Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

I know nothing about cats, but most dog skin problems are from wheat, corn, soy, or by-products in their diet.  It's also possible she got a bug bite and made it worse by chewing on it.  Nupro supplement works miracles for dogs with skin problems, but I don't know if they make a formula for cats, or if it's any good.

Edited by Riggo-toni

27 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

She'll hate me with the salt water, don't know that I can hold her still long enough...but I'll give it a whirl unless @d0ublestr0ker0llcomes back with some other remedy. 

You can use peroxide, but it won't like that either....just the neo would be better than nothing.

• Like 1

It doesn't look good. Might irritate it more if a topical solution clashes with whatever it is.

My mom had her cat brought in for a skin irritation that a steroid injection cleared right up.  Quite expensive.  $100 for the exam and injection using my employee discount.  Not saying that would be the solution.

I'm not good at diagnosis so yeah, I'd bring it to the vet.

• Thanks 1

Any advice on getting rid of fleas?  I have a flea comb which I use daily and rinse out in dish filed with soap which supposedly drowns them.   Problem is my dog is brown so it is hard to see where the fleas are. I also have the spray, not sure how much that does.  I am also working on cleaning my place more thoroughly to kill the eggs. 

6 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Any advice on getting rid of fleas?  I have a flea comb which I use daily and rinse out in dish filed with soap which supposedly drowns them.   Problem is my dog is brown so it is hard to see where the fleas are. I also have the spray, not sure how much that does.  I am also working on cleaning my place more thoroughly to kill the eggs. 

I think when it comes to dish soap they have to be submerged in it for quite a bit. That can take several tries and you can't submerge the head enough.

The topical ointment that you run up their back works like a charm, I believe Frontline is sold over the counter.  The prescription ones like Vectra are awesome.  Fleas and their eggs dead within an hour or two.

The oral flea killers are just as good in my experience.

After almost four years, I finally had to resort to a door trap technique.

Big German Shepherd husky mix, extremely sketchy, bleeding from the scrotum.

Got aggressive when a muzzle was tried to be put on, so the owner cleared sedation. However, giving the shot was too risky.

Leashed him with a slip lead, put him in a run, slipped the handle of it through the bars, pulled it hard so pinned him against the cage.  The nurse then closed the door inward on him (on the inside) so he was trapped.

Wailing, screaming, climbing the cage - she injected a sedative.  The dog's tongue was blue from me choking its neck ☹️

The doctor and nurse who are extremely experienced said that that was the worst they've ever seen.

Dog took a nap and we fixed it up.

Now back to being nice to dogs... 😰

• Sad 2

On 9/3/2019 at 7:10 PM, DCSaints_fan said:

Advantix or frontline. Get it at the vet. Over the counter.. they don't need to see the pet. 

One dab on the back of their neck once a month and in a short time they will be gone. You will never see another flea.

Been using it for 20+ years. Used to have them REALLY bad.. my shi-tzu at the time would be crawling with them, dips, daily baths, sprays, bombs, none of it did any good. Hartz collars and products.. the fleas would eat that stuff it seemed. Completely ineffective.

Advantix. Frontline. 
These work.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Spread Diatomaceous earth in whatever fenced area your pet stays in order to kill fleas safely in the yard.

you can also use 20 muleteam borax, your suggestion lasts longer though

• 2 weeks later...