Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

My bad @Burgold, i forgot we are limiting our time scale to periods where democrats pass bills they know have no chance of passing in order to rally their base, as opposed to times when they controlled both houses and the presidency.

Im completely for a liberals wildest wet dream on gun control, by the way.  All of them things they want to do sound good to me, but it just seems strange they wait until they can’t actually happen to move on them.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

My bad @Burgold, i forgot we are limiting our time scale to periods where democrats pass bills they know have no chance of passing in order to rally their base, as opposed to times when they controlled both houses and the presidency.

Give me a break. Why do these bills have no chance of passing? If they have no chance of passing why are there no counter bills from the other side? Why is there no possibility of a compromise bill or bipartisan bill. It's because one side won't even begin the discussion.

Be honest.

I will say I was disappointed with the cowardice of the Dem majority those two years. They went all in on health care that is the windmill they charged forgoing all other issues. However, if you want a historical timeframe and look at which party has attempted to address gun violence and which has encouraged gun violence. The answer is as obvious as a Trump lie.

10 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Give me a break. Why do these bills have no chance of passing? If they have no chance of passing why are there no counter bills from the other side?

Because the GOP doesn’t care about gun control and most of its base isn’t affected by gun violence on a daily bases, and most of them live some wild west fantasy where they roll in with an AK and save their “virgin” daughters from the brown menace?!

Everyone knows that. Even the dems in the house...

But that is my point. Waiting to act until you know you have no chance to succeed isn’t acting. Well i mean, it is acting, just a different type of acting.

So, what your saying is that the GOP have no children who go to schools? No one impacted by the tens of thousands of gun related suicides every year? No one impacted by the tens of thousands of homicides each year? 

As for waiting to act until you have no chance... that's not a serious complaint against the democrats is it? Again, it's the Republicans who cry after every mass shooting that now is not the time to talk about gun violence or politicize it. For twenty years, they have refused to address the problem or blocked any attempt at action or even debate despite the acceleration to the point now that a mass shooting at a school is not even national news anymore. We hardly pause when we hear there's been a mass shooting.

Republicans are not affected? If so, they are cold blooded ****s who don't care about their children, mothers, brothers, sisters, grandparents, or neighbors. If they are not impacted they are sociopaths.

As for your implication that Republicans are all racists who think that all gun violence is a brown issue. I don't want to believe that. I hope you're wrong about that.

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Im completely for a liberals wildest wet dream on gun control, by the way.  All of them things they want to do sound good to me, but it just seems strange they wait until they can’t actually happen to move on them.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

Give me a break. Why do these bills have no chance of passing? If they have no chance of passing why are there no counter bills from the other side? Why is there no possibility of a compromise bill or bipartisan bill. It's because one side won't even begin the discussion.

Be honest.

I will say I was disappointed with the cowardice of the Dem majority those two years. They went all in on health care that is the windmill they charged forgoing all other issues. However, if you want a historical timeframe and look at which party has attempted to address gun violence and which has encouraged gun violence. The answer is as obvious as a Trump lie.

DEMOCRATIC SENATORS ARE TWEETING PHOTOS OF THE GIANT PILE OF 'DEAD' HOUSE-PASSED BILLS ON MITCH MCCONNELL'S DESK

U.S. Senators are sharing photographs of the growing pile of bills passed by the House only to stymie on Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's desk.

EME8D9vW4AAKaaD.jpg

The stack, a symbolic replication of legislation McConnell refuses to bring to a vote, was reportedly the brain child of Senator Debbie Stabenow. According to her office, it includes more than 300 bills about voter registration, background checks for firearm sales, domestic violence, climate change, minimum wage increases and other issues.

The do-nothing strategy spearheaded by McConnell's office seems intentional, Democrats claim. Back in September, McConnell promised to be a "grim reaper" to any and all progressive legislation. But, as multiple Senators pointed out Wednesday, more than 275 of these "dead" bills cleared the House with bipartisan support.

Click on the link for the full article

Edited by China
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, China said:

DEMOCRATIC SENATORS ARE TWEETING PHOTOS OF THE GIANT PILE OF 'DEAD' HOUSE-PASSED BILLS ON MITCH MCCONNELL'S DESK

U.S. Senators are sharing photographs of the growing pile of bills passed by the House only to stymie on Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's desk.

yeah, you are missing the point, again....

