Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Off-season Incorrect Opinion Confessional

CTskin

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well, with standards like that I'd be wagering all sorts of things.

Well we would have to achieve an agreed upon definition of what constitutes a "garbage NFL wide reciever" or just name our stakes and have a voting poll at the end of the season. 

Either wager one of us stapling our butt cheeks together or an embarassing sig graphic or something. 

Pryor has talent. He has already proven it and performed at a high level. 

He's a little more novice looking than I expected but I'm still expecting a big game from him soon. 

I think yesterday the announcers said that cooper has 6 drops already.. drops aren't the end of the world and we are 2-1. Give him time. 

I liked Manusky, but mostly because I am over obsessed with former players and I especially love guys with tough names and knicked-up helmets...

How did any Skins fan possibly think Allen wouldn't have instant impact? The dude was the best player on the best D in the country in CFB. To me that was a reason to be optimistic, especially with Tomsula.

Where was I wrong so far? I didn't think Jay could handle playcalling again, but he's out coached the opponent the last two weeks. I didn't think Pryor was as raw as he is, as I took him in three fantasy leagues and thought I had the steal of those drafts. I never thought Ryan Grant would make contributions. I thought Jordan Reed had proven he could stay healthy or at least healthier.

Where do I hope to be wrong next? Kirk... I hope he can find consistency the rest of the season. While he won't be 25-of-30 every week, I just hope he can be a guy we can rely on to do his job week in and week out. As you all know, I've had doubts. I hope we can survive at safety no matter how the Cravens' situation plays out. I hope there is a plan at OG beyond lousy Luovou. Dude sucks.

19 hours ago, Bunny Kelly said:

Not to be down on Manusky as obviously a massive upgrade but I think he has been helped by getting competent coaching around him Tomsula & Gray really have got their units balling

Totally agree with this.  You can see the DL is on another level, granted we have Allen who should have gone top 8 in this year's draft but still a rookie.  Ioannidis was a bonus no one could have predicted but I put his improvement on Tomsula.  Gray for me was the biggest upgrade from last year.  You can see these guys know where they should be, and the improvement in Fuller, Breeland and even Norman from last year is very evident. 

I thought this team would win 10 or 11 games, and still do, so no change on that.

However I thought Pryor and Doctson would have monster years, and that's obviously not gonna happen.

I wonder how long we can go with basically having 2 invisible starting wr's.. by throwing to the slot guy and running backs along with tight ends. Time will tell I guess. I hope those guys get it in gear sooner rather than later. I think Gruden sees this and that's why he's staying committed to the running game. Given time and enough pounding with the backs, the wr's will be open and get throws their way, hopefully establishing a rapport with Kirk.. again hopefully sooner rather than later.

For me it's gotta be Pryor.  Not that I spent anytime looking at Cleveland film to have anything vested in the opinion, but I thought he was going to be a stud from the jump.  I trusted the drill videos and the oohs and ahhs of training camp, and probably dumbest of all: the high fantasy draft rankings.  It seemed a foregone conclusion that he was going to be a beast that would utilize our offense to garner him a large payday in 2018.  I know it's early still, but I'm absolutely convinced that big payday isn't coming  yet.  He's got a ways to go.

On some of the issues that people mentioned.  I was totally into the Manusky hire and dedicated my share of posts on it back then.  I'd prefer Wade but I was cool with Manusky as the next best choice and wanted Manuskly by a mile over Gus Bradley.  I met Manusky once and was impressed with the energy/zaniness of his personality, I thought it could be a good fit. 

I was on the Zach Brown train months before he signed here.  That's was probably my best one.  I liked the Swearinger signing a lot, too.

My bad ones would be:  Pryor.  I thought he'd be a beast.  I did want them to resign D. Jax or Garcon but I never anticipated them leaving would leave this big of a gap in the receiving game.  In Pryor's defense, the season is still young.  I loved the draft we had.  I admit Nicholson was the pick that made me pause.  But I also said I know nothing about the dude, he wasn't a prospect I really looked at, so I didn't go ape against the pick either.   I spent a lot of time on the draft thread building up Dalvin Cook who is looking like a star in Minny.  I did like the Perine pick a lot.  And the sample size is small so far but I thought he'd be better.

I was devastated when they cut Francis and had Ziggy starting at Nose. 

He was bad in the preseason and I assumed that would translate. Figured we’d be seeing those automatic 4-6 yard gains up the middle again on the ground. But man am I loving being wrong about that. He’s looked good. Still gets pushed back at times, but he’s always in position and he’s penetrating here and there. 

As for the Dline in general, I was excited watching them during the preseason and felt like they’d be improved for sure (which wasn’t saying much considering just how terrible they were last season), but to this degree? Stunned! It’s so friggin nice seeing every one of them consistently win, even when doubled! 

Surprise, surprise... now our OLBs look better, too. Everyone does for that matter. Awesome. 

7 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Surprise, surprise... now our OLBs look better, too. Everyone does for that matter. Awesome. 

I could add this to my post above.

I wasn't ready to ship Kerrigan out of town or cut Preston Smith, nothing crazy like that.  But I certainly wasn't high on them.  I was thinking we would need for Junior to be the Junior of old, but at this point it looks like if he does that - it's a luxury.  It only makes sense that the middle of the line playing better, makes these guys better, I guess I just couldn't see it through my battered eyes.

13 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

I was devastated when they cut Francis and had Ziggy starting at Nose. 

He was bad in the preseason and I assumed that would translate. Figured we’d be seeing those automatic 4-6 yard gains up the middle again on the ground. But man am I loving being wrong about that. He’s looked good. Still gets pushed back at times, but he’s always in position and he’s penetrating here and there. 

As for the Dline in general, I was excited watching them during the preseason and felt like they’d be improved for sure (which wasn’t saying much considering just how terrible they were last season), but to this degree? Stunned! It’s so friggin nice seeing every one of them consistently win, even when doubled! 

Say four Hail Marys and pray the Redskins beads. Joking aside, I just knew Phil Taylor would look great and then get hurt, just didn't think he would never start a game. I said it on previous page, the new D players, Coaches have done a tremendous job so far. 

Archived