Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good Memories: September 19, 2005 - Monday Night Miracle

NewCliche21

So ES is still hobbled even though we got a win (shocker, I know), but this day is the twelfth anniversary of the Monday Night Miracle. I figured this would bring a smile to any fan's face.  The very first shot of Parcells's 77-0 win streak when leading by 13+ points in the fourth quarter is fantastic.

Yo, I remember being the only one up in the house and yelling so loud I woke everyone up.  If you stayed up to watch that live,wow, you got a memory for life.  It's right up there with the blocked FG returned by Sean to set up our own game winning FG against Dallas in a different season.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yo, I remember being the only one up in the house and yelling so loud I woke everyone up.  If you stayed up to watch that live,wow, you got a memory for life.  It's right up there with the blocked FG returned by Sean to set up our own game winning FG against Dallas in a different season.

I had an exam the next morning and was really pissed, so I went to bed.  My Cowboys friend left a bunch of trash talk voicemails that I still send to him to this day.

What a wonderful memory one I will never forget. I was in Anchorage at Eddie's Sports Bar watching the game with family and friends who were all Cowboys fans and I was the lonely Redskins fan. I remember us being in the game the whole game but wouldn't do anything about it they started scoring and took a 13-point lead at this point I was so extremely pissed I remember pulling the reverse psychology thing and was sarcastically rooting for the cowgirls, God I was so pissed, and then the miracle happened I scared so many people in that bar by yelling and screaming so loud I even went out in the parking lot and yelled and screamed my lungs off...something I will never EVER forget!

30 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That blocked field goal by Troy Vincent where ST recovered and returned with a face mask penalty that put us just close enough for novack to make ..opposed to missing like he just recently did earlier in the quarter from a little closer distance...that game right there had to been right up close to the Monday night miracle, I was at the Peanut Farm in Anchorage and all the other games had wrapped up so 90% of the TVs were on the Skins Cowboys game and every eye in the bar and I'm talking 150-plus people we're all on me Nick Novak set up for the field goal I was on one knee in the sports bar and when that ball shifted a little to the right and went in I jumped to my feet yelling and screaming people from all over the bar other than Cowboy fans LOL we're applauding me,..not the skins win..but my intense reaction.. that was awesome too!

Is it bad that what I remember the most from this is that I knew we were never going back to Patrick Ramsey?  Not saying things would have turned out any better or worse, but I was not a fan of Brunell.  What a range of emotions that game was.  We were completely inept for 3 1/2 quarters, and then to just explode like that was pretty unbelievable.

Watching Sean Taylor hit Crayton like a bus to shut down a sure 3rd down conversion was straight up sexy. Watching the whole game from a different Youtube video, the next play was Walt Harris immeadietly shutting someone down a receiver on 4th down.

I can't remember the last time I saw a defense so fired up. Wish we could see more of it now.

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

I had an exam the next morning and was really pissed, so I went to bed.  My Cowboys friend left a bunch of trash talk voicemails that I still send to him to this day.

Don't feel bad, brother, my dad was exhausted and had to work the next morning so he went to bed, too.  Probably shouldn't of gone into his room to wake him up, but I was high on adrenaline, man, lolz.

40 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

That blocked field goal by Troy Vincent where ST recovered and returned with a face mask penalty that put us just close enough for novack to make ..opposed to missing like he just recently did earlier in the quarter from a little closer distance...that game right there had to been right up close to the Monday night miracle, I was at the Peanut Farm in Anchorage and all the other games had wrapped up so 90% of the TVs were on the Skins Cowboys game and every eye in the bar and I'm talking 150-plus people we're all on me Nick Novak set up for the field goal I was on one knee in the sports bar and when that ball shifted a little to the right and went in I jumped to my feet yelling and screaming people from all over the bar other than Cowboy fans LOL we're applauding me,..not the skins win..but my intense reaction.. that was awesome too!

Ya, I was at work, and we had a radio in the back cargo area.  Was working at safeway and I so loud people could hear me when they were opening the glass doors on the otherside to get milk (at least that's what someone told me) : )

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

So ES is still hobbled even though we got a win (shocker, I know), but this day is the twelfth anniversary of the Monday Night Miracle. I figured this would bring a smile to any fan's face.  The very first shot of Parcells's 77-0 win streak when leading by 13+ points in the fourth quarter is fantastic.

