Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Agree. He should put out the most basic tweet ever. Prayers up and we are working as hard as we can type stuff, and then let Pence talk. 

He tweeted "my warmest condolences" to the victims.   "Warmest condolences" sounds odd to me.

Edited by Dan T.

4 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

That would be an interesting development give how quickly police ruled out “terrorism” because the shooter was a white guy. 

Not that I believe this by any means at this point but I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough. 

11 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

He tweeted "my warmest condolences" to the victims.   "Warmest condolences" sounds odd to me.

Hes an odd dude. It is odd but I dont think he can do any better, Sadly. At the least that wouldn't make it worse. I hope his speech is......ugh......Presidential 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Hes an odd dude. It is odd but I dont think he can do any better, Sadly. At the least that wouldn't make it worse. I hope his speech is......ugh......Presidential 

That's putting it mildly. Yesterday, when presenting the Presidents Cup trophy he dedicated the trophy to the hurricane victims. That made everything better.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Thanks 2

Link to CNN which will have Trumps speech on the issue in a few minutes. Was supposed to start at 10:30 but they tend to run late on these things. 

5 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

That's putting it mildly. Yesterday, when presenting the Presidents Cup trophy he dedicated the trophy to the hurricane victims. That made everything better.

Yea I saw that. Dude lives in his own America I dont expect him to sound like a human being at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Link to CNN which will have Trumps speech on the issue in a few minutes. Was supposed to start at 10:30 but they tend to run late on these things. 

Yea I saw that. Dude lives in his own America I dont expect him to sound like a human being at this point. 

Maybe he'll also dedicate the cup to the Vegas victims.

They made a note about how stretched thin the Government is right now. I think it is fair to comment on how much crap has been thrown at this country in the last month and how understaffed we are in comparison to the previous admin. Not sure this is the thread for it, but it compounds the issue for sure. Some of the same people who are working on this issue this morning, went to sleep thinking they would be working on PR today. But now they have this to work on as well. This is some crazy **** we are living through you guys. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

All due respect but it absolutely does matter and is a microcosm of how different groups of people are treated and portrayed in this country. Now THAT said, we can get into that conversation after we give the victims and their families our thoughts. That is 100% top priority before anything else.

Exactly.

These extremist right wing groups are doing this.

We face more mass deaths from domestic mass shootings than we have during any terrorist attack. We focus a lot on those guys on the other side of the world and won't fight to pursue the monsters in our country. It needs to be called out.

• Like 2

ISIS did us a favor by claiming responsibility. I wonder if they realize that?
The Russians won't be as dumb, and will have memes out to blame both political sides and claim he was working for one or the other.

Horrifying.

~Bang

• Like 3

Prez up now. Link in one of my earlier posts on page 4

2 minutes ago, Bang said:

ISIS did us a favor by claiming responsibility. I wonder if they realize that?
The Russians won't be as dumb, and will have memes out to blame both political sides and claim he was working for one or the other.

Horrifying.

~Bang

Was thinking the exact same thing. And it freaks me out. 

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They made a note about how stretched thin the Government is right now. I think it is fair to comment on how much crap has been thrown at this country in the last month and how understaffed we are in comparison to the previous admin. Not sure this is the thread for it, but it compounds the issue for sure. Some of the same people who are working on this issue this morning, went to sleep thinking they would be working on PR today. But now they have this to work on as well. This is some crazy **** we are living through you guys. 

Wonder if he still wants to drain the swamp of hard working federal employees. 

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Well, hats off to Trump, he managed for 5 minutes to stay on script. 

I hate his tone, he never sounds sincere to me. Always sounds like a sociopath faking what he thinks human emotion should sound like.

That's because sociopaths can't fake empathy. I would give trump credit for his speech, but he will surely Tweet something stupid within the next 48 hours.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GoDeep81 said:

Once the grief settles, the term "Automatic" is about to become a huge deal.. Media likes to throw the term around, when describing other mass/terror shootings, but until now, they were always wrong.. This is the first, as far as I know.. You don't just go buy an "automatic" weapon, you don't just watch a youtube and alter your civilian based AR/AK to be an automatic weapon.. The gun laws and regulations on owning/altering/selling/shooting/etc an "automatic weapon" are astronomical.

Not sure what will be worse.. Was he hooked up with a smuggling/terror organization or did he plan his life around "snapping" and killing a bunch of people? Cause what just happened in Las Vegas took vast amounts of time, money and planning.

I have a different take. This guy had 10 rifles. That suggests to me he has been a gun owner/collector for some time.I just heard someone speculate on the news that he may have had a "bump fire" mod. I don't think so. This guy apparently was a home owner, possibly w a pilots license.If correct that would suggest he could afford and would pass the background check for an automatic weapon. Its not that hard to do. And from the sound of it, the rate of fire was faster than a bump fire is capable of.

It is not difficult at all to own and shoot an automatic weapon in many places. If you have a clean record you go to your gun store, pay them and they will handle all of the paperwork for you. 6 months later that call you back to come pick up your machine gun. And many ranges welcome full auto weapons within the caliber limitations that already have.

I'm more interested in his motivation. Yes he was crazy but there is always something more than that. I'm hearing he went on a big gambling spree before hand (no word of won or lost) suggesting he was having one last fling. And the location of the room suggests he had a plan. Was he targeting that particular audience or did he just see an opportunity to kill a lot of people? Why, why, why... that's what always drives me crazy.

yeah... trump is a steaming turd.  But don't pile on him when he didn't do anything bad (yet?).   He did fine here... he offered humble thoughts for the victims, as he should've.   In his own words, and unique style.

when you heap on him for non-issues, it gives him cover for the multiple gaziliions of times he SHOULD get bushwacked for what he ACTUALLY says.... he can legitimately say people are just piling on to him now. 

Small violins and a mime's lone tear......  who is thinking of Donald's feelings in all of this...?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

Last I heard...about 40 minutes ago. Domestic Terrorism at least. 

The idea that the term "Lone Wolf" is a racial comment is absurd to me. 

It can be absurd to you, but it absolutely is used in concert with "mental illness" when it comes to a mass shooting perpetrated by a white male. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

That's because sociopaths can't fake empathy. I would give trump credit for his speech, but he will surely Tweet something stupid within the next 48 hours.

I had to turn down the sound and look away. I have never hated anyone more in my life than I do that POS. Give him the best script and he still sounds like a moron and ***hole to me.

• Like 4