Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys' Taco Charlton struggling

Found these article titles funny lol...

Before the game:

Cowboys Taco Charlton gets a chance to prove the doubters wrong

Taco Charlton should get plenty of reps on Thursday, his first chance as a Cowboys player to impress the masses.

[...]training camp came along, and the early reviews of Charlton’s play were, let’s say, slightly negative. Of course, he’s just a rookie, he’s just learning his position in terms of NFL play, and he was going against some pretty good players. But that didn’t stop the whispering. Tonight Taco has a chance to change perception.

In reality, the only perception that matters belongs to Jason Garrett and Rod Marnelli.

[...]“He has said that once or twice,” Charlton said of the “Taquito” crack from Marinelli. “He gets after me. He likes what he sees. He tries to get me to do things and try different moves and expand my repertoire.”

After the game:

Cowboys DC: Taco Charlton 'wasn't good enough'

Dallas Cowboys first-round pick Taco Charlton played in just 16 snaps during Thursday's Hall of Fame Game, but it was enough for his defensive coordinator to give a negative review on his performance.

"Wasn't good enough," Rod Marinelli said Charlton after the Cowboys' 20-18 win, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "I need to look at the tape. But wasn't good enough."

Marinelli isn't one to wrap his thoughts in candy coating before assessing one of his player's performances, so his blunt critique isn't a shock. Still, it's notable that the defensive coordinator was comfortable giving a thumbs-down review after just 16 plays -- instead of the generic coach-speak we usually receive.

And in case you haven't seen any of the video from TC:

you guys should take a gander at cowgirlzone for some laughs.

Some of the Gems are, "Taco is the next Strahan"  "he set the edge well"

had zero on the stat sheet, but "played good when he was in"

blah blah blah

I hope the guy is a flop and him and the team and their fans all burn in hell.

15 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Taco Charlton is another Bacari Rambo. Scrub but fans fall in love with him because he has a unique/cool name. If his name was John Smith he would have probably been drafted like three rounds later.

Haha.  This is sad but true.  I loved Bacari Rambo because of the cool name and his name is only one letter off from mine.

Is there a team that has done a worse job investing picks into their Front 7 in the last few years? So many injuries, more suspensions from one unit than I can ever remember (many from players who came into the league with character or injury issues), and just overall underwhelming play from some. Sean Lee is a stud (again with injury issues) but otherwise they've put a lot of picks into that Front 7 with disappointing results.

Edit: Jesus, literally as I type this post Tyrone Crawford goes down with what looks to be a serious leg injury. Has nothing to do with my post, just freakish bad luck, but definitely exacerbates their problem if its bad.

17 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Edit: Jesus, literally as I type this post Tyrone Crawford goes down with what looks to be a serious leg injury. Has nothing to do with my post, just freakish bad luck, but definitely exacerbates their problem if its bad.

Yeah, I just saw that...Dallas can't afford to keep having defensive players missing time.

22 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Is there a team that has done a worse job investing picks into their Front 7 in the last few years? So many injuries, more suspensions from one unit than I can ever remember (many from players who came into the league with character or injury issues), and just overall underwhelming play from some. Sean Lee is a stud (again with injury issues) but otherwise they've put a lot of picks into that Front 7 with disappointing results.

Which is surprising. Will McClay and Dallas have been one of, if not the best drafting team in the last five or so seasons.

Just cannot win on the defensive line. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2017 at 8:38 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

And another one, this is unbelievable:

Ian Rapoport

#Cowboys fear starting LB Anthony Hitchens suffered a season-ending knee injury, sources say. MRI coming. A potential big loss on D.

So who's projected to start for them in their front seven? 

I already barely knew half their names. How is it looking Cowboy fans? Any of those backups impressive? 

At least it's looking like Jaylon Smith is healthy enough to make an impact. 

17 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

And another one, this is unbelievable:

Ian Rapoport

#Cowboys fear starting LB Anthony Hitchens suffered a season-ending knee injury, sources say. MRI coming. A potential big loss on D.

He will be back in 8 weeks. Did not tear the ACL or MCL 

17 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

So who's projected to start for them in their front seven? 

I already barely knew half their names. How is it looking Cowboy fans? Any of those backups impressive? 

At least it's looking like Jaylon Smith is healthy enough to make an impact. 

Week 1 ...

Lawrence - Collins - Paea/Thornton - Mayowa.

Crawford, Tapper, Neal are all going to see significant snaps. 

Moore, Irving are both starters and will play significant snaps after they come back from suspension. Lewis Neal has stood out at camp and will be a great player. Charles Tapper has a high ceiling but is always hurt.

We don't have a Vernon, Kerrigan or Cox. But we have a ton of great depth rotational guys. 

Remember Maliek Collins name. Dude will be the best of the bunch 

We should open Week One as followed 

DE - Lawrence, Mayowa

DT - Collins, Paea or Thornton 

LB - Lee, Smith, Wilson or Durant. Pending Wilsons suspension 

CB - Carroll, Scandrick, Brown

S - Heath, Jones

We have potentially four starters suspended (Gregory, Irving, Moore, Wilson) and two injured (Crawford, Hitchens)

Archived