Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harvey Weinstein, Fired Amongst Sexual Harassment Allegations

Spaceman Spiff

20 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

So, you don't think he should've left instead of being forced into having sex with her? The guy was 1 year from "technically" being an adult I would hope he knew how to remove himself from a bad situation by then. If he was 10-16 I would feel much differently about this, but at 17 he should be able to account for his actions. 

i get what youre saying. i also get that if the sexes were reversed, it'd be a different conversation, but i also recognize why that it- power dynamics, control, physical dominance, etc. 

reading the tweets or whatever from her to him, it sounded pretty creepy, the whole mommy/son thing, before meeting in her hotel and her apparently having whoever he was with leave, etc. it had a vibe of someone who was manipulating someone vulnerable. 

years ago, an ex gf of mine got involved with a guy who had been a very well liked school teacher who had been convicted of messing around with, or trying to mess around with, some male students. they were around 13 or 14, iirc. the main student in question, the son of a fellow female teacher, had his father die when he was around 10 or so and the female teacher would have him hang out at the school while she finished up her day and introduced him to the teacher. she thought it was so great that this guy was spending time with her kid since dad wasnt around anymore. i listened to the court tapes of the proceedings and it was clear this guy was capitalizing on trust. they guy would house sit for several people and invite some of the kids to sleep over. i still cant believe it, but some of the parents of the kids who were, at the very least, approached by the guy with offers of backrubs while they slept over at peoples houses actually defended the guy- their own kids told them he came onto them, and they defended him. i cant even imagine it. 

anyway, point is, it sounds to me like there was some kind of mental games being played on a 17 year old who may have been susceptible. she was apparently abused (and kept messing with weinstein, apparently), he might have previously been abused, who knows. when your head gets messed with like that, you don't behave in a predictable way. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grego said:

i get what youre saying. i also get that if the sexes were reversed, it'd be a different conversation, but i also recognize why that it- power dynamics, control, physical dominance, etc. 

reading the tweets or whatever from her to him, it sounded pretty creepy, the whole mommy/son thing, before meeting in her hotel and her apparently having whoever he was with leave, etc. it had a vibe of someone who was manipulating someone vulnerable. 

years ago, an ex gf of mine got involved with a guy who had been a very well liked school teacher who had been convicted of messing around with, or trying to mess around with, some male students. they were around 13 or 14, iirc. the main student in question, the son of a fellow female teacher, had his father die when he was around 10 or so and the female teacher would have him hang out at the school while she finished up her day and introduced him to the teacher. she thought it was so great that this guy was spending time with her kid since dad wasnt around anymore. i listened to the court tapes of the proceedings and it was clear this guy was capitalizing on trust. they guy would house sit for several people and invite some of the kids to sleep over. i still cant believe it, but some of the parents of the kids who were, at the very least, approached by the guy with offers of backrubs while they slept over at peoples houses actually defended the guy- their own kids told them he came onto them, and they defended him. i cant even imagine it. 

anyway, point is, it sounds to me like there was some kind of mental games being played on a 17 year old who may have been susceptible. she was apparently abused (and kept messing with weinstein, apparently), he might have previously been abused, who knows. when your head gets messed with like that, you don't behave in a predictable way. 

I admit that I may have been looking at it in too much of a black and white view and there are plenty of layers that I overlooked. Your breakdown makes total sense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Later that day she posted a close-up of their faces on Instagram with the caption, “Happiest day of my life reunion with @jimmymbennett xox,” and added that “jimmy is going to be in my next movie and that is a fact, dig that jack.”

https://jezebel.com/nyt-reports-asia-argento-paid-actor-who-claimed-she-sex-1828453325

Stop me if you've heard this one before:  Famous Hollywood star sleeps with less established actor, promises them a role in upcoming movie.

The fact that he was 17 makes it worse, but this looks like standard Hollywood predator behavior. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

should age of consent be the same across all states? It’s odd that something like this could be sexual assault in one state but not in another.

I think it should be 21

43 minutes ago, visionary said:

From the article:

“He made a mistake, but he didn’t sexually assault her,” Andrews told jurors during her closing argument, the Chronicle reported. “Here we have this Latina woman with her fake boobs that came on to that little nerdy middle-aged guy and he lost his mind.”

Wow.

3 minutes ago, grego said:

Kind of an odd explanation, imo. 

There were several selfies taken of them in bed together, as I understand it. Wonder if they will come out. 

