Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

2 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

So you want to move trials to area you know you can get the outcome you desire?  That can't be abused or anything...

Some fun has been had. But then I have to get dirty and defend their right to exist and protest. Denying them the chance to protest sets the stage for the govt to prevent any group from protesting under the guise of public safety.

Then I feel all gross and no amount of alcohol or showering helps.

God luv ya, I couldn't agree more. I support their right to free speech, it is most important when you disagree with it. There has been a LOT of over the top rhetoric from many sides this year, but in the end if you genuinely believe in the ideals framed in the Constitution then you have to abide by them, dance with one that brung ya kinda thing.

Of course none of that prevents me from wanting to beat some sense (or at least civility) into some of them w/ a teeball bat................. doesn't mean I would, but I'd still like to, and tbh they aren't the only ones on my list.

• Like 1

It's ****ing ridiculous to accuse us of not respecting the Constitution when Republicans are trying like hell to keep people from voting. 

I support free speech and right to PEACEABLY assemble. Carrying deadly weapons to a protest is the antithesis of Peaceable assembly, and the presence of deadly weapons should be denied, notwithstanding the Second Amendment. 

Trials are moved all the time for various reasons including a jury pool tainted by publicity. If it's a Federal trial, there's no reason why a trial can't be moved to a different part of the country where publicity hasn't tainted the jury pool.

Example: McVeigh's trial was transferred from OK City to Denver. I'm sure there are many other examples.

And for what it's worth, I am getting sick of being accused of not being a patriot and not respecting the Constitution when a bunch of us are more respecting of the Constitution and people's citizenship rights than people who are either actively engaged in denying people's right to vote or support those who are.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

I don't think moving a trial away from the area it happened in is a good idea, in general.  The orginal post I responded to was:

That statement is working to achieve the desired result: jail. If you start with a verdict, and work your way back to rig the process (either way), the justice system is worthless.

I understand moving a trial to get an unbiased jury pool.  But moving it in order to get the desired outcome?  Antithetical to our justice system.  At that point, the trial becomes state theater.

Our justice system is already worthless, and has been worthless since it's inception. We need to stop putting lipstick on this pig and make drastic changes. Moving a trial isn't due to making sure someone goes to jail, when presently it's a guarantee they won't. It's trying to remove the bias that's already present. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Putin was raised in a ****ized version of communism.

Putin is more right wing/authoritarian and has more in common with our home grown right wing authoritarians. No wonder they are so simpatico, they want to rule by dictatorship..

That said...Putin and co. still have to appeal to the communists at times to keep them happy.

Plus they like to brag about their history (even including Stalin)

3 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Our justice system is already worthless, and has been worthless since it's inception. We need to stop putting lipstick on this pig and make drastic changes. Moving a trial isn't due to making sure someone goes to jail, when presently it's a guarantee they won't. It's trying to remove the bias that's already present. 

Name one better.

2 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Name one better.

Japan

I think you're asking about a better justice system. Though I'm kinda stunned someone would be defending it that adamantly so maybe I'm misreading you. I'm joining this discussion late.  

Anyway...wanted to post this in here too just to make sure people know what's going on

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83

14 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Name one better.

Exactly how is this response supposed to excuse widespread prosecutorial misconduct, openly biased Judges, and a system designed to allow you to get away with murder, literally, if you can afford it? But ruin your life over crimes that aren't even a felony if you're poor. 

I'm not playing this game, our justice system is trash. If you don't agree, please mount a defense of this system that doesn't come down to comparing it to even worse justice systems that are irrelevant. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 2

Student groups at the University of Virginia have issued a list of demands that includes racial quotas and mandatory “education” about Thomas Jefferson’s connection to white supremacy.

The ultimatum was issued Monday during a rally to “send a message to the university that we demand more from them [sic] in these times" following a white supremacist rally that overran campus.

More info here, plus the full list of demands:

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9630

When did NAACP change from National Association for the Advancement of Colored People to National Organization for the Association of Colored People?

5 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

Student groups at the University of Virginia have issued a list of demands that includes racial quotas and mandatory “education” about Thomas Jefferson’s connection to white supremacy.

The ultimatum was issued Monday during a rally to “send a message to the university that we demand more from them [sic] in these times" following a white supremacist rally that overran campus.

More info here, plus the full list of demands:

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9630

When did NAACP change from National Association for the Advancement of Colored People to National Organization for the Association of Colored People?

Hmmm...some of these demands are perfectly reasonable and others are somewhat misguided and optimistic.  All are preferable to armed gangs of Nazis patrolling the streets.  I'm not sure what you're going for with the NAACP comment.

UVADemands.jpg

Edited by TryTheBeal!

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I'm not sure what you're going for with the NAACP comment

If you can not get that name right, did you really get approval from this group or do you not know what NAACP means?

Does no open flames include people with candles?

$100K at 8% from 1921 to now is around $1.7 Million. 

1d54ef415ccadc9b0ee5eaabe6060d50.png

10 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Exactly how is this response supposed to excuse widespread prosecutorial misconduct, openly biased Judges, and a system designed to allow you to get away with murder, literally, if you can afford it? But ruin your life over crimes that aren't even a felony if you're poor. 

I'm not playing this game, our justice system is trash. If you don't agree, please mount a defense of this system that doesn't come down to comparing it to even worse justice systems that are irrelevant. 

Our justice system is flawed.  Their are a plethora of issues with it, and I don't claim it is perfect.  But it is still the best in the world.  While we should never stop trying to improve on it, calling for us to abandon it is pointless.

Not trying to be an ass.  Not trying to provoke and argument.  But sometimes it seems like you advocate going back to a wild west scenario where people decide what is right and wrong and how to remedy things.

14 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Japan

I think you're asking about a better justice system. Though I'm kinda stunned someone would be defending it that adamantly so maybe I'm misreading you. I'm joining this discussion late.

You would really rather have your fate decided by a single judge? After being denied legal counsel or contact with anyone for 48 hours, during which you are interrogated and threatened?

http://skeptikai.com/2013/09/28/the-whole-story-on-japans-99-conviction-rate-and-the-corruption-that-follows/

Japan is not a country we should model our justice system after.

Ours is far from perfect, and it needs to be improved drastically, so don't take my point to be that ours is fine. It's just the best model out there.

• Like 3