Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nationwide Removal of Confederate Statues

No Excuses

1 minute ago, visionary said:

I think there need to be a national discussion on this topic, but even if some sort of consensus is agreed to, how could it be enforced without either being ineffectual or making things worse?

The younger generations are already doing this, since they reject the ideology of their grandfather's and insist on a new narrative, much the way that younger Germans came to terms with their Nazi history. 

But they need to be attentive, not throw the baby out with the bathwater so to speak, and get a fuller, more accurate basis to establish their future.

• Like 2

This is what these nitwits don't get, WHO GIVES A **** WHAT YOU LIKE? You don't like interracial relationships? who cares?, don't like gay relationships? again who cares? people need to realize that the world will keep spinning long after they are gone so mind your damn business and let people live their own lives.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, steve09ru said:

Can we rename this thread to just call out all statues being removed since it’s gotten to the point of non confederacy.

We’ve added Grant, Key and Roosevelt statues.

Nah, I agree with your premise, but removing the confederate statues can't get lost in the sauce here.

I'm not sure of best way to go bout it, but increasing the scope too large is exactly what some folks in general are worried about.

Whatever OP decides, we gotta keep eye on the prize in general on this topic, regardless of the thread title.  All Confederate statues have to come down, period.  I'm personally not satisfied until Stone Mountain is Some Mountain, Columbus will get his eventually.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 3

Things got a little testy in Richmond last night.  A few hard-heads decided to try and bring down the massive JEB Stuart statue around 10PM, which is a terrible idea...it could fall and kill dozens.  So the cops showed up and ran em out around midnight with some pepper spray and a bit of tear gas.  Not ideal, but the city still stands.

Also, JEB got a new hat.

F370C96C-FEE5-4D5A-B755-237B000D6940.jpeg

• Haha 5

Couple of thoughts:

1. Going to withhold judgment on the noose in the garage.  They have to have a ****-ton of cameras around millions of dollars of sheet metal, scrap iron and tools.

2. Stone Mtn?  Can’t just pull that over w a towstrap.  Wth to do w that thing, dynamite?  But, it’s also the most visited attraction (I think I read/heard that somewhere) in Ga, and that = big $$ to the state.

30 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Couple of thoughts:

1. Going to withhold judgment on the noose in the garage.  They have to have a ****-ton of cameras around millions of dollars of sheet metal, scrap iron and tools.

Withhold judgment?  Like waiting to see if this is a Jessy Smollett situation?

2. Stone Mtn?  Can’t just pull that over w a towstrap.  Wth to do w that thing, dynamite?  But, it’s also the most visited attraction (I think I read/heard that somewhere) in Ga, and that = big $$ to the state.

Dynamite is exactly what I was thinking, schedule it for live tv and give a speech right before it on why we should've done this years ago. Stick it right on the front of the carving.

MeaslyThirstyAlabamamapturtle-size_restricted.gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1