I had read that and I didn't buy all the explanation. I personally think there was some serious wrong done by Argento here but I also think that in cases like these there often needs to be a smoking gun to prove it. The pics would be damning if they are in sexual nature.

Something not spoken about here also was that she alao allegedly supplied the 17yo with alcohol prior (per the stories yesterday).

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/20/2018 at 10:34 AM, LadySkinsFan said:

Maybe he's gay and hadn't figured it out yet.

I hope that was a crude joke. 

That's just not it. Not even close. 

You can't have folks marching with you to support women and ask men for help if you can not consider that the teenage child is a victim. 

If the roles were reversed and it was a 37 year old woman with a 17 year old girl ? Pretty sure you would want that man in jail or worse. 

That woman is the ultimate hypocrite. 

Some of the other takes on this are equally disturbing. Boys get raped by women frequently...hell, it is even glorified in some movies ( American Pie for example). 

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

No joke, just a question. Also, did you see my post about having 18 as the age of consent in all states? I posted it on Monday. 

Reading is comprehension.

Yes. I read it... it was AFTER the post I quoted. 

Reading is... read my post again.

And actually respond to the rest of the post which you seemed to ignore for whatever reason. I know I did not mostly present it as a question...

If charges are brought and found guilty...I hope she spends some time in jail and is registered as a sex offender. You would hope for at least that if it was a female victim right ? 

To me, it doesn't matter the sex of the perpetrator or their victim, it definitely matters the victim's age and power status, perpetrators should be tried and hopefully convicted. And victims should receive all the assistance they need to help them recover their lives. 

If you believe that I always side with females on this specific crime, you haven't been reading me correctly throughout the years I have posted here.  I was siding with the young man who might have been highly traumatized if his sexual orientation wasn't firmly in his wheelhouse. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

To me, it doesn't matter the sex of the perpetrator or their victim, it definitely matters the victim's age and power status, perpetrators should be tried and hopefully convicted. And victims should receive all the assistance they need to help them recover their lives. 

If you believe that I always side with females on this specific crime, you haven't been reading me correctly throughout the years I have posted here. 

Well, comparatively she was/is a powerful female that took advantage of him. 

He was only 17, a minor. illegal to engage. Again if it was a female you would indeed be up in arms about that. 

That is garbage. You can not have it both ways. 

I have never stated that you always side with females on this topic.

I do however notice that you always bash males, but never females. 

You do know that all women are not queens and gods right ? 

Some of them are downright trifling... among other potential names that women call men and men call women. 

5 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Well, comparatively she was/is a powerful female that took advantage of him. 

He was only 17, a minor. illegal to engage. Again if it was a female you would indeed be up in arms about that. 

That is garbage. You can not have it both ways. 

LSF hasn't defended Argento. 

5 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

I have never stated that you always side with females on this topic.

I do however notice that you always bash males, but never females. 

You do know that all women are not queens and gods right ? 

Some of them are downright trifling... among other potential names that women call men and men call women. 

This could be considered trolling. 

Also, I'm fairly certain she's aware women aren't gods.   :)

This Argento woman is a real piece of human ****.  Assault a boy, start the meetoo movement, get your celebrity boyfriend to pay the boy, then throw said boyfriend under the bus to media after he is dead

Just a real charmer.  Good for her.

Not saying it's the case with her, but abused people sometimes abuse people. And it's not like she lied about the Weinstein stuff... considering how many people have come forward about him now. The real shame (other than the obvious hurt she allegedly put on the boy) is that people will use her as an excuse to belittle the metoo movement.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Destino said:

LSF hasn't defended Argento. 

This could be considered trolling. 

Also, I'm fairly certain she's aware women aren't gods.   :)

I never stated that she defended this woman.

Wait... so you agree that women aren't Gods ? Hmm... ;)

No trolling intended, just an observation. 

11 hours ago, zoony said:

This Argento woman is a real piece of human ****.  Assault a boy, start the meetoo movement, get your celebrity boyfriend to pay the boy, then throw said boyfriend under the bus to media after he is dead

Just a real charmer.  Good for her.

She definitely appears to be lying, at the very least. 

"I never had sex with him" 

"what about the pics?" 

"they just show my tits. That doesn't mean ****" 

Right. Just cuz there are pics of us on a bed and Iww look naked, and have my boobs out....

Sex? Wha? No way. Personally I always lie around naked on hotel beds with chicks I'm not banging. 

Now it looks like she may be claiming he took the advantage of her. Reading the texts does make her look worse (if they are legit, that is). 

• Like 1