Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Going Commando

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

This is a good pick, shows discipline and addresses the future....this kid had high grades and is a monster. 

Scouting report doesn't sound too promising.

If Christian can improve his anchor and functional power, he could become an average starter, but if not, he will be a swing tackle trying to hold off competition for his job.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/geron-christian?id=32462018-0002-5601-5322-e972be96c146

I'm watching Geron Christian's combine workouts and he can really slide and mirror.  Looks effortless for him whereas some guys are really hoofing it to cut off the edge.

I think this kid is a tackle.  Maybe he'll have to slide inside to get on the field for us, but he has the traits of a tackle.

Gallup has Jarvis Landry catch in traffic toughness across the middle and he's got a little ... (Antonio Brown) in him too. Sssshhh. 

The thing is, Gallup is clean, he's not "proteined" out like the Maryland dude. 

But if you tweak a little here and there, Gallup can be special. 

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm watching Geron Christian's combine workouts and he can really slide and mirror.  Looks effortless for him whereas some guys are really hoofing it to cut off the edge.

I think this kid is a tackle.  Maybe he'll have to slide inside to get on the field for us, but he has the traits of a tackle.

Gruden said they had a second round grade on him and he'd be a T and they may tinker with sliding Ty inside.

While he develops, he'll be depth so that our OL production doesn't fall off a cliff during the inevitable few missed games from starters. Pick up a G at some point with potential to start tomorrow and the grade is A+ for me.

Christian is considered to be a guy with solid potential who, if coached up and hits the weights, has more potential than some of the lineman picked ahead of him. Foot quickness and reach are his strengths, lack of upper body strength is his weakness....

1 minute ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Gallup has Jarvis Landry catch in traffic toughness across the middle and he's got a little ... (Antonio Brown) in him too. Sssshhh. 

The thing is, Gallup is clean, he's not "proteined" out like the Maryland dude. 

But if you tweak a little here and there, Gallup can be special. 

Separates. Physically tough. Great route runner. Catches everything. Adjusts well. Wins contested balls. Runs deep routes as well as inside. 

1/2 talent. Superb value. Another superadd in another big position of need. Third pick in a row for Dallas. 

Hail. 

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Separates. Physically tough. Great route runner. Catches everything. Adjusts well. Wins contested balls. Runs deep routes as well as inside. 

1/2 talent. Superb value. Another superadd in another big position of need. Third pick in a row for Dallas. 

Hail. 

Whoever that new draft scout guru is that Jerry hired, is revamping that roster with winners last few years. 

I forget which game it was where Gallup had this diving attempt in the endzone on an overthrown ball, he had the ball in his hands, totally outstretched, I gasped my breath, but the ground knocked it loose when he hit. I want to say Fresno State for some reason, but I could be wrong. It was an amazing rep. 

I nearly jumped out of my chair when I watched it, yelled too. It was one of those moments I knew I was going to draft him. 

Then I read about how he's really a country side boy and would rather go fishing than hang out at bars or on the street corner. That's when I greenlighted him. 

11 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Gruden said they had a second round grade on him and he'd be a T and they may tinker with sliding Ty inside.

I am not a big Kiper guy but I read his stuff anyway, I recall he's one of his favorite players in the draft saying he had the highest upside of any offensive tackle in the draft.

I studied a bunch of the guards but none of the offensive tackles so I know nothing about that guy aside from recalling Kiper on him.

Bob McGinn's draft report -- with scouts ranking OT's ranking the dude 3rd after McGlinchey and Miller.   That's high praise.  That arm length is in the range of Morgan Moses. 

3.  GERON CHRISTIAN, Louisville (6-5, 300, 5.39, 1-2): Spent three seasons blocking at LT for QB Lamar Jackson in coach Bobby Petrino’s pro-style offense. “He has a lot of arrows going up,” one scout said. “He was a surprise declaration as a junior. Nobody expected it. He’s got to get stronger (22 reps on the bench) but love his athleticism and his length (35 arms, 10 ¾ hands). He’s got really very good pass pro skills. You don’t want to play him early. Basically redshirt him for a year. Deactivate him. Get him stronger. He’s got a ton of up side.” Characterized as “lazy” by one scout. Ran much slower than expected. “He really should have stayed in school,” said another scout. “The guy that recruited him didn’t even think he was ready. He’s a big-time project.” From Ocala, Fla.

Archived