Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nationwide Removal of Confederate Statues

No Excuses

Splitting this off from the Charlottesville thread which should stay focused on hate group rallies and their aftermaths.

Currently there is a wave of activism sweeping the country that is calling for the removal of monuments to Confederate generals and soldiers, who were traitors to the country and fought for a horrible cause.

In Durham, protestors just took down a confederate statue.

By my estimate the following cities have decided to remove or are considering removal of Comfederate monuments:

New Orleans

Charlottesville

Richmond

Lexington

Jacksonville

I am probably missing more.

Edited by No Excuses

Municipalities should handle this and not the general public. People could be arrested for vandalism, like the gal in South Carolina who took down the state flag flying at their legislative building. 

It can be scheduled demolition, not as fast as some would like, but lawfully.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

By my estimate the following cities have decided to remove or are considering removal of Comfederate monuments:

New Orleans

Charlottesville

Richmond

Lexington

Jacksonville

I am probably missing more.

As I noted in the other thread, Alexandria (VA) has a statute of a random confederate soldier in Old Town.  The city has unanimously voted to remove it, but the state legislature blocked it from happening.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Blast from the past:

Taking ideas on what the confederate statues should be melted and turned into.

Thousands of small participation trophies for neo Nazis and neo Confederates. 

All engraved:  "You failed life, try harder next time." 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

As I noted in the other thread, Alexandria (VA) has a statute of a random confederate soldier in Old Town.  The city has unanimously voted to remove it, but the state legislature blocked it from happening.  

In North Carolina removing monuments from public property is banned. Even of your city wants to remove a statue they're kinda SOL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Meh those racist ****ers are already galvanized. 

Not with racists.  With rank and file white voters.  I see a video of crunchy looking protesters destroying and childishly defacing a confederate statue and I see Democrats losing seats in Congress and State Legislatures in droves.

• Like 4

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Not with racists.  With rank and file white voters.  I see a video of crunchy looking protesters destroying and childishly defacing a confederate statue and I see Democrats losing seats in Congress and State Legislatures in droves.

Thats already happened. The Dems lost the South long ago when they decided to support people of color and eventually the LGBTQ community.

• Like 5

Just now, No Excuses said:

Thats already happened. The Dems lost the South long ago when they decided to support people of color and eventually the LGBTQ community.

I take it this was after the Dems put up all those statues back in the day?

41 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Now in that case, if one night at 3:30am someone came around, removed it and it was never seen again. I wouldn't have a problem with that at all. 

40 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I would also be in favor of replacing them all with statues of William Tecumseh Mother****ing Sherman.  So nobody forgets "our history" and all that.

29 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Other, bigger statues.  Of William Tecumseh Sherman.

:rofl89:So glad to see I'm not the only one who instantly had this reaction.

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Crunchy looking? They look like Doritos? 

• Haha 1