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

yeah, you are missing the point, again....

I think folks get your point, that they wait until they dont control both houses to push something that the libs want only to pacify them and say "See we tried they wont let us". Right? 

Its just that, your point ignored the fact that 1) the dems havent had full control over house and senate since 2010. Thats almost a decade ago. So your arguments, while true are literally outdated. And 2) that political capital is a real thing. You can only change so much before people dont like too much change in their lives and are concerned with all the changes you are making before they stop supporting you fully. Example in this case is clear. The 111th congress (the last time dems had full control like you are talking about) spent what they had on Health care, which was a marginal success for them by the time it was all said and done, and republicans did everything they could to make it a loser and that had an effect on what they were able to do after that. 

So yes, people get what you are saying. Its just what you are saying is stupid a deserves to be ignored in 2019. A decade after it would have been relevant. You should be able to understand this after 9 years. Honestly. 

25 minutes ago, Llevron said:

So yes, people get what you are saying. Its just what you are saying is stupid a deserves to be ignored in 2019. A decade after it would have been relevant. You should be able to understand this after 9 years. Honestly. 

yeah, because nothing they are campaigning on today was what they were campaigning on 10-12 years ago. 

Because, while they had an opportunity to fix what they campaigned on 10 years ago, they decided it was more valuable to keep these issues in play as campaigning tools.

Because, if you’re pointing to all the time they spent on “solving” the health care issue ultimately that was a huge waste of time.

Because, while the pass a whole bunch of bills that have everything the campaign on while republicans are in the, the bills contain nothing that makes the republicans excited about getting the bills passed. When the dems had a chance to basically get anything in exchange for border money, they said no deal.

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Right Ok so good news here is I never really believed you would actually read what I wrote anyway. 

I read what you said. Your point of view is that because they had control over congress and the presidency over 10 years ago it’s not relevent today and it doesn’t excuse the republicans inaction. I disagree. The republicans were always going to do nothing on gun control.

That’s what they have campaigned on. So while republicans are delivering in their promise to do nothing, the dems are complaining about the fact they’ve done nothing. 

4 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I read what you said. Your point of view is that because they had control over congress and the presidency over 10 years ago it’s not relevent today and it doesn’t excuse the republicans inaction. I disagree. The republicans were always going to do nothing on gun control.

That’s what they have campaigned on. So while republicans are delivering in their promise to do nothing, the dems are complaining about the fact they’ve done nothing. 

Why have Republicans done nothing on mental health care which they have campaigned on and said was the real problem?

Why did they repeal the rules Obama put in when it came to guns and mental health?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Why have Republicans done nothing on mental health care which they have campaigned on and said was the real problem?

well, to be accurate, they said Obamacare was a real problem. And they fixed that real good.  But my point wasn’t that gop has great leadership or is a party of action.  My point was that I wish the dems had of done something when they had the opportunity to do something.  They get no credit for drafting legislation they know has no chance of passing.

Why did they repeal the rules Obama put in when it came to guns and mental health?

aren’t they in the pocket of the NRA?

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

well, to be accurate, they said Obamacare was a real problem. And they fixed that real good.  But my point wasn’t that gop has great leadership or is a party of action.  My point was that I wish the dems had of done something when they had the opportunity to do something.  They get no credit for drafting legislation they know has no chance of passing.

So, what you are really saying is that the Dems have tried to do stuff, but the bills they wrote don't count. The laws the Dems passed to address mental health, gun violence, etc. don't count either because the GOP has sabotaged them all.  And the Dems are at fault because the GOP is in the pocket of the NRA and is a party of inaction and obstruction.

Oy vey.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

well, to be accurate, they said Obamacare was a real problem. And they fixed that real good.  But my point wasn’t that gop has great leadership or is a party of action.  My point was that I wish the dems had of done something when they had the opportunity to do something.  They get no credit for drafting legislation they know has no chance of passing.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Unfortunately it’s a great example of how ****ing stupid people are when dumb **** morons say “well, if we ban guns, we should ban knives cause ya know, in my Neanderthal mind it’s comparable.”

If this person had a gun, we'd be looking at a double digit body count type massacre.

• Like 2