Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump's UN Speech - North Korea

LadySkinsFan

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

Why wasn't something like this done previously? Or was it and it didn't amount to much? I feel like hitting anyone in their pockets is the best way to stop behavior you dont like. So im surprised this is just happening. 

This is what I say to myself every time they announce new sanctions.  Wtf.  What sanctions did we have before?  It should not be possible to give tougher sanctions, but thats all weve heard since 2001

Yup, “bark loudly and threaten nuclear war.”

What a brilliant global strategy. 

Where are those damned fools who elected this jackass? I say when the war starts they get to hit the beaches of South Korea first. You wanted it, you got it.

But I’ll guarandamntee you that my kids won’t be fighting over there just because the Rightwing of this country has embraced absurdity and rejected truth and reason. 

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

I just read the article on CNN fanboying it up over the word dotard.  I can't stand Trump but I'm not about to cheer on North Korea's regime, for any reason, let along because they used a fun word most people had never heard of. 

Really, we can use enough words for Trump without lauding our enemy for calling him out. 

It's pretty frightening that two nuclear weapons leaders are trading insults and rattling sabers. 

57 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Really, we can use enough words for Trump without lauding our enemy for calling him out. 

It's pretty frightening that two nuclear weapons leaders are trading insults and rattling sabers. 

Right?  The tone of this whole situation strikes me as completely demented.  We're inching closer to nuclear war and people seem to be treating it like a joke.  The worlds gone completely mad.

4 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Oh, so Kim thinks he gets to create greater tension and it is the responsibility of the US and POTUS to diffuse those tensions?

Yes. That's what leadership is all about. I don't have any problem with the ratcheting up of pressure/sanctions but the name calling on Twitter is idiotic at best and completely unnecessary.

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Yes. That's what leadership is all about. I don't have any problem with the ratcheting up of pressure/sanctions but the name calling on Twitter is idiotic at best and completely unnecessary.

You're saying Kim is looking to Trump for leadership?  Weird. 

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

That misses the point that the leader of a country just said that it was the responsibility of the U.S. to diffuse the tension he is creating.  He chose a path and Trump's reaction confirmed he made the right choice. Meaning he chose the path before Trump.  Meaning the kid glove treatment of the DPRK for the last ~16 years had no positive impact.

25 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

That misses the point that the leader of a country just said that it was the responsibility of the U.S. to diffuse the tension he is creating.  He chose a path and Trump's reaction confirmed he made the right choice. Meaning he chose the path before Trump.  Meaning the kid glove treatment of the DPRK for the last ~16 years had no positive impact.

What positive development has come out of Trump's rhetoric?  As far as I can tell NK has accelerated their progress towards having an intercontinental ballistic missile this year,  How many successful tests since Trump took office?

Archived