Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Redskins record predicted by the early betting lines: 7-8-1

Tsailand

Betting lines for every game on our 2017 schedule are here: http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/19343291/nfl-full-odds-2017-washington-redskins-games

Win probabilities based on the lines here: http://www.bettingtalk.com/win-probability-percentage-point-spread-nfl-nba/

I added the win probabilities up to get 7.61 wins, which rounds off to 7.5 for a 7-8-1 record. 

Also, we are favorites in seven games and dogs in eight. 7-8-1. 

image.png.56c1d99303cf9df3343a9fb17c460bd9.png

Couple thoughts. 

1. When did a teams season only become 15 games? You are missing the second Giants game

2. Vegas has had the over under on wins for the Redskins and other teams out for many months now so misunderstanding how this is news. 

3. This schedule looks extremely difficult. We have three trips out West. We play in the loudest stadiums in the league (Kansas City and Seattle). We play the Cowboys coming off the bye week rest. This is brutal

My prediction per game not afraid to say how and why I see it 

Eagles - Win - Home game giving benefit of the doubt but until I see it on the field could easily lose this game
Rams - Loss - Just like West coast teams traveling East, those games are usually losses. I sense Gurly running wild on us this week
Raiders - Loss - Even at home the Raiders are the better team
Chiefs - Loss - Playing in KC I think we get stomped
49ers - Win - We are better then the 49ers
Eagles - Loss - I think we split with them
Cowboys - Loss - Zeke first game back, after bye week rested. I predict the Cowboys start off slow and this is an elimination game between the teams and we lose. 
Seahawks - Loss - We never win in Seattle or against the Seahawks
Vikings - Loss - Vikings are better then we think they are and we won the last close one
Saints - Loss - In NO on that fast track we will probably lose
Giants - Win - Giants O line will get crushed against our D front
Cowboys - Loss - Hard to predict a win in Dallas
Chargers - Loss - See week 2, if we lose that game we lose this game. If we win week 2 we definitely have a chance this game
Cardinals - Loss - Cardinals are better then we are
Broncos - Win - Meaningless game at this point that winning only hurts us long term and our propensity to always win games we should be losing

So right off the bat I see a range of outcomes from 3 to 5 wins, giving two games for luck and I see a 5-7 win schedule. Take the under

My Prediction:

Vs Eagles W

@ Rams W

Vs Raiders L

@ Chiefs L

Vs Niners W

@ Eagles W

Vs Cowboys L

@ Seahawks L

Vs Minny L

@ Saints W

Vs NYG W

@ Cowboys L

@ Chargers W

Vs Arizona W

Vs Denver W

@ NYG L

9-7 and I predict we don't get in because we blow it against the Giants again who will actually have something on the line this time around. 

14 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It'll take an act of God to get us to 9-7.

I don't think so. If you look at the schedule. Chargers, Arizona, Saints, Niners, Rams are all below average teams. You don't know what we have yet with Philly and Dallas and along with the Giants division games are always a crapshoot. That leaves Denver, Seattle, Minny, Raiders and Chiefs. I don't think Denver is that good anymore, especially with their QB situation and the fact the defense is getting old real fast (not to mention lack of run game). Minnesota, another team that really could go either way for them. Seattle, Oakland and KC i'm not confident on beating. 

15 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don't think so. If you look at the schedule. Chargers, Arizona, Saints, Niners, Rams are all below average teams. You don't know what we have yet with Philly and Dallas and along with the Giants division games are always a crapshoot. That leaves Denver, Seattle, Minny, Raiders and Chiefs. I don't think Denver is that good anymore, especially with their QB situation and the fact the defense is getting old real fast (not to mention lack of run game). Minnesota, another team that really could go either way for them. Seattle, Oakland and KC i'm not confident on beating. 

Zona and the Saints will thump this defense.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I don't think so. 

Don't get me wrong. I don't think we'll be what the average fan considers to be treat, but our defense is going to be much better.

I doubt we do anything as special or interesting (but equally as annoying) as tie again, but I think we will be a solid average, not blown out by anyone.

I think we're the type of mediocre that can blow out a bad team occasionally, despite generally playing down to them, without getting blown out by the good ones.

4 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I actually think the Cards and Saints are within reach as long as we don't stink the place up. Arizona was shattered after they got blown out by the Panthers in 15, in the same way that the Panthers have been after losing the Super Bowl. They might get themselves back on track, but I think Palmer peaked that season and is going to make his age a lot more noticeable. The Saints are the scarier of the two, but it seems that each season they get worse and worse.

9 hours ago, bobandweave said:

1. When did a teams season only become 15 games? You are missing the second Giants game

There's no official line on week 17 games this early, because of the chance that starters won't be playing.  So I called it .500.  Just don't think about what happened last time we played the Giants week 17.

You blackpilled folks predicting 5 wins or less are going to look like fools once Kirk and his WRs get in rhythm.

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Zona is essentially a one man offense now with DJ. Don't give me garbage about Fitz and Carson and Gresham. If they stop Johnson this team is stagnant. The Saints scare me a little, not because of their Air game, but the depth of their run game. 

My 2017 Prediction:

Vs Eagles L -  We come out flat.  0-1.

