Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Have A lot Of Linebackers. Who Do We Keep?

RawRebel

Skins have 15 linebackers in camp right now , I think we keep 7 or 8. I'm not sure if Martell Spaight is gonna make the cut. Linebackers we keep I think are Kerrigan, Galette, Foster, Zach Brown, Preston Smith, Murphy and Ryan Anderson. I think we have a very good linebacking core that might mask some of our D-line deficiencies. 

21 minutes ago, RawRebel said:

Skins have 15 linebackers in camp right now , I think we keep 7 or 8. I'm not sure if Martell Spaight is gonna make the cut. Linebackers we keep I think are Kerrigan, Galette, Foster, Zach Brown, Preston Smith, Murphy and Ryan Anderson. I think we have a very good linebacking core that might mask some of our D-line deficiencies. 

No Compton?

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Will Murphy be a LB or will they try to make him a DE again?...

He needs to stay on DLine.  We have enough linebackers and he did very well on DLine last year.  That's just my opinion, I expect him to give a jolt to the defense when he gets back if he's as good as last year or better.

Don't worry. Be happy, that we have what we have.

Nico Marley keeps impressing Jay.  Sure he will likely just be a good camp story, but maybe he can be a dime backer, if there is such a thing, or a special teams guy.

I thought Trent was at OLB last year, and is still listed there at 259.  I wonder if Preston is on the bubble, especially if we are at full health and Trent remains at LB.

48 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Our linebacking corps is questionable. Really the only solid player is kerrigan. 

Trent Murphy played well enough and Zach Brown is better and more athletic  than anyone we had at MLB last year. My only hope is that Galette plays at a level comparable to what he did in New Orleans. 

13 minutes ago, RawRebel said:

Trent Murphy played well enough and Zach Brown is better and more athletic  than anyone we had at MLB last year. My only hope is that Galette plays at a level comparable to what he did in New Orleans. 

That's my hope, too, but not my only hope lol...I also hope that Preston Smith starts fulfilling all the promise he showed his rookie year.

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Gruden has repeatedly brought up Lynden Trail's name, as looking impressive.

Lynden was one of the crushes in camp last year, but now that position is just too saturated for him to make the roster. We kept 4 OLBs last season and we already we have 5 "locks" in front of him. But, glad we have him for depth in the event that the injury bug bites.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

He needs to stay on DLine.  We have enough linebackers and he did very well on DLine last year

But he didn't play on DLine last year.  Once Junior got injured before camp they moved him back to LB after gaining over 30 lbs.  Dude's been all over the scale.

He got his 9 sacks last year by playing OLB.

3 minutes ago, Audible_Red40 said:

But he didn't play on DLine last year.  Once Junior got injured before camp they moved him back to LB after gaining over 30 lbs.  Dude's been all over the scale.

He got his 9 sacks last year by playing OLB.

I know they have him listed as a OLB, but I swear everytime I saw him he had is hand in the dirt with Preston playing OLB.  My memory isn't the greatest, but I don't remember them putting him in space a lot last year, its not like he lost the weight by the time training camp was over.

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

That's my hope, too, but not my only hope lol...I also hope that Preston Smith starts fulfilling all the promise he showed his rookie year.

Wasn't he only good in about 4 games his rookie year? Kind of did the Kerrigan thing.

Watch out for Chris Carter as well.  I really wouldn't be surprised to see Preston Smith cut after Murphy gets back from suspension. Ryan Anderson plays that role, and I think he will be much better.  (Assuming everyone stays healthy)  I hope he comes along and becomes more productive and consistent.  I'm just not sure it's going to happen.  I am curious to see Zach Brown in a game situation as well. 

Archived