Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Liquor Thread

PokerPacker

Latest haul.

The Wild Turkey is to restock the bar.

The Senator & JDSBBP are store picks.

They let you "try before you buy" any of their picks. 

I can't resist the JD, it's so good and very underrated. I've never had one that I don't love. It's one of my favorite barrel proof whiskeys, and whoever picked this one, hit it out of the park. I'll probably pick up a couple more.

20210905_162843.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/5/2021 at 5:39 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Latest haul.

The Wild Turkey is to restock the bar.

The Senator & JDSBBP are store picks.

They let you "try before you buy" any of their picks. 

I can't resist the JD, it's so good and very underrated. I've never had one that I don't love. It's one of my favorite barrel proof whiskeys, and whoever picked this one, hit it out of the park. I'll probably pick up a couple more.

20210905_162843.jpg

I can tell you’re a true blue Skins fan.  You like to get ****ED UP Bom Dia Hello GIF

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2021 at 4:58 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea, the ABC system sucks.  Every time I go into my office in DC these days (which is rare) I fill up my car with good booze while I'm down there. 

On 8/20/2021 at 5:18 PM, tshile said:

Actually I love the abc system… I don’t understand why everyone hates it. They do lotteries and auctions and they’re just random. And every store I go into the people are awesome and it takes a onetime 2 minute conversation to find out what day and time their truck deliveries are

their website inventory system is usually spot on accurate… they’ve started rolling out home delivery… online order/pickup already exists….

idk what else you could want. Maybe it’s an area thing and I’m just lucky the closest 5 stores are run and staffed by cool people?

I mean all I gotta do is walk in and tell them 3-4 bourbons that are my favorite and they’ll point me to less popular, readily available stuff that I’ll like. I’d say they’re usually right 70% if the time, which is good enough for me…

ABC has some good stuff, they just lack variety and some of the rarer, harder to find items.  The other day I was in DC, and I stopped by a liquor store and they had several single malt scotches that you can't get at an ABC store, so of course I had to get one to try.  I picked this:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZBwUJJyuWck9k9kEj8

If you're looking for something out of the ordinary, you won't find it at an ABC store.

• Like 1

N.C. ABC commission chair resigns amid statewide liquor supply problems

The chairman of N.C. ABC Commission, Zander Guy, resigned on Friday.

A spokesman confirmed Guy’s resignation in an email on Monday but did not immediately provide additional details.

A source familiar with the matter said Guy’s resignation was effective immediately.

Guy’s resignation comes as the state ABC commission and county ABC boards continue to grapple with supply issues that have left shelves bare at liquor stores across North Carolina.

In addition to supply chain problems sparked by the pandemic, the state implemented a new contract with its vendor, LB&B Associates, in July. As part of that contract, the company had to implement a new electronic inventory and ordering platform.

Click on the link for the full article

So North Carolina is so backwards that they're struggling with that new fangled electronical whatchamajiggy ordering system as opposed to their standard paper and pencil?

17 hours ago, China said:

ABC has some good stuff, they just lack variety and some of the rarer, harder to find items.  The other day I was in DC, and I stopped by a liquor store and they had several single malt scotches that you can't get at an ABC store, so of course I had to get one to try.  I picked this:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZBwUJJyuWck9k9kEj8

If you're looking for something out of the ordinary, you won't find it at an ABC store.

How do you like it?

They had it on sale, at the package store on base in Norfolk, a few months ago so my Mom snagged one for me.  I think it was around $50.00.    It was my first Speyside whisky.  Had I known how good it was, I would've had her buy a few more.  I still prefer Islay peat-bombs, but it has a nice, clean, flavor, that hit's the right notes. 

35 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

How do you like it?

They had it on sale, at the package store on base in Norfolk, a few months ago so my Mom snagged one for me.  I think it was around $50.00.    It was my first Speyside whisky.  Had I known how good it was, I would've had her buy a few more.  I still prefer Islay peat-bombs, but it has a nice, clean, flavor, that hit's the right notes. 

I prefer Speysides to the peated whiskies.  I like the Cragganmore, and would get it again, but there are other ones I prefer (like Dalmore).  I like to try as many as I can to find the one I like, and it'll take me a long time to try them all, but I'm up for the challenge.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

4487b5130278a6316e06e86807a60a7f.gif

Supply chain issues lead to alcohol shortage: 'They don't know what's coming'

Disruptions related to the pandemic have been affecting the global supply chain.

There's been gridlock at the Port of Los Angeles, where shipping containers holding products like toys and sneakers have been stuck offshore. Alcohol is among those products affected, CNN reported.

Jake Duke, regional manager of Spec's Liquor, shared his thoughts.

"We had 50 people waiting in line, just to see what we had coming in this morning because it's a guessing game for us, just as it is for the guest," Duke said. "They don't know what's coming. We don't know what's coming."

Duke added that alcoholic products have been going quickly.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...