Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Going Commando

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Kelly is slow though.  I like the way he runs.  I like how he blew up Ronnie Harrison in the hole.  But he takes a month to get to the edge and he isn't going to run away from anyone.  A healthy Guice has a far better top gear.

Don't run with one timing likes it's gospel. I've seen dudes test 2 tenths, 3 tenths faster or slower any given day. Not the athlete that Guice is, I'll give you that, but investment cost always applies. 

Allocation of resources, another saying I repeat often. 

I also liked Kelly's attitude and personality better having studied the kid. He made mistakes too, expired license plates joyriding and weed in the car. Messed up a few times. 

Nonetheless, if you just focus on the Florida tape for Kelly, you're cleaning your underwear. Inconsistent output from an inconsistent program. But "dat Flo-rida tape doe," as the kid's would say. As you pointed out, Kelly definitely fought for yards and brought the groceries with him when he lowered his shoulder. 

Point is, I could never shake Kelly completely loose when evaluating Guice and means something to me, like a ghost whisper. 

3 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Nobody's gonna' touch Hurst are they until tomorrow?

Probably not.  The heart condition is the same one that ended Nick Fairley's career.  I suspect it kept him and Star Lotuleilei from ever being as dominant as they were in college.

I hope Hurst gets at least one good NFL contract before his condition ends his football career though.

NFC Personnel Director: Derrius Guice is 'best runner' in draft

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/NFC-Personnel-Director-Derrius-Guice-is-best-runner-in-draft-117005355

Derrius Guice should be available for the Philadelphia Eagles at No. 32 and is getting rave reviews from scouts and talent evaluators alike in the weeks leading up to the 2018 NFL Draft. The Eagles don't need a running back in this draft, with with Jay Ajayi a year away from free agency the franchise could use some extra depth at the position in case Philadelphia lets Ajayi walk. 

One NFC Personnel Director raved to NFL Network's Bucky Brooks about Guice and his pure running ability, something that would highly benefit the Eagles. 

"I think he's the best runner in the draft. He's not the best overall player at the position, but as a runner, it's hard to find a better one in this class. From his balance, body control, explosiveness and strength, he can do it all with the ball in his hands. ... He finishes his runs violently and repeatedly runs through contract. That's exactly what you want your top running backs to do."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000816965/article/first-look-scouting-lsu-rb-derrius-guice

Jeremiah

Biggest takeaway: Penn State's Saquon Barkley is going to enter the 2017 CFB season as the top running back in the country, but Guice belongs in his company. He's an explosive runner with excellent balance and a tenacious style. He isn't quite as powerful as his former teammate Fournette, but he has a little more wiggle and elusiveness. I see a little bit of LaDainian Tomlinson in his running style, but he really reminds me of a young Frank Gore. He's a tough guy to get on the ground.

Doug FarrarVerified account @BR_DougFarrar
FollowingFollowing @BR_DougFarrar
More

I love Saquon Barkley's tape, but when I put on Derrius Guice's 2016 pre-injury tape--he looks like RB1. Almost as explosive and just a freaking wildebeast after contact. If Guice can still be that guy, think I'd rather have him.

28 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Where's @Skinsinparadiseat the key moment....

I needed a good 15 minutes to settle down my ebullience, streaked down the street, now I am good to post.

3 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Giants having a real strong draft. 

Still think they messed up not taking the QB though at 2. Not often the Giants are drafting that high. 

Hail. 

Yeah sadly agree.  Love Henandez.  Barkley of course.  And Hill was one of the guy I've been touting among others for weeks to take instead of ironically Payne in the first.

6 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Giants having a real strong draft. 

Still think they messed up not taking the QB though at 2. Not often the Giants are drafting that high. 

Hail. 

when you think about it though, grooming a qb is luck....drafting a qb is luck....if you've got a team, just get a journeyman fa when you need it and cross your fingers

...Franchise qbs come and go to Minnesota or another premade contender

Archived