Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Pete is down 5% since December?  After tying for the win in IA?  Seems weird.  

There is alot of conspiracy around that and I wouldn't be surprised, with the way social media and stuff like that works now, if people were buying into it. That and *I bet Bloomberg is taking some of that pie away from him. 

*No reason to actually believe that part other than how fast Bloomberg's popularity is growing. 

1 minute ago, visionary said:

Also it seems Biden is a bit low and losing support even in the national polls.  

Yall think this stuff the Republicans did to Biden is actually working or is he just not as good as the other candidates? 

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

There is alot of conspiracy around that and I wouldn't be surprised, with the way social media and stuff like that works now, if people were buying into it. That and *I bet Bloomberg is taking some of that pie away from him. 

*No reason to actually believe that part other than how fast Bloomberg's popularity is growing. 

I think Pete's performance in New Hampshire was more impressive though, even with Amy likely cutting into his support and giving Bernie the edge.  Pete came closer to beating Bernie in the popular vote in NH than in Iowa, I think.  But with more experienced politicians like Amy and Bloomberg gaining prominence, it's possible people are checking their options again.  I'm still confused as to why Steyer is polling well in the state polls however.

Will Bloomberg be at the next debate, since it seems he qualified?  He's been avoiding them so far. 

Not sure when it is, but it must be soon, since Nevada is in a few days and voting has already started.  

11 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Honest question because I haven’t really looked into Bloomberg much, is it possible he votes/supports things he agrees with and not just straight party line?  

Yes, actually.  He started out as a Demo, switched to GOP to run for mayor to help his chances.  People forget he spoke at the Dem 2016 convention to deliver a blistering attack on Donald Trump.

He needs to be in the debate. Regardless of what I think of him, at this point he is a contender and he needs to sharpen his skills. He can throw out policies and ads all he wants but wathcing him in interviews, he's pretty raw and I think he is going to need some practice at debating and saying what he needs to say if he ends up being the one to go against Trump. 

Though honestly, if we hit Super Tuesday and Biden, Bloomberg, Pete, Warren and Klobuchar are all still in it, it seems Bernie will seal up the nomination pretty quickly. At least 2 of those are going to have to drop out pretty soon or he may build too large of a lead. 

i wouldlike to see a poll of democrat voters that asks... :

Bernie Sanders versus ANYbody but Bernie Sanders

he is benefiting more than anyone else from the fragmentation from having so many candidates remaining.   I would easily vote for him over Trump (obviously) or really any Republican as they exist now... but i would also easily rank him dead last of all the democratic candidate, by a country mile.   

It a place where the more sophisticated voting structures would REALLY help (rank voting, and what not....)

19 hours ago, Dan T. said:

It does seem like the hard core Bernie bros and the Trump morons are two sides of the same coin.

I found another Bernie Bros, Krystal Ball. 

Tho, your sentiment surely is something the intelligence community would die to possess and any of Sanders opponents too.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

He needs to be in the debate. Regardless of what I think of him, at this point he is a contender and he needs to sharpen his skills. He can throw out policies and ads all he wants but wathcing him in interviews, he's pretty raw and I think he is going to need some practice at debating and saying what he needs to say if he ends up being the one to go against Trump. 

Though honestly, if we hit Super Tuesday and Biden, Bloomberg, Pete, Warren and Klobuchar are all still in it, it seems Bernie will seal up the nomination pretty quickly. At least 2 of those are going to have to drop out pretty soon or he may build too large of a lead. 

He won't win a general election....

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Been saying for weeks this was 2016 all over again. With the Dems mirroring what the Reps did. Looks increasing likely you all won't be able to stop Sanders.

21 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

He won't win a general election....

Same was said about Trump.  I wouldn't predict who would win even if Sanders was the nominee.  Just that once again the choice will be between two ****ty choices (or a write in that can't win which would be the best choice anyway imo).

23 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Bernie’s most rabid supporters just spent the past 24 hours harassing a Nigerian man who supports Buttigieg,

You want to know how I know this is bull****? Because in the span of a 24 hour news cycle the entire drama plays out on Twitter, which is a universe onto itself -- the beginning, middle and conclusion come to pass AND an article is written detailing all the players, the scheme, the who was pretending to be who and then the final definitive out come gets boiled down to: "Bernie Bros = bad" and they harassed a black person.

Funny how Sanders polls well with african americans while Buttiegeg (reportedly) has a "black voter problem." 

Last I saw Biden had the lead with Sanders 2nd. But thus far into the primary, the rub on Buttigiege has been that he polls terribly with people of color and black males. It's been the source of tons of op-ed pieces from every damn possible location. Choose who you want to believe on that subject.

But ... here's a convenient story about a black supporter of Pete. I guess they found the one guy.

The real dig on Mayor Pete was that he "supposedly" shielded a racist police force in south bend which, among a few scuttlebutts, was caught enacting a racist scene from the djengo unchained movie. There was some thing about Buttiegeg firing the former police chief who was a black man and the scuttlebutt behind all that, which I don't care to swim into that toxic river.

https://www.southbendtribune.com/news/local/south-bend-police-investigating-video-of-officers-joking-referencing-kkk/article_b939fbcc-228b-11ea-919f-73ac7ab8ce86.html

I do know this, that Hillary Clinton spent actual money on her own internet task force of head crackers back in 2016 called correct the record. I guess technically it was a super pac funded thing. So, don't need wikileaks to produce documents verifying CTR. So, there were literal minions out there on the tubes, paid money -- real money, doing their best "bros" confabulations.  

