Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Something similar happened to Zeke (the one pictured above with the bird).  He came home one night and he got in my lap as if nothing was wrong.  Then when I started petting him and rubbing his head my finger went in a big hole in his neck.  It didn't seem to bother him, but I took him to the vet and they sewed it up and gave him a shot of antibiotics.  Definitely should get that closed up.

To be brutally honest, if I could afford to get him fixed up, I would. Right now my finances are jacked up due to my illness over the summer, and just maintaining the status quo is about all I can do. 

My fight of the week has been with my husband...his paranoia has kept him from setting up Ms. Kitty's heater in the doghouse...she's had it for 2 winters past, and it's been down to freezing...and we all know what's coming in the next couple days. I've got a bunch of blankets in there for her, but he's really pissin' me off. 

In that case, you're going to want to keep it clean with a lot of water.  Chlorhexidine flush if you can get your hands on some.  Don't use any other household wound treatments.  They can damage it further.  Use a washcloth to blot it, nothing that will leave sediment like a paper towel.  But again, a LOT of water.  Pour it slowly on the wound several times and blot.  I've been doing that with the dog who ripped its staples out and I had to rewrap its leg (last page).  Doc decided not to restaple it.

I'm doing my whole day Sunday thing at both hospitals right now.  My timing was a lot better today.  I only slept 4 hours on Friday night so I would be tired early Saturday night.  Woke up this morning at 6:30 👍

I have one of those rare dogs who is on the maximum amount of sedatives and is still bonkers.  He's an untrained one and a half year old German Shepherd. He has a huge cone on because he got neutered the other day. And of course his hyperactivity made his sutures come out. Now he's rattling around in a cage he can barely fit into to limit his activity.  Sad. Clueless owner.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy day at the main hospital started at 8:30 AM. We are closed but emergencies poured in and two doctors had to show up.

I've been bouncing back and forth between the two hospitals and now at 1 in the morning I had another emergency where I'm only one available.  Angry cat got its two fluid lines wrapped tightly around its legs to where they were swelling up. Had to throw on an armored glove, throw a blanket over the cat, and slowly find the scruff. Got a weak scruff but it was enough to snip the IV lines.

FFS.  Here comes Thanksgiving. There will be up around 60 animals here.  We have 7 runs.  Yeah.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Sad 1

Smooth as silk yesterday, 40 animals poured in over a stretch of 9 hours.  Now it's drizzling and cold.  Working tonight.  Both clinics.  Napping then hitting the ground running.  Time and a half pay.

Had to hold a sketchball English Mastiff for several procedures yesterday.  200 lbs.  My jiu jitsu mind was firing on all cylinders.  A couple of squirrely moments.  Love it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

My cat Sara was good at bringing mice in the house. If I couldn't catch them, I knew that in the morning when I came downstairs that I would find it at the bottom of the stairs by the front door, dead. She rarely ate them and with four cats they considered it a toy. 

And now for a meme.

FB_IMG_1576335780704.jpg

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1