Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harvey Weinstein, Fired Amongst Sexual Harassment Allegations

Spaceman Spiff

29 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

I mean, can't a married man invite a young female coworker over for wine and cheese, alone, and just want to be friends?

If my wife found out I did that.... phew boy.... that’s not be a fun conversation. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Harvey Weinstein’s Criminal Trial Scheduled To Begin In May

Harvey Weinstein’s lawyer says the disgraced Hollywood mogul’s sexual assault trial in New York is scheduled for May 6, but court officials say that’s tentative and unofficial.

Lawyer Benjamin Brafman mentioned the date in a court filing Monday in a civil case against Weinstein. He wants actress Ashley Judd’s lawsuit put on hold until Weinstein’s criminal case is resolved.

A court spokesman said Tuesday that an early May trial date had been discussed, but that nothing was official. A pretrial hearing is scheduled for March 7.

Click on the link for the full article

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

Harvard ditched US values of due process and diverse opinion in Harvey Weinstein case

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/05/15/harvard-ditches-due-process-opinion-diversity-harvey-weinstein-column/3665507002/

The author is right, IMO.  

Danukshi A.K. Mudannayake, a student leading the campaign against Sullivan, started a petition that called his work for the movie producer “deeply trauma-inducing" and questioned whether he really does "value the safety of the students he lives with in Winthrop House."

I have no words.  I mean, I do...but ya know.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1

Colleges need more leaders that aren’t afraid of throwing annoying students the hell out.  Employees should not have to work under threat from modern day witch hunters looking for someone to burn as a means of elevating their own profiles.  Zealots in search of heretics will always find them, because they've predetermined the outcome and will move the bar until they do.

• Like 3

Friend of Lawyer:  You’ve done pretty well for yourself...Harvard and all.  I don’t think taking this extremely gross, extremely high profile rape gig is a good look for you.

Lawyer:  You’re prolly right but **** it.  Imma grab this quick quarter mil anyway.  Hold my beer...

Me:  *shrugs*

On 5/15/2019 at 7:15 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

Friend of Lawyer:  You’ve done pretty well for yourself...Harvard and all.  I don’t think taking this extremely gross, extremely high profile rape gig is a good look for you.

Lawyer:  You’re prolly right but **** it.  Imma grab this quick quarter mil anyway.  Hold my beer...

Me:  *shrugs*

I initially got the impression that he was fired from the school. 

And then I read that he’s no longer in charge of managing a dormitory for young students. 

1. Who gives a ****?

2. I most definitely don’t want someone who voluntary goes to bat for Harvey Weinstein and takes money from him to be in charge of managing college dorms. Everyone has the right to a fair trial, and socially we have the right to not put people who voluntarily represent sexual predators in charge of managing affairs between horny young adults. 

It seems like people complaining about this want to live in a consequences free world. If the guy lost his academic post, I would understand the displeasure. This has nothing to do with academic freedom. 

11 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I initially got the impression that he was fired from the school. 

And then I read that he’s no longer in charge of managing a dormitory for young students. 

1. Who gives a ****?

2. I most definitely don’t want someone who voluntary goes to bat for Harvey Weinstein and takes money from him to be in charge of managing college dorms. Everyone has the right to a fair trial, and socially we have the right to not put people who voluntarily represent sexual predators in charge of managing affairs between horny young adults. 

It seems like people complaining about this want to live in a consequences free world. If the guy lost his academic post, I would understand the displeasure. This has nothing to do with academic freedom. 

Yup, just another in a never-ending series of “ZOMG liberalism run amok on campus” slam pieces.

• 4 weeks later...

Cuba Gooding Jr. to Turn Himself in to NYPD for Allegedly Groping a Woman at a Bar

Cuba Gooding Jr., best remembered of late for portraying and partying like O.J. Simpson, will surrender to the NYPD on Thursday, following allegations that he groped a woman over the weekend.

NBC News reports Gooding’s rep confirmed the actor will be turning himself in to the department’s sex crimes unit less than a week after the incident.

According to Page Six, Gooding is accused of grabbing a woman’s breast at around 9 p.m. Sunday at the Magic Hour Rooftop Bar in Midtown Manhattan. The two had been socializing and drinking; sources told the outlet Gooding was “highly intoxicated” at the time. The two got into an argument after the woman objected to being touched by Gooding, which led to security being called. Gooding left soon after the incident; the woman called 911 a few hours later.

Gooding has drawn concern in the past for his hard partying. As USA Today notes, the Oscar-winning actor was criticized on social media for lifting up the skirt of American Crime Story co-star Sarah Paulson on stage at PaleyFest in March 2017. A few months prior, images of Gooding partying hard in Miami splashed across Al Gore’s internet, with witnesses at the time telling Page Six he was “a mess” and “beyond frisky with girls.”

• Sad 2