Any intelligence officer would surely agree that if you want to produce a desired outcome, often a tactic used is to project ones largest failings onto their opponent ... and ostensibly the desired outcome for Buttiegieg would be to influence and manipulate, or coerce any undecided voters that would go democratic to not support Sanders by making the supporters of Sanders into ... well find a thesaurus and write down every -ists word you can get. The more syllables the higher the score. 

But in lieu of words, actions and examples are often the most profound. So, it requires bad actors. It requires a not so hard to unravel plot ... if buzzfeed is the group exposing the "truth" then this little play had to be hatched by kindergarten storybook level team from the IC. 

So, a not so complicated plot that gets foiled and blah, blah, blah ... the only takeaway buzzfeed wants you to get is "bros" harassing. Effective in our ADHD news cycle world.

Dollars to donuts, if some damn fool on the internet is rage acting and is overtly wearing "BB" colors going around stormtropper, me thinks the bad actor doth act too much. 

Let's IP address these "bros" and see how many return back Langley VA. 

I mean when this twitter play unfolds to the point that buzzfeed is like: "here's a group of people on twitter, all bros, doing nasty stuff -- so let's extrapolate that outward to encapsulate the hundreds of thousands and millions of voters across america who support Sanders." 

That's the mind dead association that's trying to be made here and hundreds of times over. So, do you agree with that? That a pejorative slur is accurate representation of so many Americans?

What the establishment is painting for you here is that the state of Iowa is full of bros. Same in New Hampshire. And coming soon to a town near you, more bros.

Except when they're not.

Clearly any negative press on Sanders supporters is intended to persuade other Democrats to believe in a narrative that they are terrible people, not just ... I don't know, poor people who are sick and tired of being sick and tired, who see corruption, or "at best" unfair tilted tables of practices from the DNC and corporate money, that they don't get a fair shake ... hhm, I guess someone would get mad at that, weird. 

Open question:

If you really wanted to call someone a Bernie Bros based upon how they wrote something online, or rather, your perception of their tone and general tact when it came to discussion online, but you found out they were a person of color, or a woman, would you still use a pejorative smear and call them a "bernie bros"?

18 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Bernie vs Trump is my absolute worst case scenario. I'll still end up picking Bernie, but Jesus Christ....can we not produce a better candidate?

Maybe yes. Maybe not.

Bernie gets the nomination it will be because he has a solid base of support that for him only.  Two, his opposition is divided among 5 candidates: Biden, Buttigieg,Klobuchar,Warren and from 3/3-Bloomberg.   As long as the race isn't one on one; Sanders has the path to the nomination.

23 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Bernie’s most rabid supporters just spent the past 24 hours harassing a Nigerian man who supports Buttigieg, who they determined was really just a white woman pretending to be black. Thousands of people harassed him enough that he had to deactivate his social media handles. And it turned out, that he is indeed Nigerian. 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/janelytvynenko/pete-buttigieg-campaign-sock puppet-Nigerian

Seen this behavior before - in my party.  

How do we know who would benefit most from others dropping out? Is that a stat I missed some place? Serious inquiry. 

I feel like Sanders would take most of Warrens voters if he were their only choice but im sure all the others would be against him. I dont know how to prove that though. 

34 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Open question:

If you really wanted to call someone a Bernie Bros based upon how they wrote something online, or rather, your perception of their tone and general tact when it came to discussion online, but you found out they were a person of color, or a woman, would you still use a pejorative smear and call them a "bernie bros"?

this is a really.... head-scratching of a question.

(*** i re-edited 3 times to get to "head-scratching" *** )

is your question really:   "Would you still write something critical but in no-way race-related about person x even if you found out that person x was a person of color...?" 

because frankly,  my reading of your question sounds absurd 

Amy, Pete, Joe & Elizabeth think Super Tuesday will propel them.  

Amy got that nice surge in NH based on her last debate but realistically she's not going to go far.  She 's doesn't have much support.  She needs to drop out after SC, when she fails to win much votes in NV & SC.  I don't see her winning 15% of the vote to get delegates.

Pete can probably go to at least Super Tuesday, but he needs to win delegates to going past Super Tuesday.

Joe's last shot is NV & SC.   If he can't get 15% of the vote then it's over.  He gets 15%, then he can probably plug along to Super Tuesday.  If he doesn't, he needs to drop out before Super Tuesday to give one of the other candidates a shot of stopping Bernie.

Elizabeth needs to win, not just get 15%. She needs to win states or her candidacy is basically over.  She will hang around until Super Tuesday but she's done after that.

We won't know until Super Tuesday: 3/3 how Mike will do in this race.

Bernie is the prohibitive favorite. Honestly, I don't see how he doesn't go into the convention without the the majority of delegates.  He will be the delegate leader.  I don't see how the Dem can deny the delegate leader the nomination at the convention.  Especially, if Bernie has a big lead over his rivals and that's seems likely.  The weaker candidates likely aren't dropping out before Super Tuesday; so the non-Bernie vote will be split.  The only way I see the Dems denying Bernie the nomination is if the 2nd place finisher is real close.  Then they can use Super delegates in the 2nd round of balloting.  Either way, it will be a cluster****.   Bernie gets the nomination outright or Bernie the delegate leader is denied the nomination.

Either way, Trump is sitting pretty.   It might just be better to concentrate on the Senate races & keeping the House. So, they will be able to stop Trump from going to crazy in his 2nd term.

Actually, what will the moderate/establishment Dems do if Bernie is the nominee.  I know many won't want to vote for Bernie but what will they do.  Will they stay home?   They can skip voting for Bernie and vote down ballot.  That's vital.

CNN has a town hall with Bernie, Pete & Amy tonight  and there's another debate tomorrow.  Hoenstly, there's no point to any more debates unless Bloomberg is in it.

Archived