A thing of beauty despite the games ugliness.  Lived in Texas at the time.  I was nearly asleep when we scored the first TD.  I thought, "Well at least we weren't shut out.  Then BOOM!  My third favorite play of the game was Sean blasting Patrick Crayton to stop the completion.  It was actually a fumble & Madden agreed.  Final score should have been 21-13 imho. Went outside & screamed as others here did as well.  REALLY satisfying victory. Btw, why is ES hobbled & why was the win vs the Rams a shocker?  Hail

48 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

A thing of beauty despite the games ugliness.  Lived in Texas at the time.  I was nearly asleep when we scored the first TD.  I thought, "Well at least we weren't shut out.  Then BOOM!  My third favorite play of the game was Sean blasting Patrick Crayton to stop the completion.  It was actually a fumble & Madden agreed.  Final score should have been 21-13 imho. Went outside & screamed as others here did as well.  REALLY satisfying victory. Btw, why is ES hobbled & why was the win vs the Rams a shocker?  Hail

1)  Yes, it was a fumble, clear as day.

2)  ES is hobbled because 95% of us are drama queens who would **** about a loss or a victory.

3)  The "shocker" part was sarcasm and in reference to people complaining regardless of outcome.

I was working on a road construction project up on Mauna Kea in Hawaii.  I had crappy AM reception so two hours of static filled misery until I called it quits and turned the radio off before I drove down the volcano back home in Hilo.  I was pretty depressed about not even showing up for the game.  Due to the time zone difference, MNF is tape delayed to 8:30 pm.  I got home around 5 pm local time, and a little later I turned on ESPN just to see how bad it turned out.  

First time I saw the score crawl across the bottom of the screen, I thought I was seeing things.  So I sat for several minutes until it came across again.  14-13.  I was so excited I sat through the whole miserable first three quarters knowing they weren't going to do anything good, just to see how it ended.  Worth it.

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'd actually forgotten about that Sean Taylor hit on Crayton.  What a talent that guy was, he was doing **** like that every Sunday.  Seeing that hit yesterday was a nice surprise and a really good reminder of just how good he was.

He just played at a different level/speed.  Man do I miss him....hail

Still gives me chills when I hear Al Micheals in my head

"Brunell, from the 30 going deep for moss again he makes the catch and Santana Moss for the touchdown"

Jesus Christ I am watching it right now on my tv.

Shivers and chocking up. I a

watch it in the morning.  

Sorry if sound obsessive I am even keeled guy except when discussing the skins, it's all heart.

PS. I HAVE THE VERSION WITH THE HANS ZIMMERVMUSIC BEING PLAYED IN THE BACKGROUND, I WISH I COULD POST IT HOWEVER I FIND IT ON THE ANDROID TV BOX YOUTUBE APP BUT CANNOT FIND IT USING I PAD SO I COULD POST IT. 

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH YOUTUBE CLIP I AM SPEAKING OF AND IF YOU COULD POST IT I WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATIVE.

Sorry for the caps

Also special for me as it was the moment I fell in love with Sean Taylor after that hit on Clayton. My God what a player. 

What at a shame. 

RIP 21

Lest I forget. Randy's Thomas in the background going nuts and Casey Rabach arms raised.  Love it

Oh sorry one last thing. 

Can an we please bring back white on red and red on white uniforms please. 

Oh sorry one last thing. 

Can an we please bring back white on red and red on white uniforms please. 

42 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Still gives me chills when I hear Al Micheals in my head

PS. I HAVE THE VERSION WITH THE HANS ZIMMERVMUSIC BEING PLAYED IN THE BACKGROUND, I WISH I COULD POST IT HOWEVER I FIND IT ON THE ANDROID TV BOX YOUTUBE APP BUT CANNOT FIND IT USING I PAD SO I COULD POST IT. 

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH YOUTUBE CLIP I AM SPEAKING OF AND IF YOU COULD POST IT I WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATIVE.

Also special for me as it was the moment I fell in love with Sean Taylor after that hit on Clayton. My God what a player. 

Here you go...

I watched up until the 3rd quarter when it was 13-0.  Had to work early the next morning and figured that I wasn't going to lose sleep over it.  My Mom called me as my wife and I were sleeping.  She had stayed up to watch it.  She was wondering if I saw it, but she didn't realize she had woke me up.

I will never forget that game. I was in college. I was so down for most of the game. Then everything changed. I remember running down college hallways screaming my head off with a bunch of Redskins fans. To his day that hit by ST was a fumble. This and The Hand of God game are the 2 redskins game I remember the most.

I watched this at my buddy's house, a fellow Skins fan, he actually fell asleep on the couch at some point near the end of the 3rd quarter.  I had enough and drove home, about 5 minutes away.  Turned the TV on when I walked in the door and that's when it all changed.  Definitely had a little extra swag walking into the office the next day.  Good times.

Archived