Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nationwide Removal of Confederate Statues

No Excuses

History is also taught differently depending on where you live, which is ridiculous. I'm not sure if the "War of Northern Aggression" is still taught in schools but I know my parents grew up learning the Civil War was only about State rights and had nothing to do with slavery. I still have a lot of relatives that cannot be reasoned with when it comes to historical fact that is easily proven with documents and words from the traitors themselves.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Ok you gotta give credit where credit is due some Trumpkin came up with this previously with Trump as the statues.  Really a reflection that they are more interested in sticking fingers in eyes (triggering) than anything else (it is not unique to them unfortunately).

curling.jpg

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

good point...ok...better idea...we'll have the army corps of engineers remake it into mlk, malcolm x  and shirley chisum

Sadly they're tasked with building the wall right now. It'd definitely be a better use of their talent and $'s.

• Haha 1

More insanity. 

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/06/24/arrest-then-statue-lake-how-madison-protests-unfolded/3248894001/

Hans Christian Heg was an abolitionist who died trying to end slavery. What to know about the man whose statue was toppled in Madison......

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/wisconsin/2020/06/24/hans-christian-hegs-abolitionist-statue-toppled-madison-what-know/3248692001/

Edited by nonniey
  • Like 1

the same humans who get very vocal about the "wrong" statues being taken down were apparently lees troubled by all the humans being taken down unjustly that have led to the statues being taken down

excess is excess, call it out, note the messenger (what is their dialogue on the matter overall), but keep it in perspective and keep your eyes on the prize

along with a final rejection of all the blatantly overt racists in the gop, no more falling into the minimize/deflect/dilute/deny/redirect traps from the horde of longtime supportive gopers (a multi-generational pool) who do not argue with integrity themselves...the bulk of that group basically demands their opposition "follow all the rules all the time" while their side is all about "whatever it takes, anything goes"  in many serious matters at hand

• Like 5

On 6/24/2020 at 6:57 PM, nonniey said:

More insanity. 

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/06/24/arrest-then-statue-lake-how-madison-protests-unfolded/3248894001/

Hans Christian Heg was an abolitionist who died trying to end slavery. What to know about the man whose statue was toppled in Madison......

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/wisconsin/2020/06/24/hans-christian-hegs-abolitionist-statue-toppled-madison-what-know/3248692001/

You have to appreciate the irony of protestors destroying the statue of an abolitionist and then attacking a democratic state senator for recording them with his phone.  Good grief.  it's enough to make you question if they're the genuine article.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jumbo said:

The bulk of that group basically demands their opposition "follow all the rules all the time" while their side is all about "whatever it takes, anything goes"  in many serious matters at hand

This is well put Jumbo.  In addition to describing the political situation it perfectly, it also captures (perhaps unintentionally) the problem with the police interaction we see today.  One side must follow all the rules, and react perfectly, the other is free to do whatever it takes. 

• Like 3

Used to live around the corner from Lincoln Park, if there's a way to take it down without tearing it and the Park apart, I'd prefer that.

DC isn't Alabama, if that's what the people want, don't act like ripping it down is the only way.  Replace it a less controversial statue of that man, he deserves one.

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Used to live around the corner from Lincoln Park, if there's a way to take it down without tearing it and the Park apart, I'd prefer that.

DC isn't Alabama, if that's what the people want, don't act like ripping it down is the only way.  Replace it a less controversial statue of that man, he deserves one.

DC isn’t currently a state either, which maybe means they are at the mercy of Trump, and the GOP senate to some extent.  Not sure how much legal say they have with the statues.

3 hours ago, visionary said:

DC isn’t currently a state either, which maybe means they are at the mercy of Trump, and the GOP senate to some extent.  Not sure how much legal say they have with the statues.

It's technically a federal park, so Holmes Norton is seeing if Park Service can take it down without congress.

My concern is folks saying they dont even want to try to go through the process and jus going to show up Friday to tear it down.

That's not how this should work, especially since Trump wants Marshall's at statues and those are in his jurisdiction.  That's federal charges, DC cant protect its citizens from that if they jus show up Friday and Marshalls are waiting for them.

its one thing if government flat out says "no", it's another to say you won't even ask. I dont think that's how folks should be doing getting rid of Confederate statues, and this isnt even a Confederate statue.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1