and supporters who wonder how that applies to you?" 

And he responds, "Well, we're 7-9." 

LOL. Clearly the question was about his overall abysmal record since he's been here. What a pathetic dodge. 

Disappointed no one followed up on that. 

It's because this is a town of lightweights

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Pathetic how his measurement of "close" is close to a .500 record and needing help to limp into the playoffs.

The sad part about it among all the other things they get wrong is their constant celebration and pursuit of 9-7 (some hyperbole from me to make the point) is what IMO has held this organization back.   

28 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

It's ridiculous even moreso because by the time any stadium is built, which is likely trying to be RFK 2.0, nobody will care at all or even know what RFK was.

It's like he thinks the goddamn stadium is what won Super Bowls.  Dan, please, please, PLEASE get rid of him!

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

Pathetic how his measurement of "close" is close to a .500 record and needing help to limp into the playoffs.

Yeah, it's ridiculous.  The NFL is the most cannibalistic, random pro sports league in America. Even Super Bowl winning teams are not guaranteed anything beyond that season.

Everyone remember how the Packers were gonna be a dynasty after Rodgers won his first? Or the Seahawks and how they were gonna be powerhouse team that won multiple SB's? Or the Panthers and Broncos recently? Remember how the Raiders were "Back" a couple years ago? 

Yeah... In the NFL, you are either the champ, or you are not. There's no such thing as "close," its nothing more than a crap marketing ploy used by teams who's fans are not used to success (and failure) at a high level.

"Close" when describing a middling team, and a poorly run franchise that has done jack for a generation now, defies comprehension. If anyone has the right to laughably tell us how "Close" they are, it's a team like Kansas City. And even they are guaranteed nothing in 2019. That is a fact.

Complete and utter bs.

I think we are giving Bruce a hard time for no reason.   The poor dude.  Look he is as passionate as any of us.  Clearly, our anger while is commendable is also misplaced.  When we settle down we will realize our anger is purely about the losing streak at the end of the season.    Bruce just happens to be the target because someone has to be.  So he's taking the bullets for the organization and I am sure he is doing it with major Redskins pride.  Because that's how he rolls.  When we settle down, and realize that we want to win and are passionate about it -- and we have a brother in arms on that front....our compadre Bruce who likewise wants to win and is equally passionate.  We can all sleep night knowing Bruce is working 24/7 to make it happen for us and we are all on the same page.  🙂  😂

Archived