@ Rams L - We lose this one. 0-2.

Vs Raiders L - Raiders crush us. 0-3.  Talk about Gruden's replacement begins.

@ Chiefs L - Kirk gets benched before halftime & Colt finishes the game. 0-4.  Snyder and Bruce, have a long talk with Gruden that night.  Many expect Gruden, to be fired.  It doesn't happen but changes are made during the bye.

Bye Week

Vs Niners W - Bye helps the team, as we finally win a game. 1-4.

@ Eagles W - We get revenge for the opening loss. 2-4.

Vs Cowboys L - We lose again. 2-5

@ Seahawks L - We lose again. 2-6.

Vs Minny W- We rebound & win. 3-6.

@ Saints L-  Drew Brees outplays Kirk, we lose. 3-7.

Vs NYG W - We bounce back and beat the Giants. 4-7.

@ Cowboys L - We get swept by the Cowboys. :(  4-8.

@ Chargers L- Chargers beat us easily. 4-9.

Vs Arizona L- Arizona wins this one. 4-10. Pregame talk, Gruden gets fired. Bruce and Dan and Jay have another long meeting and Jay survives.

Vs Denver W - Skins win this one. 5-10. - Snyder is seen talking with a big name coach.

@ NYG L - We lose this one. 5-11.   

Gruden is fired that night after the Giants game & Bruce Allen resigns the next day.   Snyder lures another big name coach and gives him full control.

Skins don't franchise Kirk and he leaves.  Our new big name coach, intends to draft a QB with our Top 5 pick.

No coach has made it beyond 4 years under Dan and despite the extension last year; Jay won't be making it to a year 5.  He will flirt with being fired for most the season before being fired after the season.    Rinse and repeat.

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

My 2017 Prediction:

.......Gruden is fired that night after the Giants game & Bruce Allen resigns the next day.   Snyder lures another big name coach and gives him full control. Skins don't franchise Kirk and he leaves.  Our new big name coach, intends to draft a QB with our Top 5 pick.

No coach has made it beyond 4 years under Dan and despite the extension last year; Jay won't be making it to a year 5.  He will flirt with being fired for most the season before being fired after the season.    Rinse and repeat.

reaction wtf wut steve harvey dumbfounded GIF

9 hours ago, Tsailand said:

There's no official line on week 17 games this early, because of the chance that starters won't be playing.  So I called it .500.  Just don't think about what happened last time we played the Giants week 17.

You blackpilled folks predicting 5 wins or less are going to look like fools once Kirk and his WRs get in rhythm.

I hope so brother make no mistake my hope is 16-0 but there are major warning signs stairing me in the face right now I can't shake

1. Change in playcallers. Gruden is assuming too much imo

2. Offensive line looks out of sync

3. Receivers haven't looked as impressive as we all expect them to be

4. Extremely tough schedule

5. Running game looks bad minus perine against some guys unlikely to be in the league

I reserve the right to adjust my expectations once they show they can perform on the field but have to see it first. I will gladly accept I was wrong about this in fact I hope I am

8 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Zona is essentially a one man offense now with DJ. Don't give me garbage about Fitz and Carson and Gresham. If they stop Johnson this team is stagnant. The Saints scare me a little, not because of their Air game, but the depth of their run game. 

Carson Palmer last season  was a man of two seasons. Early on he over used his arm and they started off slow. When Arians put him on a pitch count his play improved a lot. Not having John Brown slowed down the passing game more then most realize but they should have him back this season and he is a difference maker. That defense is stacked too. Not agreeing that teams not good they will be back in the playoffs this year

13 hours ago, TheShredder said:

They'll be playing for a high draft pick.

5-11 or 6-10 range

Add:  This is the year Cousins should have taken the deal.

I think that's a given but it won't matter too much for him because the offer the team floated in the media was a bad deal to sign and with so many old QBs about to be out of the league and the salary cap so high some team out there will still pay him. What's two to five million when your getting 20+? Mike Glennon as awful as he is signed for 18 and Kirks 10 times the talent he is

19 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

My Prediction:

Vs Eagles W

@ Rams W

Vs Raiders L

@ Chiefs L

Vs Niners W

@ Eagles W

Vs Cowboys L

@ Seahawks L

Vs Minny L

@ Saints W

Vs NYG W

@ Cowboys L

@ Chargers W

Vs Arizona W

Vs Denver W

@ NYG L

9-7 

This sounds more realistic then the 4-12 and 5-11 predictions I have seen.

This season feels tricky. On the surface it's tempting to assume that we'll once again fall in the 7-9 to 9-7 range based on the past two years. I do believe that 9 wins is just about our ceiling. What makes things more uncertain is that we have no idea how the passing game will click because we lost our top 2 WRs. That's critical because we have basically been able to tread water due to that facet of the game...we don't run well, we don't stop the run well, and we don't stop the pass well. 

So, if there is a slide back in the passing game, this thing could go sideways pretty quickly. Factor in some pretty tough games and it wouldn't be shocking to see a 4-win season if a couple things stack up against us. If we can pass the ball, we should be playing important games in December and have a shot to get a wild card. 

Archived