Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

57 minutes ago, bearrock said:

So what happens to early Buttigieg votes when tabulating the 15% threshold?  If you count them as disqualified, that seems to be a big boost to those on the cusp of 15% in CA like Biden and Warren.

a vote still counts as a vote, especially since they usually 'suspend' the campaign rather than withdraw.

I still think I would rather have Pete as a VP than anyone else for whoever ends up with the nomination. He has a future, I like some of his ideas, and I like what I know about him as a person.

And despite what I read on here sometime this week, I do consider him being gay as part of my minority solidarity or however the correct way to say that. I was a little upset when I read someone say that minorities don’t consider gays one of them or something to that effect. But the truth is anyone who is seriously interested in true freedom understands that means for everyone. Not just my people but all people. (That doesn’t mean all minorities understand their own plight - but that’s for a different day) 

No to Buttigieg as Veep, if Biden the nominee.

Buttigieg has no future if he can't get support of minority voters.  He needs to run for congressman and then governor and earn minority votes.  He's 38; so plenty of time for him to run for President in the future.

If Biden is the nominee, it will be Hillary 2.0.  He won't excite anyone and will have some of the same problems that Hillary did.  The Sanders voters won't all vote for him, they just won't.  He will need something to get his ticket some excitement and that can only happen with a minority as his veep. Someone like Shirley Abrams is a must for Biden's veep.

Of course, Biden has to beat Sanders outright on Tuesday in many states and he has to earn 15% in California to reduce Sanders' delegate haul there.  Amy really needs to drop out now, it will help her in the future if she does. The party will look favorably on her. She's 59; so she got 12 more years to be a candidate in the future. 

Warren's ego will keep her in the race, especially if she wins a nice haul of delegates on Tuesday.  Bloomberg's gamble was to just to earn delegates and have this go to a contested convention.  So, he's not dropping out at least until/Tues/Wed if his gamble fails.  Sanders won't want anything to do with him; should Sanders be the nominee.  Bloomberg should  still make anti-Trump adds and poor his $$$$ into Senate and Congressional races.

Tuesday will give us clarity. I still see Sanders having that overwhelming delegate lead.   We will see what happens. Should be a fun Tuesday watching all the results coming in.

44 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The Bernie bro’s are melting down right now.  It’s great.  Somehow Pete dropping out is the establishment making sure the Bernie doesn’t get the nomination.

Those kids don’t get it.

They thought they were going to trump their way to the nomination

they still can. Klobuchar and warren need to step out. Immediately. 

Archived