Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good Memories: September 19, 2005 - Monday Night Miracle

NewCliche21

BTW, the Moss MNF game and Sean Taylor blocked FG game are both on this DVD set (along with the 1982 NFC Championship game):

https://www.amazon.com/Brothers-Washington-Redskins-Greatest-Rivalries/dp/B0042CA8WM/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I was watching the game by myself and fell asleep after the 1st Moss TD.  I woke up right after the second one and was wide awake for the rest of the game ((...and then some).  Still not sure why that hit ST gave on that receiver near the end of the game was not a fumble.

I had gone to bed by then because it was my freshman year of high school and I knew I'd hate myself in the morning if I stayed up and watched the rest of the game. I'd already become accustomed to watching the Redskins lose prime time games so I figured the offense was DOA and there was no way they were going to make a comeback. 

When I saw the score the next day, I became convinced that I am a jinx for this team. 

3 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Personally hate this memory. Why? Because like so many others I went to sleep before it was over and missed the ending. I'm too big of a fan to do that normally but those late night games during the week are tough

Same here. I used to be a nightowl in college (and I usually had classes later in the morning) but I can't do that stuff anymore. 

37 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Personally hate this memory. Why? Because like so many others I went to sleep before it was over and missed the ending. I'm too big of a fan to do that normally but those late night games during the week are tough

Dear god, man, please schedule your naps during Redskins games if that's the case! :P

I was living in St. Louis- first job out of college; my skins fanhood waned a bit during college, so I was watching but not as intently as I did growing up. By the end of the 4th quarter,  I was transformed back into my 10-year-old self.  My roommates were not skins fan so I got on AOL Instant Messenger afterwards (remember that?) and starting IMing people from High School- people I probably hadn't spoken to in YEARS.

I remember my friends and I being the last Redskins fans in the Fredericksburg Buffalo Wild Wings late in the 4th Quarter and getting heckled by a sea of Cowboy fans. Praise goes out to Mark Brunell for getting that first. After Santana's second score, I remember standing on top of my table yelling at those wretched Cowboy fans to eat their words as Hail to the Redskins played over the intercom. Glorious...

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2017 at 3:04 PM, Redskins Reparations said:

I remember my friends and I being the last Redskins fans in the Fredericksburg Buffalo Wild Wings late in the 4th Quarter and getting heckled by a sea of Cowboy fans. Praise goes out to Mark Brunell for getting that first. After Santana's second score, I remember standing on top of my table yelling at those wretched Cowboy fans to eat their words as Hail to the Redskins played over the intercom. Glorious...

I had the EXACT same scenario, only I had JUST moved to Jacksonville, FL in July of that year and hadn't met many new friends yet so was at the BWWs in Jax.  I remember being so excited after the 2nd TD, I did an airplane around the entire bar lol

Archived