Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

55 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I'm not in "get off my lawn mode" on debt.  I paid mine myself but can see the benefit of freeing others.

However, it is a pretty weak argument to frame this as "punishment" that someone is expected to pay back money they owe.

****ty politics. And I plan to expect better from whatever politician I can. Cause otherwise we keep escalating to whatever it is the Republicans call themselves. 

Its true it costs too much and its unreasonable. But thats the deal you make. Its not punishment. Its taking advantage for sure, though. And she could have said it that way but its much less attention grabbing. 

Bloomberg talking about Norfolk (that's already blue) in different part of the state turning red to blue when the state is already blue.  I dont care how much money he has google maps is free.

You cant want to be a leader of world affairs and cant even get your own country's geography right.  Virginia isnt even a battle ground state, with that message he shoulda gone to Georgia.

This is what happens when beating Trump becomes more important then being President and what that actually means.

one of the many popularly-stated issues with dems made across the political spectrum  is that they have a longstanding tendency to self-destruct and to devour each other unnecessarily

i find the bloomberg deal kind of a typcial dem mess---i get the rational criticisms of being a billionaire candidate able to toss his own vast wealth around in the competition and the late arrival, but seeing the level of negativity and outright animosity being directed at a guy who's worked and donated so significantly and successfully to advance a number of key dem issues is really unfortunate and dumb imo

i don't really care for him as candidate, either, no matter when he'd have joined or used his money, just noting what again seems to me as an unnecessary self-harming (dems as a party) dynamic

23 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

one of the many popularly-stated issues with dems made across the political spectrum  is that they have a longstanding tendency to self-destruct and to devour each other unnecessarily

One of the many reasons I wish there was a valid non-evil alternative to them. They could be a much better party if they learned this lesson, and them losing a few elections because of it would do them some good. But it will not happen that way if the only other option is a party that would legit hang me if it helped them politically. 

36 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i find the bloomberg deal kind of a typcial dem mess---i get the rational criticisms of being a billionaire candidate able to toss his own vast wealth around in the competition and the late arrival, but seeing the level of negativity and outright animosity being directed at a guy who's worked and donated so significantly and successfully to advance a number of key dem issues is really unfortunate and dumb imo

Bloomberg was a leading voice on one of the most racist policing policies in the entire country (stop and frisk). He deserves every bit of heat he's received for his past support of using state authorities to harass minorities and justifying it until he had to win their votes and then issued an apology. Only a billionaire can self-fund a Presidential campaign despite such a stain on their record, which is a problem in itself.

Tom Steyer, another billionaire, hasn't received the same amount of scorn as Bloomberg because he doesn't have a sordid past of supporting outright racism.

The enormous field of Dems running in 2020 is no different than the enormous field of GOP running in 2016.   People see an opportunity and feel they have a shot at it.

In 2016, Obama was done.  None of the GOP had to run against him so it brought out a ton of candidates who felt there was an opening.  In 2020, Dems see Trump as a flawed and vulnerable candidate so they all feel if they can get the nomination, they have a decent shot at winning.

This isn't rocket science, and the continually harping of there being so many candidates is getting old.  None of us like the fact that this late in the game there are still so many people on the stage, but to create these weird narratives about it is dumb.

20 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Bloomberg was a leading voice on one of the most racist policing policies in the entire country (stop and frisk).

thanks for the breaking news. yes to that (and many liberal dems fell into that pit though i don't see them all as coming off as having disqualifying racism issues for eternity) and yes to those other criticisms i said i get, but you don't address the main point of my post

He deserves every bit of heat he's received for his past support of using state authorities to harass minorities and justifying it until he had to win their votes and then issued an apology.

sure, but again, what's your choice of conduct? do you encourage or support the guy when he's helping things to your liking and publicly show appreciation for what he's done right, while still slamming him as merited per matter at hand, or do you just say remain silent on him as he continuously helps to advance those major key issues but then get all loud about him being a racist for stop and frisk? 

Only a billionaire can self-fund a Presidential campaign despite such a stain on their record, which is a problem in itself.

addressed in my original post, superfluous here

Tom Steyer, another billionaire, hasn't received the same amount of scorn as Bloomberg because he doesn't have a sordid past of supporting outright racism.

yes, without a racism-issue anchor, he hasn't received as much negativity overall (which makes sense as he also has no past political controversies from some major elected position previously held), and likely at least part in due to how long he's been going at impeachment in the media....so he's not quite the same type of "late joiner", but he's still got a lot of grief from a lot of dems and he's a guy who's done a lot for the dems.....there are better ways to do these things is my view

actually, while you're one of the regs who posts a lot of what i think is solid intelligent commentary, it's my opinion that you also routinely make posts that serve as good examples of the kind of oft-noted dem on dem issue i describe

that's not intended as some hostile rebuke here, just a take

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

sure, but again, what's your choice of conduct? do you encourage or support the guy when he's helping things to your liking and publicly show appreciation for what he's done right, while still slamming him as merited per matter at hand, or do you just say remain silent on him as he continuously helps to advance those major key issues but then get all loud about him being a racist for stop and frisk? 

If he's funding gun control politics on his own dime, who am I to say anything? Go for it, and I'll even applaud it. But if you're banking on my vote to ascend to the highest office in land, it's fair to say that you need to answer to minority men about why you mobilized law enforcement to specifically target us and violate our civil rights. And Bloomberg's half-assed apology, only when he needs people like me voting for him, doesn't get it done.

10 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

actually, while you're one of the regs who posts a lot of what i think is solid intelligent commentary, it's my opinion that you also routinely make posts that serve as good examples of the kind of oft-noted dem on dem issue i describe

Parties need functioning immune systems where the T and B cells takeout the tumors and pathogens. I agree that letting this get out of hand can also mean you end up with an autoimmune disorder but I like to think that a healthy dose of some in-party fighting can help prevent people like Matt Gaetz, Marsha Blackburn and Donald Trump. :)

Archived